I feel ROBBED

2»

Comments

• Cunneryn
    Cunneryn Posts: 112
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Cunneryn wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    Still very early in the event, some grind it out all at once, some wait on optimals, some have their own styles.. I went to bed ranked #1, woke up ranked #94. Did my full clear when points refreshed, now #4.

Welcome to PVE.. This is nothing new, just means while you slept, others were grinding, do you clear and watch your rank go back up.. pretty simple. You won't know where you truly stand until AFTER a sub ends and everyone in your bracket is starting over on the new sub.

Well it's too late now, I already missed 2 clears on the 2nd day out of frustration.
    You could have spent the hour you used to vent in here to do a clear.
    Just sayin'.

Of course I could have, but why bother... it would only add more fuel to my frustration. Feeling like playing more than others and still not get as much rewards as them is not fun at all and utterly frustrating
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cunneryn wrote:
    Of course I could have, but why bother...

Because it's double iso.

No but really...how is this different from every other PvE?
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cunneryn wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    Still very early in the event, some grind it out all at once, some wait on optimals, some have their own styles.. I went to bed ranked #1, woke up ranked #94. Did my full clear when points refreshed, now #4.

Welcome to PVE.. This is nothing new, just means while you slept, others were grinding, do you clear and watch your rank go back up.. pretty simple. You won't know where you truly stand until AFTER a sub ends and everyone in your bracket is starting over on the new sub.

Well it's too late now, I already missed 2 clears on the 2nd day out of frustration.

you feel "robbed"????? you stopped playing just after one day??????

Man, don't get me wrong I don't want to be mean, but I don't know what are you complaining about! Welcome to the 'real' world! PvE it is always like this for me (and most people). You need to play hard if you want the covers of new 4s. If you miss any of the 9-10 clears to 1 point you just missed top10. And even if you do all clears, if you don't play exactly every 8h so points regenerate as much as possible you won't be top10 either. I did all clears yesterday and I was just 14, I was late for the third clear, so I lost two hours of point regeneration, so I probably lost completely the chance at top10. I don't mind that much, If I get top20 is usually good enough for me.

I ALWAYS have the best score in my alliance, and almost always someone with 30% less points gets better rewards. That is how the game works. I have the best roster and I always play in the hardcore groups. PvE tries to be 'fair' and group people with the same rank/roster together so new players have a chance to the best rewards, so If you are now in a hardcore group it is probably because now you have a better roster than before, or you played hard previous PvEs, so you were being 'helped' by the system before.

Then of course, Peggy is probably the strongest 4 since Punisher, so people is playing really really hard to get her. Also being double iso everybody is playing more too.

This is why some people (like me) wants so badly a progression only PvE system. If you are catalogued by the system as hardcore you need to play really hard, super hard, harder than in my own job!

PS: Aaaaand you are getting a ton of iso so I don't see how are you wasting your time...
  • Cunneryn
    Polares wrote:
    Cunneryn wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

I ALWAYS have the best score in my alliance, and almost always someone with 30% less points gets better rewards. That is how the game works. I have the best roster and I always play in the hardcore groups. PvE tries to be 'fair' and group people with the same rank/roster together so new players have a chance to the best rewards, so If you are now in a hardcore group it is probably because now you have a better roster than before, or you played hard previous PvEs, so you were being 'helped' by the system before.

And that IS the issue... Doesn't it bother you? Don't get me wrong I know it has alway been like that. But this time feel a lot worse because the realeas event is also a double iso.

Why do I fell like in minority here. I thought i should be common sense.... MORE PLAY = MORE REWARDS. That's simple enough no? I mean why am I punished for getting better, why am I punished for ranking well in prior events... it doesn't make sense.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    TxMoose wrote:
    that usually works for me too tater, but this one I actually caught a fresh bracket yesterday, and ground everything to dust, but a couple hrs before sub end. that is usually good for a t10 on a fresh bracket. nope. not thins time. I musta been 11th or 12th, but the combo of peggy and double iso has everyone going harder than normal. and I don't feel robbed or even that unhappy about it, because I got every node to green checks and got a ton of iso. t20 for event might be doable, but even if I barely miss out there (which is very likely), I still get a load of iso that I really really REALLY need.

Yep, I ended up around 12 for that first sub too, all green checks. Peggy+Double ISO+non-holiday weekend start, this was always going to be a tough one for everybody. I'm content with the ISO too (Champed 4* Cyclops FINALLY yesterday, just before a cover for him expired!). But next time it might get Cunneryn some boost in placement and hopefully less frustration in future.
    Cunneryn wrote:

Of course I could have, but why bother... it would only add more fuel to my frustration. Feeling like playing more than others and still not get as much rewards as them is not fun at all and utterly frustrating

You're not going to want to hear this, Cunneryn, but stop worrying about what someone else is getting in the game over you. They only way I got to 980 days in this game is by accepting I will NEVER "win" this race. There are people who started 400 days after me that have stronger rosters ahead of me, so what? There will always be people who don't quit the first day and keep steadily on, beating me with a level capped roster of 120 lvl, so what? The truth is every character I've killed myself to get a cover of (or buy a cover of), I later sold multiple covers of. Covers will eventually come but the ISO is what helps you keep them. Play until you don't have fun with the game mechanic itself anymore, NOT because of where others are relative to you. Don't stress over every new shiny character they wave in front of you, ISO let's the ones you have get better.

And take a break if you need it! Keep up with DDQ each day for at least the daily rewards, if you can. Everybody gets burnout, I've done it twice over the years (wait, YEARS?! icon_e_sad.gif I'm getting old).
  • laughingMAN
    laughingMAN Posts: 65 Match Maker
    Cunneryn wrote:
    Why do I fell like in minority here. I thought i should be common sense.... MORE PLAY = MORE REWARDS. That's simple enough no?

While I agree with a lot of your points on the game's issues, I have to heavily disagree with this one. Some people will spend hundreds of thousands of hours playing guitar but never be a famous musician. Or thousands of hours playing tennis but never be Serena Williams. Sports, acting, blogging, the list goes on. The mentality of "doing something = get a guaranteed reward" is basically asking for a participation trophy.

Like it or not, this game is 50% competitive by design. Conventional wisdom from other games would suggest this should be split up between "pve" and "pvp", but it's not - it's split between "progression" and "placement". In fact, nowhere in the game is the term "pve" really used (what we refer to as pve is actually "story" in the tab). The competitive aspect is, unfortunately, zero-sum. For someone to move up, someone else must move down. Now, maybe they could make the rules around that stuff less esoteric (optimal clears, character scaling, vet vs noob brackets are all completely undocumented effects outside of this forum), and I completely agree that communication on those is something that they should fix. But if one is not willing to put in the same amount of work as other players (based solely on the notion of "I didn't have to do that before") then no, I don't agree that person should be rewarded equally.

So as other people have already said, maybe view prizes from a progressions standpoint only? I know that's what I do now. And this is coming from someone who's basically scaled out of any chance to get a Captain Carter now, so I know your pain.
  • Cunneryn
    Cunneryn wrote:

You're not going to want to hear this, Cunneryn, but stop worrying about what someone else is getting in the game over you. They only way I got to 980 days in this game is by accepting I will NEVER "win" this race. There are people who started 400 days after me that have stronger rosters ahead of me, so what? There will always be people who don't quit the first day and keep steadily on, beating me with a level capped roster of 120 lvl, so what? The truth is every character I've killed myself to get a cover of (or buy a cover of), I later sold multiple covers of. Covers will eventually come but the ISO is what helps you keep them. Play until you don't have fun with the game mechanic itself anymore, NOT because of where others are relative to you. Don't stress over every new shiny character they wave in front of you, ISO let's the ones you have get better.

And take a break if you need it! Keep up with DDQ each day for at least the daily rewards, if you can. Everybody gets burnout, I've done it twice over the years (wait, YEARS?! icon_e_sad.gif I'm getting old).

That might be the best advice so far

I agree that I might have blown that out way too far. I was already upset yesterday, and when I saw that it just added fuel on everything else, hence my big reaction. So I'm sorry if I offended anyone.

But still I still think that that the current system is inherently and have a lot of room for improvement in order to become a lot more FAIR.
  • Cunneryn
    Cunneryn wrote:
    Why do I fell like in minority here. I thought i should be common sense.... MORE PLAY = MORE REWARDS. That's simple enough no?

While I agree with a lot of your points on the game's issues, I have to heavily disagree with this one. Some people will spend hundreds of thousands of hours playing guitar but never be a famous musician. Or thousands of hours playing tennis but never be Serena Williams. Sports, acting, blogging, the list goes on. The mentality of "doing something = get a guaranteed reward" is basically asking for a participation trophy.

Like it or not, this game is 50% competitive by design. Conventional wisdom from other games would suggest this should be split up between "pve" and "pvp", but it's not - it's split between "progression" and "placement". In fact, nowhere in the game is the term "pve" really used (what we refer to as pve is actually "story" in the tab). The competitive aspect is, unfortunately, zero-sum. For someone to move up, someone else must move down. Now, maybe they could make the rules around that stuff less esoteric (optimal clears, character scaling, vet vs noob brackets are all completely undocumented effects outside of this forum), and I completely agree that communication on those is something that they should fix. But if one is not willing to put in the same amount of work as other players (based solely on the notion of "I didn't have to do that before") then no, I don't agree that person should be rewarded equally.

So as other people have already said, maybe view prizes from a progressions standpoint only? I know that's what I do now. And this is coming from someone who's basically scaled out of any chance to get a Captain Carter now, so I know your pain.

Regarding the sports reference, I tend to disagree. even you you pass more time, if you doN,t have the talent or success, its normal that you won't become a professional. here success is defined as to whether or not the nodes are completed, hence if I spend more time, I complete more nodes. Its not only more time, its only more success. You can spend more time and fail on the nodes, no success, less prizes, that's only logical.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cunneryn wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

never give up till the last bracket.. many are playing just for the CP and will quit.. even on new 4 stars

but dont worry PVE will be a thing of the past by end of summer.. They cant be doing all of these test runs and not change it...
  • laughingMAN
    laughingMAN Posts: 65 Match Maker
    Cunneryn wrote:
    Regarding the sports reference, I tend to disagree. even you you pass more time, if you doN,t have the talent or success, its normal that you won't become a professional. here success is defined as to whether or not the nodes are completed, hence if I spend more time, I complete more nodes. Its not only more time, its only more success. You can spend more time and fail on the nodes, no success, less prizes, that's only logical.

But by your own omission, you weren't grinding the last hour, so you weren't actually completing the nodes optimally. It's not fair to only use one component of an equation and omit everything else. To go back to a sports analogy, just because I lob a basketball at a basket doesn't mean I should get as many points as another person shooting the ball with proper form. This is why I said that the rules around what constitutes "proper form" need to be a bit clearer in the game (and where I totally agree with your frustration).

That said, I'm glad to hear you've cooled off. We've all been in frustration-land before.
  • Cunneryn
    Cunneryn wrote:

But by your own omission, you weren't grinding the last hour, so you weren't actually completing the nodes optimally. It's not fair to only use one component of an equation and omit everything else. To go back to a sports analogy, just because I lob a basketball at a basket doesn't mean I should get as many points as another person shooting the ball with proper form. This is why I said that the rules around what constitutes "proper form" need to be a bit clearer in the game (and where I totally agree with your frustration).

That said, I'm glad to hear you've cooled off. We've all been in frustration-land before.

I agree with you, I'm not mad at not being in the top 100. People played more than me. I'ts normal, they had more points. My issue is that people have LESS points than me and, because of bracket luck, they are in the top 100 or even top 50.

As you said before, this game is competitive, hence more time spent = more points = more rewards. I'm talking overall, not separated by uneven brackets.
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    OP, as many have already said, this is the way PVE has always been. Its not right, but it is what it is. On the other hand, MPQ players seem to have the highest sense of Stockholm Syndrome of anyone I have ever seen. You guys eat up your own and spit them out to the point where the devs don't have to answer any question. In any topic that gets posted on here, there are people that want to post legit complaints but the same people come around and try to destroy them. Well here it is, PVP is player against player. Why am I not playing against all the players? I would love to beat up some of your rosters in PVP instead of facing champed OML/Phx/SS/Gobby/IM/BSSM (I haven't seen anyone actually play Cap yet) from the moment the seeds are played. My MMR shouldn't make you invisible to me. We shouldn't be playing for the same rewards. You guys keep talking about time investment, well, hell, what about my money investment? If we are going to play for same rewards, I need to be able to climb off your PVE rosters. As for PVE...its either Player vs Everyone or Player vs Environment, not Player vs 500 randomly picked people we think you should be playing against because you are winning too much. Because that is exactly what PVE is now. Im ok with letting people who just started playing to be in their separate bracket for about 50 days, after that everyone should be placed in 1 big bracket and let them fight it out if you like this current monstrosity of bracketing or just make it progression. Yeah I can score high in PVP, but it gets down right boring and tiring playing 10 minute matches. I will gladly forgo my placement in PVE in 1 big bracket so that you grinders can feel superior to me, so that I can climb off you and feel superior to you in PVP. You shouldn't get to grind to number 1 because your personal life fits that type of play AND be invisible to my MMR in PVP. Either take one or the other.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Please use the "worst moment" thread to post your story(ies), locking this thread before more posts need to be removed/warned

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=30058&start=780
This discussion has been closed.