*facepalm* How does this happen, honestly???

2»

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    BTW, she is not exclusive in the least.

They finally did a press release of sorts.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/06/27/ca ... nniversary

Captain America may be turning 75, but he isn’t showing any signs of slowing down or going away. In honor of Cap’s 75th anniversary, Marvel Games has created never-before-seen versions of the First Avenger across its portfolio of mobile and PC game titles.

Every game is getting a different Cap.
  • Malcrof wrote:
    BTW, she is not exclusive in the least.

Looks like the Cap thing is across games, but Peggy Cap is exclusive for MPQ.
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    Malcrof wrote:
    New Character announcements for a long while now, have been done by Marvel.com first, before anything can be posted here. I am pretty sure this is a contractual thing. Marvel.com though , failed to acknowledge PegCap at all, in fact, doing a search of Google News for Peggy Carter, Puzzle Quest, and a few other keywords, shows no acknowledgment of this new character anywhere.

This is a first, ever.. Complaining about communication on something that d3/demi can do absolutely nothing about due to the contracts that make the game possible is just silly, but i do find the lack of anything at all , anywhere, about this new char.. a bit disturbing.

They did add her into the iso-8 storyline though, so they had been in the works for a while.. it looks like Marvel dropped the ball on this one.
    This here is what bothers me the most. I can't stand the posts where people absolve the company of all blame. Who signed the contracts? Take drinking and driving for instance. If you get drunk which is your choice and drive and you crash into something, it is your fault. Try explaining to the cops that you had no control because you were drunk. How is this not the same? Not like anyone forced them to sign the contract or they couldn't foresee any problems with it. The company took an action and should be responsible for the consequences, even the unintended ones.

To address the complaints on the forums, mainly people always use the phrase "you are supposed to lose", people are negative about that, but that shouldn't be a reason to stop communicating. Yes, it is negative, but at the same time, it's a joke, have a sense of humor about it. If they are so sensitive to complaints, then why have this forum then? Obviously the forum is achieving it's purpose and thus why it is still up and thus the reason "too many people complain about announcements" shouldn't be a reason to stop communicating. Besides they always have the power to lock or delete threads if it gets out of hand and this tool has been used often. It's a business, people shouldn't take things/criticism too personally, just do the job and go home at the end of the day.
  • aesthetocyst
    aesthetocyst Posts: 538 Critical Contributor
    dsds wrote:
    This here is what bothers me the most. I can't stand the posts where people absolve the company of all blame.

Yes, how dare they disagree with you and not jump on the pitchforks and sky-is-falling bandwagon all the time.
    dsds wrote:
    Who signed the contracts? Take drinking and driving for instance. If you get drunk which is your choice and drive and you crash into something, it is your fault. Try explaining to the cops that you had no control because you were drunk. How is this not the same? Not like anyone forced them to sign the contract or they couldn't foresee any problems with it. The company took an action and should be responsible for the consequences, even the unintended ones.

What the hell? Are you saying they were drunk when the signed the contracts that may or may not exist?

Step back Daytime Emmy, we're all talking about a match-3 game here icon_lol.gif
  • FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    You mean the entire team isn't constantly hammered every time they touch the game? I can't believe sober people are behind this! icon_lol.gif
  • Keegan
    Keegan Posts: 284 Mover and Shaker
    brisashi wrote:
    They still could have communicated the fact that there was an upcoming double iso event with a surprise new character release outside of the normal schedule without revealing the identity of the new character, contractual agreements or no.

That's not how contractual agreements work.
  • brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    Keegan wrote:
    brisashi wrote:
    They still could have communicated the fact that there was an upcoming double iso event with a surprise new character release outside of the normal schedule without revealing the identity of the new character, contractual agreements or no.

That's not how contractual agreements work.

I find it hard to believe they aren't allowed to announce an upcoming double iso event.

To their credit they did state the next unknown character was coming very soon.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    I get the feeling that they're perpetually in the weeds. Maybe it's because they're actually too small for what the game could/should become and they're too busy just trying to keep it from breaking down completely to address things like double-ISO. I have to imagine David wears many hats and his community liaison job is just one of many.
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    Pitchforks what century are we in? Where do I get pitchforks in this day and age? It's more like passive protesting since I am still playing the game and not calling anyone names. Just that they should accept responsibility for their actions, that's all. Transparency, accountability, that sort of stuff that you expect from a reputable company. Accepting responsibly doesn't mean I want anyone's head just a "oops my bad, it won't happen next time" type of thing.

I didn't think you would take my analogy so literal? Contracts impair what you can do, the same as alcohol impairs your driving?
  • Nate7671
    Nate7671 Posts: 47
    This pisses me off to no end- I got a late start in my slice and somehow ended up with a competitive slice as a result I didn't bother playing after the first node or so. I didnt notice it was double ISO had I noticed I would have at least played the nodes to gain ISO as opposed to placement for a new character.

**** is wrong with this company- THE #1 COMPLAINT FROM THE FORUMS IS THE LACK OF COMMUNICATION........Please at least respect the players by reading the forums every once in a while.......
  • Keegan
    Nate7671 wrote:
    This pisses me off to no end- I got a late start in my slice and somehow ended up with a competitive slice as a result I didn't bother playing after the first node or so. I didnt notice it was double ISO had I noticed I would have at least played the nodes to gain ISO as opposed to placement for a new character.

**** is wrong with this company- THE #1 COMPLAINT FROM THE FORUMS IS THE LACK OF COMMUNICATION........Please at least respect the players by reading the forums every once in a while.......

There was massive in-game popup telling you that this was double iso. You had to dismiss the screen to get to the game. You cannot claim you were not told, it's not the devs' fault in the slightest if you didn't read the popup. There are over 100,000 people playing this game daily, and everyone saw the same thing.
  • Nate7671
    Nate7671 Posts: 47
    Keegan wrote:
    Nate7671 wrote:

There was massive in-game popup telling you that this was double iso. You had to dismiss the screen to get to the game. You cannot claim you were not told, it's not the devs' fault in the slightest if you didn't read the popup. There are over 100,000 people playing this game daily, and everyone saw the same thing.

If that's the case I can appreciate that and thank you for bringing that to my attention (I cannot say I recall the popup but perhaps it was there)- however it still fails to address the issue of not communicating this event in advance.
  • Keegan
    Nate7671 wrote:
    Keegan wrote:
    Nate7671 wrote:

If that's the case I can appreciate that and thank you for bringing that to my attention (I cannot say I recall the popup but perhaps it was there)

Cool, and yeah there is a good chance it was skipped over because many of us are used to the popups, but still icon_cool.gif
    however it still fails to address the issue of not communicating this event in advance.

True. It's sounding to me like a massive cockup on Marvel's end in getting publication announcements together, and they likely told their contracting companies to sit down and shut up so they can release everything in unison across all the games. It's lame, it's a poor excuse, but it's business - often lame and full of poor excuses.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Hi,

We hope you enjoy the new character and the double-Iso.

The timing of announcements and release of information is planned in advance. Peggy Carter could only be revealed at a specific time as numerous companies, contracts and venues were involved.

No pain was intended. Deep breaths please. Have fun out there!

(Locking thread.)
This discussion has been closed.