What do you realistically want in the game?

2»

Comments

• HxiiiK
    HxiiiK Posts: 195 Tile Toppler
    What I want? 2x ISO, all the time. We're all starved for resources as it is. And it's been proven repeatedly that the feature is there, just jam the switch in the "on" direction and call it a day.

Everyone is happy. Don't give me that "then people won't spend money on the Mother Lode ISO stash" ****. No one spends money on that, not even the mega-whales
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    Can't speak on whether or not these things are realistic but here goes:

1) An RNG fail safe system
    1st LT token pull has a 15% 5* drop rate.
    2nd LT token pull has a 25% 5* drop rate.
    3rd LT token pull has a 35% 5* drop rate....
    Upon opening a 5* the fail safe system resets to 15%. This whole system operates behind the scenes and is never told to the player. You could take this one step further and apply a fail safe system to colour as well having the system apply an increased chance of dropping a cover that's not already at 5.

2) Rewards given out proportional to difficulty.
    If a level 100 mob gives out 100 ISO then a level 500 mob should give out 500 ISO. Simply put this directly addresses the ISO issues by rewarding those who level rosters and actually need more ISO for higher tiers of play. It does this without giving out soo much ISO that 1* and 2* tiers are made obsolete too quickly.

3) Regular Character Balance Changes
    In my ideal MPQ I'd love to see semi-frequent balanced adjustments with every single patch. This could be simple things like boosting XF green by 500 damage one patch. Reducing the cost of bagmans skills by 1 AP each the next. Small changes that could be watched and shouldn't immediately break the game or require hotfixes.

4) Introduction of 4* Pvp's
    I'd prefer that they be implemented independently from the season events. Run them so they end on pvp off days and tailor rewards for players at that tier and above (IE: ISO rewards and maybe some CP)

5) Ability to buy boosts in sets of 30
    It's annoying to constantly buy in sets of 5. Simple and convenient U.I fix

6) Reduce Health scaling as a means to define difficulty
    Scaling involves increasing match damage, skill damage and health. The problem with health buffs is that it balloons excessively to increase match damage significantly and limit roster diversity. I truly feel that health scaling should be reduced dramatically. If you have to increase difficulty to compensate for this change then do it through skill damage.

7) Tighten the power gap between skill covers
    This was done in 5* tier but only proves to be effective with OML who become usable very quickly. I love this execution and I think the devs need to be WAY more aggressive with the other 5* to ensure this carries over. A base level silver surfer with just 1 red cover should immediately start out at around 50% of max damage for example. This puts it around the 4* tier range right away. Apply this same logic to all characters for all tiers of play.

8) Power up championed 2*, 3* and 4* characters super quick early on.
    Think of it like leveling a 4* where you get the biggest changes from level 70-170 and then the improvements are minor and gradual for those last 100 levels. It's known that a 4* will approximately double its strength when it finally reaches maxed champion. This puts it in a more competitive space with 5*'s. I would like to see them at 75% stronger within the first 20 championed covers. The remaining are just a slow gradual buff to the character with better champion rewards. You can even reduce the champion prizes in these early stages and divert them to later levels to compensate. It should take people several years of play to finally see the strength benefits of championing a 4*. Likewise apply the same logic to 3* and 2* making each of them reasonably competitive albeit slightly weaker to the non-championed level maxed tier above them.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    babinro wrote:
    Can't speak on whether or not these things are realistic but here goes:

1) An RNG fail safe system
    1st LT token pull has a 15% 5* drop rate.
    2nd LT token pull has a 25% 5* drop rate.
    3rd LT token pull has a 35% 5* drop rate....
    I was going to say I want an endgame that doesn't end up plowing half the playerbase in the rear, but you put it more eloquently.

Anyone who cares to run simulations on this sort of idea would see that it drastically cuts down on the amount of variability among players. The top 10% would only get 26% more 5*s than the bottom 10%, instead of the 119% it is currently.