I feel ROBBED

Cunneryn
Cunneryn Posts: 112
edited June 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
The last event ruined me and made sure to robbed me.

Being a double I so event, I played more than usual (cleared almost all the nodes), but what did that bring me... I'm not the only one thinking like that... I somehow manage to find the hardest bracket I have EVER seen. PLaying at the rate I played in the first day I wuld have ben top 50 in any release event prior to that one. However, tonigh, despite beuig ranked around 50 an hour before the end, I opened the game just before the end to realise I have lost more than 100 places in ranking. In barely an hour, I am now 160.

The worst is that I know that some people played considerably less and and will somehow still be in the top hundred and get the new character. I play with a friend usuallt and he was SOO MAD, because he couldn't play as much as he wanted in the first day. He still has less points than me, but, for some reason, his bracket allowed him to remain ranked 79.

In addition to that, seing my placement completely destroyed me and I won't play in the event anymore so I'm also robbed of a double iso-8 event... Iso that I desperetely need... ANd the Cp every day and in the progression...

It's not the only place I feel robbed though...Even though I play more than most, my rewards are usually ****. In regards to my legendary tokens.... 3 5stars since christmas... Despite hitting almost all progression, few crash of titans, etc... If I take my friend for example, he was able to oppend around 10ish 5stars in the time I opened 3. Despite me playing considerably more.

It's soooo frustrating lnowing that all the effort I put in are useless and that some people playing considerably are rewarded way better than me... I can somehow understand how token works, It's luck based so, although very frustrating to have such low luck, it's still somehow fair... But the bracket system being so disparate and random is completely ****.

Comments

• mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    If someone is placed in a more challenging bracket or with tougher scaling, then they should be receiving better rewards as well. That just makes sense, and then people wouldn't feel so frustrated. They wouldn't feel that they were being punished for doing well in the game (ie improving their roster and playing enough to get good placement prizes).
  • Cunneryn
    The thing is... I'm supposed to play PVE. If I wanted to play against other people, I would have played PVP. But no, I want to play agaisnt the game... but apparently is't not possible in here
  • Phaentom
    Phaentom Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    If you logged in with only an hour to go, sounds like you are not trying to max out your points. They are still using the old system, so if you're trying to get placement awards as well as the progression awards, there's only one way to max the points. Clear each node once at the start of the event, wait 8hrs clear each node once again, wait 8hrs clear each node once again, then with 2-2.5hrs left grind each node down to 1 point.

Example, last night for me was the end of the 1st sub in the Unstable Iso-8(Peggy Carter) Event. Before I started the grind phase I was listed in 180th place, after the grind phase I was in 8th place only 450pts behind the leader. The majority of the points come during the final 2-2.5hr grind phase.
  • xdogg
    xdogg Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    I'm in a tough bracket also but to quit playing the event you are robbing yourself of the double iso. No way I'm going to quit regardless of my placement. Also you should always grind towards the end or people are going to pass you especially in new character releases.
  • Cunneryn
    I never had to grind in the last hour, but that's not the issue here. Not being in the top 100 doesn't bother me. Losing to people who put more time into it I'm fine with it... It's losing to people playing less that frustrates me to no end.

I know I could have grinded a bit in the last hour, but I never had to. Why change my habits if it ALWAYS worked before.

And regarding quitting the double iso event... I'm just soo frustrated everytime I see the icon for that event... I brings back the frustration... so if I want to keep my sanity, I need to stop
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cunneryn wrote:
    The thing is... I'm supposed to play PVE. If I wanted to play against other people, I would have played PVP. But no, I want to play agaisnt the game... but apparently is't not possible in here

You can play against the game fine. You lose some placement rewards but double iso >>> one cover of a new character
  • Cunneryn
    Cunneryn wrote:

You can play against the game fine. You lose some placement rewards but double iso >>> one cover of a new character

I'm so mad right now, that I feel like any time put in the event is a waste of time. It will also frustrate me more knowing that same time on it as other people I wil only get the Iso, while the other ones will get the siso AND THE COVERS.

I guess my point is: 2 people playing the same should have the same rewards. One peolple playing more should have more rewards...

I don't think it's too much to ask...
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    xdogg wrote:
    I'm in a tough bracket also but to quit playing the event you are robbing yourself of the double iso. No way I'm going to quit regardless of my placement. Also you should always grind towards the end or people are going to pass you especially in new character releases.
    I 100% agree with you Xdogg. I personally go for top 10-top 20 for new releases but this event is going to be tough for me because of work during the week, and kids activities. What this means is I will not be able to play optimally, but that won't stop me from doing full clears for the double ISO event.

I have had multiple new release PVE where I have ended my first clear in the hundreds and came back to place in the top 20. Now in this event if you are not close after the first sub you will have difficulty moving up since it is 24/48/24. No reason not to get double ISO though.
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    Cunneryn wrote:

The worst is that I know that some people played considerably less and and will somehow still be in the top hundred and get the new character. I play with a friend usuallt and he was SOO MAD, because he couldn't play as much as he wanted in the first day. He still has less points than me, but, for some reason, his bracket allowed him to remain ranked 79.

It's soooo frustrating lnowing that all the effort I put in are useless and that some people playing considerably are rewarded way better than me... I can somehow understand how token works, It's luck based so, although very frustrating to have such low luck, it's still somehow fair... But the bracket system being so disparate and random is completely tinykitty.

This is the main reason why so many players (ME FIRST) are asking for a PROGRESSION REWARDS PVE ONLY....

This way, if you want the top rewards, you have to reach the top score with no regards to the fact of having been placed in an hardcore bracket or a simply one. icon_e_smile.gif
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    Cunneryn wrote:
    I'm so mad right now, that I feel like any time put in the event is a waste of time. It will also frustrate me more knowing that same time on it as other people I wil only get the Iso, while the other ones will get the siso AND THE COVERS.

Only the people in your bracket have the opportunity to get the Iso and Covers. People that play less in later brackets won't get the Iso.

With double iso and a new release, yes the brackets are going to be considerably harder than normal. Expecting your typical effort to be good enough is probably a bit foolhardy.

But overall, you're cutting off your proverbial nose to quit during a double iso event, no matter how frustrating your bracket is. That's a lot of resources for 4 days work that you're kicking to the curb.
  • Cunneryn
    WEBGAS wrote:
    Cunneryn wrote:

It's soooo frustrating lnowing that all the effort I put in are useless and that some people playing considerably are rewarded way better than me... I can somehow understand how token works, It's luck based so, although very frustrating to have such low luck, it's still somehow fair... But the bracket system being so disparate and random is completely tinykitty.

This is the main reason why so many players (ME FIRST) are asking for a PROGRESSION REWARDS PVE ONLY....

This way, if you want the top rewards, you have to reach the top score with no regards to the fact of having been placed in an hardcore bracket or a simply one. icon_e_smile.gif

I completely agree with you. I've been asking for that for a long time as well. It's just that this event has been the cherry on the cake for me. It's the first time in a year that I wont get the new release becouse of my ridicoulous bracket.
  • Cunneryn
    Cunneryn wrote:

Only the people in your bracket have the opportunity to get the Iso and Covers. People that play less in later brackets won't get the Iso.

With double iso and a new release, yes the brackets are going to be considerably harder than normal. Expecting your typical effort to be good enough is probably a bit foolhardy.

But overall, you're cutting off your proverbial nose to quit during a double iso event, no matter how frustrating your bracket is. That's a lot of resources for 4 days work that you're kicking to the curb.

i'ts not only the fresh bracket. I know some brackets that started early and with less points than me had a better ranking
  • Cunneryn
    wymtime wrote:
    xdogg wrote:
    I 100% agree with you Xdogg. I personally go for top 10-top 20 for new releases but this event is going to be tough for me because of work during the week, and kids activities. What this means is I will not be able to play optimally, but that won't stop me from doing full clears for the double ISO event.

I have had multiple new release PVE where I have ended my first clear in the hundreds and came back to place in the top 20. Now in this event if you are not close after the first sub you will have difficulty moving up since it is 24/48/24. No reason not to get double ISO though.

I don't understand how you guys are not frustrated putting that much effort and not being rewarded as much as other people who played the same or less
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Still very early in the event, some grind it out all at once, some wait on optimals, some have their own styles.. I went to bed ranked #1, woke up ranked #94. Did my full clear when points refreshed, now #4.

Welcome to PVE.. This is nothing new, just means while you slept, others were grinding, do your clear and watch your rank go back up.. pretty simple. You won't know where you truly stand until AFTER a sub ends and everyone in your bracket is starting over on the new sub.
  • Cunneryn
    Malcrof wrote:
    Still very early in the event, some grind it out all at once, some wait on optimals, some have their own styles.. I went to bed ranked #1, woke up ranked #94. Did my full clear when points refreshed, now #4.

Welcome to PVE.. This is nothing new, just means while you slept, others were grinding, do you clear and watch your rank go back up.. pretty simple. You won't know where you truly stand until AFTER a sub ends and everyone in your bracket is starting over on the new sub.

Well it's too late now, I already missed 2 clears on the 2nd day out of frustration.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2016
    Cunneryn: this won't help you now for this event, but for next PVE trying joining late, say three hours after the start of your regular slice, for the the first sub. Don't join a event at the start or worse, in the 12 hours before when the preview window opens. I found myself placing higher in PVE by joining late without any real extra effort than I normally do. You won't have optimal refreshes that first day but if you were planning to grind down at the end of the sub anyway, it will sort itself out. Then play the rest of the subs normally (clearing as they open, optimal refreshes, end of sub grind again).

I found myself going from Top 50 to Top 20 or even Top 10 if I really put in the effort. But even if you only grind trivial nodes at the end to save health packs, you should see a jump in placement while still having time to hit progression, maybe making the difference in ensure you hit Top 100 when you really need to.

If your schedule allows, try it. Brackets aren't totally random, even when they are putting you against tougher players due to your roster, you can miss the hardcore crowd once that first bracket of 1000 fills up (or at least get less hardcore players icon_e_confused.gif ) I usually play Slice 1, joining at the same time the Daily Reward becomes available. Depending on what slice you usually play, you might have to experiment to see what's better for you.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cunneryn wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

Welcome to PVE.. This is nothing new, just means while you slept, others were grinding, do you clear and watch your rank go back up.. pretty simple. You won't know where you truly stand until AFTER a sub ends and everyone in your bracket is starting over on the new sub.

Well it's too late now, I already missed 2 clears on the 2nd day out of frustration.
    You could have spent the hour you used to vent in here to do a clear.
    Just sayin'.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    Cunneryn wrote:
    I don't understand how you guys are not frustrated putting that much effort and not being rewarded as much as other people who played the same or less

The nature of the unfairness of brackets is not news, it's why (among other reasons) there are a billion posts about making PvE progression. For now, however, they still exist, so either you don't play PvE or you do.

With double iso, I'm sure as excrement not gonna care what others are doing. I'm gonna play and place where I place.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cunneryn wrote:
    wymtime wrote:
    xdogg wrote:

I am not saying I don't want progression only. I have personally grinder PVE in the past to place top 2. I do want progression only for rewards. On the other hand having 10 4* characters at 270 and multiple other 4* at 13 covers means I am not too concerned about weather I get 5,4,3,2 or even 1 cover. If you play optimally you can come back and get top 100 in his event. I will either be top 20 or top 50 and either I'll be fine. If I get top 50 it is because at least 20 other players played mor optimally than me or grinder down the nodes more than me. They will have earned the top 20 placement over me.
    PVE has long been about timing. Time when you get into your bracket, time when you do your clears, time when you do your finally grind.
    Fact is the double ISO, CP, and sub rewards are worth more than a couple new character covers. I will eventually get 13 covers of Peggy if it takes me a couple more months so be it. After 900+ days in this game I realized a long time ago it is a marathon not a sprint. It is a game, not real life. Enjoy the game for the game, play as you feel appropriate, and progress at the pace you progress.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    that usually works for me too tater, but this one I actually caught a fresh bracket yesterday, and ground everything to dust, but a couple hrs before sub end. that is usually good for a t10 on a fresh bracket. nope. not thins time. I musta been 11th or 12th, but the combo of peggy and double iso has everyone going harder than normal. and I don't feel robbed or even that unhappy about it, because I got every node to green checks and got a ton of iso. t20 for event might be doable, but even if I barely miss out there (which is very likely), I still get a load of iso that I really really REALLY need.
This discussion has been closed.