What's your favorite way to hit trivial nodes?

2»

Comments

• Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just steamroll them with whatever team I'm gonna use for the hard nodes. Everything dies too fast to try out new or unloved characters, even when they're underleveled.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Almost always using undercovered 5*. Usually this means Phoenix, SS, OML (unfortunately, black cover), but sometimes I'll swap out for BSS since stun sometimes means I can avoid a goon countdown firing.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    I usually go for Old Man Logan (even though he's only 1/0/2 and level 255 that match damage is brutal), Blade, and Iron Fist.
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    Ever since the bug with the board not reshuffling if no matches can be found after you use a power, I am more cautious and won't bring in any 3 star or above characters for trivial nodes. This way if I have to reset, I lose characters that probably recharge health within an hour or so. I always pick a team just slightly higher than the opponents so there is a chance I can lose or I can take a lot of damage.

What I find is that if I win a lot of matches, the game will force me to lose a few no matter what team I chose. Sometimes I will have the best team against goons and I still end up losing because I have won so many times before with perfect health. Or if I come out with very little damage, the game somehow doesn't like that and will force you to lose lots of health the next round. So it's like a sacrifice to the mpq gods so that I can hopefully win in the future tougher fights without too much damage.
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    Before 5 stars were introduced 3 star.pngicon_daken.png 3 star.pngicon_falcon.pngicon_ironfist.png was a fun combo, match 1 green add those strike.png tiles with fist's attack.png tile and start pumping them up with yellowtile.png .
    Skygazing wrote:
    Back when I lived in 3* land: IF/LDaken/Blade
    Iron Fist + Daken is a great combo that I also use. +Blade or Falcon if you can. But honestly, this is true most of the time for me:
    Jarvind wrote:
    I just steamroll them with whatever team I'm gonna use for the hard nodes.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vision/Blade/IF.

Honestly, IF usually handles them by himself. If you get a couple blue matches for Vision's density you end a turn or two early. Blade's there to expedite if the board's red-heavy. Any of the first three nodes in PvE take ~ 4-8 turns.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    icon_quake.pngicon_lukecage.pngicon_ironfist.png

Just match black and purple and punch things. Quake there in case a cd goes off.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quickly.

Sooner they're dead, the sooner the nodes start regenerating points.
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    I remember doing them with whoever I had, a long time ago. Then I switched to JG/Witch, as one Jean purple would knock 'em all down. Then I used Thormneto for a while, probably more for nostalgia than anything. Finally, I just wanted it done fast, so now I demolish them with champion (or just shy of) 5*s.
  • Tryke
    Tryke Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    I used to use IM40/Hood/KK. Get 12 green asap and oneshot, move on.

I use a similar strat now only it's SWitch, TeenJean, Captain Falcon. Get Purple or green asap and oneshot, move on.
  • Natsufan01
    Natsufan01 Posts: 259 Mover and Shaker
    OML, BSS and IF. As a lot of people have said, 5* match damage is crazy high, and IF's attack tile is big. I specifically use OML and BSS because they cover all colors between the two of them, so every match I make is 5* damage without having to think about it, and IF can only be hit by aoe.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jean/Switch/Cyclops (built 355). Jeans higher than Cyc, so yellow -> TU -> Purple while waiting for Switch to resolve.
  • Rojas66
    Rojas66 Posts: 86 Match Maker
    I use a couple of my low covered 5 stars, Silver Surfer and Jean Grey, then throw Deadpool in to get the points if I haven't already for that day or throw in a lowered level character that can possibly give me rainbow coverage.
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Silver Surfer
    Green Goblin
    3* Thor

#Nuffsaid
  • Lboogie
    Lboogie Posts: 55
    If it's an old character event I'll use whoever I want that's different and unique.

In new release events when I need to be quick Jean Grey Scarlet Witch and flaptain america. ...so fast lol
  • PeterGibbons316
    PeterGibbons316 Posts: 1,063
    Lboogie wrote:
    If it's an old character event I'll use whoever I want that's different and unique.

In new release events when I need to be quick Jean Grey Scarlet Witch and flaptain america. ...so fast lol
    I've actually considered champing Flaptain specifically for this combo. I have used it with success, but my Flaptain is around 120 or so and doesn't last long against non-trivial nodes.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've actually considered champing Flaptain specifically for this combo. I have used it with success, but my Flaptain is around 120 or so and doesn't last long against non-trivial nodes.
    if its goon only, his level doesn't matter. for higher level goon only nodes, I use either px or oml. if its 2 goons and 1 character, definitely oml. I may try the flaptain combo tonight just to mix it up.
  • Nazhir
    Nazhir Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Usually, it's Patch/Daken/X-23. I'll sub in Deadpool for X-23 if I need to get his points for the day.