Lightning Rounds: Round 2, Fight!

Options
IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
edited November 2013 in MPQ General Discussion
New set of Lightning Rounds just went up. Or rather, we've brought them back for a mid-week set of quick brawls. Patch notes here.

Comments

• Reward for 51-100 is worth for me less than 101-250, because I will sell Captain America and gain total of 375 ISO instead of 500 ISO for getting lower place.
    I am quite sure that many players will be in this situation, if not already, then in couple Lighting rounds.

P.S.
    Why on Wednesday? icon_e_sad.gif
  • came back from a meeting to a lightning round day. work day productivity = 0
  • Man. I played for 45 minutes grinding my way tot he top 25 and then I finish a match and I was attacked5 times to look over 100 points and it dropped be back to almost 400 with less than 5 minutes left. I could not believe it! It's just a little ridiculous.
  • A lot less happy about the participation rewards. Last week's lightning rounds gave 250 ISO for placing. Today's was only 70. Seems a lot less worth bothering with, frankly.
  • They should change the point system, yes... Why not easily implement that no one can fall behind the last reward mark they reached? That would make it even possible to achieve higher overall scores for the up to now unreachable prizes...

And how is that possible? I got attacked by someone. I fought him back successful, but after the end of the fight I got the notification the same guy attacked me again. Oh wait, fights end in 5 seconds?! Is the end of the fight calculated when the fight starts? Did he get the notification of my win while I was still battling him?
  • IceIX
    Options
    Arclight wrote:
    And how is that possible? I got attacked by someone. I fought him back successful, but after the end of the fight I got the notification the same guy attacked me again. Oh wait, fights end in 5 seconds?! Is the end of the fight calculated when the fight starts? Did he get the notification of my win while I was still battling him?

If you're being match-made against someone, you're in the same pool as they are. It's definitely possible that while you were fighting them, they were fighting you since they got you on one of their markers.
  • IceIX
    Options
    someguy wrote:
    A lot less happy about the participation rewards. Last week's lightning rounds gave 250 ISO for placing. Today's was only 70. Seems a lot less worth bothering with, frankly.
    Not sure what you're seeing there, but the 101-100K reward is 250 Iso, same as last week's rounds. You can see this in the current Doom round. The only real change this week is that participation tokens are for the Lightning Round Packs instead of normal Packs.
  • IceIX wrote:
    someguy wrote:
    A lot less happy about the participation rewards. Last week's lightning rounds gave 250 ISO for placing. Today's was only 70. Seems a lot less worth bothering with, frankly.
    Not sure what you're seeing there, but the 101-100K reward is 250 Iso, same as last week's rounds. You can see this in the current Doom round. The only real change this week is that participation tokens are for the Lightning Round Packs instead of normal Packs.

Hopefully that stays for all the rounds. I was in the very first lightning tourney this day and got only 70 for participation.
  • Is it my imagination or has something changed with the scoring? I'm sure I was taking less rating damage from being hit...
  • IceIX wrote:
    someguy wrote:

Then there is something wrong. In the Hood Round there were many different Iso rewards but you got tokens for the Hood package, in the Doom round there was the 250 Iso reward but the tokens were only for normal packs, not for the Doom packs
  • IceIX
    edited November 2013
    Options
    And... You're correct about the 70 Iso and the pack discrepancy. Odd, it's set up identically to the QA servers and we just copy that over. Looking into it in any case.
  • Bainee
    Bainee Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    And... You're correct about the 70 Iso and the pack discrepancy. Odd, it's set up identically to the QA servers and we just copy that over. Looking into it in any case.

At least the 500 ISO for 101-250 is very nice.

Idea moving foward: Offer a choice between ISO or a 2* card. This way anyone who has a maxed cover Cap or other cover could get 500 or so ISO instead of a cover they will be selling.
  • Bainee wrote:
    IceIX wrote:

At least the 500 ISO for 101-250 is very nice.

Idea moving foward: Offer a choice between ISO or a 2* card. This way anyone who has a maxed cover Cap or other cover could get 500 or so ISO instead of a cover they will be selling.

I think the point is to disinterest people who have already farmed the lightning rounds so new people can get rewards. At least that's how I imagine it playing out, considering they only consist of Doom and Hood. That, or lightning rounds are attracted to heroes with "oo's in them.
  • Can they move the lightning rounds to AFTER work hours? Yer killin' me here!
  • I also think i should build a new cap. I made a damn mistake and have him as 5-4-4. I was planning to make him 3-5-5 or 4-5-4. Just something that can change any tile to a cap countdown tile. Instead I am still at the mercy of those damn lvl 120 maggia.
  • pulis wrote:
    Can they move the lightning rounds to AFTER work hours? Yer killin' me here!
    They're after work hours where I live.
  • I played the heck out of the first Doom round, topping out at 8th. Finished 52nd after last minute attacks that didn't give me enough time to start another match.

And given the nature of the tournament it's impossible to run a full strong team, so you may as well run a tank (L50 Iron Man, L45 Thor, or L40 Captain), Storm (L46 modern or L48 classic), and the throwaway.

The scoring system is just incredibly frustrating. There's simply no point in trying for anything past the 100 point reward unless you have an absolute top tier team.
  • FYI, got in a Cap round (don't remember which one) earlier today after posting here. The participation award for placing at 10K was listed at 250. Still only got 70. Posting this here & not the bug forum since it was brought up here first.
  • pulis wrote:
    Can they move the lightning rounds to AFTER work hours? Yer killin' me here!

With 24hrs event (assuming it will be like last time) some part is bound to take after work hours and some during them icon_e_wink.gif So far I managed not to miss single round in this tournament... cause during night I was waking up every hour and half by myself icon_eek.gif (no alarm or anything)
  • Let's see who's out there for this one...

Thor 85 / Storm Classic 70 / Hood [skip]
    Thor 70 / Storm Classic 71 / Hood [skip]
    Thor 82 / Storm Classic 63 / Hood [skip]
    Thor 61 / Storm Classic 85 / Hood [skip]
    Ragnarok 73 / Storm Classic 70 / Hood [skip]
    Thor 85 / Wolverine 85 / Hood [skip]
    Thor 72 / Storm Classic 68 / Hood [skip]
    Thor 85 / Storm Classic 85 / Hood [skip]
    Thor 85 / Spider-Man 112 / Hood [skip]

I sense a trend here.