What do you realistically want in the game?

kirk justice
kirk justice Posts: 60 Match Maker
edited June 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I'd like to start a discussion and hear thoughts from my fellow forum users about where they would like to see the direction the game should go in the future. I think we can all agree that ISO is severely lacking for players transitioning and far into the 4* and 5* tiers.
I also feel that the game is extremely buggy lately. For instance, today when I was playing and couldn't find a match, the game suggested a match to me like it usually does when you remain idle. However, to my surprise, the game was suggesting a match between three tiles of different colors! This, along with a handful of animation bugs leaves the game in a buggier state than I've ever seen it in.
Keeping in mind that MPQ is apart of a business and that the developers need to make money, I pose these questions to those of you reading: What do you realistically want to see in the game? And do you think it will ever happen?

Personally I would like more ISO to be given according to roster strength and the game state to be less buggy. I'd also like many characters to be balanced to be at least playable in the meta. As far as if I think it will happen, I hope the first two do soon. I won't hold my breath for character balancing though.

Comments

• Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Yeah, the incorrect match bug seems pretty new, but my wife and I have both experienced it. That's got to be a very high priority for them right now. Animations happening in the right order would be nice, too. If a cascade is going to take out the current wave, don't show me the next wave people while the former wave is still taking damage.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Balance between 3* and 4* characters is nice, but it's ultimately meaningless. It's a 5* game now, and I want the content to reflect that.

I want the devs to stop shoving useless 4*s down our throats every 2 weeks. Make the 4* tier have as many characters as the 3* tier and then stop. Rebalance the 3* champions so that every 4* has a 3* feeder. Help everyone get into the 4* tier by having more ways of getting 4* covers. A PvE progression 4* progression cover would help balance the rewards since PvP has had the 1k prize for a while now. Increase the odds of getting a 4* from event and heroic tokens. These covers shouldn't be unicorns anymore.

Increase the ISO flow so it doesn't take a month to get a 4* from 70 to 270. That always seemed dumb since you release 2 4*s every month. There's no way to catch up. Start releasing a new 5* every month. Make sure they're balanced to there isn't one better than OML or worse than Surfer. Re-balance the tier so OML isn't the must-have always-play character that he is now.

tl;dr version - stop giving us 4* content we don't need, help everyone better get and level the 4* content you have, focus on the 5* tier for new stuff.
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Orion wrote:
    It's a 5* game now

Without quibbling with your individual points, I do want to disagree with this premise. The top players in my alliance are in the 3 to 4 star transition. Some are still in the 2 to 3 star transition. The developers should not (and do not, I think) ignore their newer customers to concentrate on the bleeding edge of top-tier players. It's not just a 5* game.
  • The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    What I want?

A story mode that's more about story than a PvP grindfest.
    A part of that being more storylines.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Spiritclaw wrote:
    Orion wrote:
    It's a 5* game now

Without quibbling with your individual points, I do want to disagree with this premise. The top players in my alliance are in the 3 to 4 star transition. Some are still in the 2 to 3 star transition. The developers should not (and do not, I think) ignore their newer customers to concentrate on the bleeding edge of top-tier players. It's not just a 5* game.

It is a 5* game now, so the devs should aim to accelerate players through the lower tiers, like they have done so with 3* in the past or other games like world of warcraft or diablo 3 have done by streamlining their leveling process, artificially delaying players at lower levels would mostly result in them being thoroughly bored of the various pve events by the time they were up to the 4* level.
  • Orion
    Crowl wrote:
    Spiritclaw wrote:
    Orion wrote:
    It's a 5* game now

It is a 5* game now, so the devs should aim to accelerate players through the lower tiers, like they have done so with 3* in the past or other games like world of warcraft or diablo 3 have done by streamlining their leveling process, artificially delaying players at lower levels would mostly result in them being thoroughly bored of the various pve events by the time they were up to the 4* level.

Exactly. Right now so many people are stuck in the 3* -> 4* transition that it's a viable option to just skip the 4* tier altogether if you're lucky enough.

Event tokens should be 50% 2*s / 40% 3*s / 10% 4*s. Heroics should be only slightly worse than that. Let people get 3*s to level 266 so they might be useable again. Maybe people will even try to flip them like some are doing with 2*s. Let people get enough 4* covers so they can actually transition. The bottleneck is the ISO and character slots, not the covers anyway.
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    I'd mostly like to have new people to fight in PvE. I'm relatively new, but I'm still rapidly getting fed up with endlessly fighting combinations of Moonstone, Bullseye, Daken, Venom, Yelena, Ragnarok, Ares and Juggernaut. Venom and Juggernaut are particularly annoying with their low cost, frequently spammed powers.
  • Orion
    fanghoul wrote:
    I'd mostly like to have new people to fight in PvE. I'm relatively new, but I'm still rapidly getting fed up with endlessly fighting combinations of Moonstone, Bullseye, Daken, Venom, Yelena, Ragnarok, Ares and Juggernaut. Venom and Juggernaut are particularly annoying with their low cost, frequently spammed powers.

I agree. And yet they have one of those PvEs right now and people are complaining that the fights are too hard. I'd rather have the variety of Simulator or DP vs MPQ than more dark avengers.
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 402 Mover and Shaker
    I'd like to see 4* PvP events rehosted, even if they don't count towards a season, with appropriately tiered prizes (a fair amount of ISO).
  • Crowl
    Orion wrote:
    Event tokens should be 50% 2*s / 40% 3*s / 10% 4*s. Heroics should be only slightly worse than that. Let people get 3*s to level 266 so they might be useable again. Maybe people will even try to flip them like some are doing with 2*s. Let people get enough 4* covers so they can actually transition. The bottleneck is the ISO and character slots, not the covers anyway.

I'd actually go further with event tokens, make them basically a step between heroic and legendary that only contained 3* and 4* with one exception for the 2* essential, they should have a high chance of the essentials such as 10% for the 2* and 3* and dropping to 5% for the 4*, you still have 75% to split between the remaining 3* and 4* covers.
  • Crowl
    Orion wrote:
    I agree. And yet they have one of those PvEs right now and people are complaining that the fights are too hard. I'd rather have the variety of Simulator or DP vs MPQ than more dark avengers.

One issue with the sim is the way the hardest nodes are often using the best and/or boosted characters so you are being hammered by scaling and then have some of those characters locked out from the nodes, if this is supposed to be a sim then why not let people play mirrors for a change rather than locking them out.
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    Orion wrote:
    fanghoul wrote:

Ha! Some of the fights are hard, and I love it! (Having just lost one horribly, because I am bad at MPQ.)

I guess there's a trade off there. Making things hard enough that they're interesting to people who like the challenge, and rewarding people for overcoming it means that there's also going to be people complaining they can't get the reward.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Resources (ISO/covers/HP/CP) to scale up as characters are released. It makes total sense....and should have been implemented two years ago.
  • Omega Red
    Omega Red Posts: 366 Mover and Shaker
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Resources (ISO/covers/HP/CP) to scale up as characters are released. It makes total sense....and should have been implemented two years ago.

Those resources exist since day one, they're called "Stark salary" and "Mother Lode". icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Coppertouret
    Coppertouret Posts: 169 Tile Toppler
    IceIX is what I want brought back. The correlation of his departure to the rapid staleness since seems to be exponentially prevalent.
  • Starsaber
    Starsaber Posts: 206
    I'm guessing moving from grind PVP to true PVE for regular events is probably out of the realm of possibility, so I'd settle for always having a Growth Industries or Gauntlet event running alongside the grind PVP. Maybe run one for a new character the month after he/she has their grind PVP and versus PVP events.
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    Realistically, I just want the game to work correctly.
  • FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    IceIX is what I want brought back. The correlation of his departure to the rapid staleness since seems to be exponentially prevalent.

The game was stale long before Ice left. The forums are now a much bleaker place with Red Names only regurgitating press releases instead of interacting with the community...but hey it's not like they're paying a community manager or anything icon_lol.gif

EDIT: Oh what I'd like to see....IDK maybe an actual way to transition to 5* instead of the dumb lottery system that exists currently...but then they'd have to come up with a new way to milk the mega-whales of their sweet, sweet whale milk...so not likely.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    i'm getting to the point where i still need a tonne of 4* covers, but i also have a lot of 4* abilities at 5 covers. i've turfed about 5, 4* covers in the last 2 days. so, still needing covers, but having to throw some away is a huge letdown.

now, i've proposed it before (as have many others) that if you simply got a character token that you could apply to any of the three cover colours that'd solve a lot of the issue. and give us more of a sense of self determination in progressing our rosters, rather than simple rng luck.

alternately, if there was a way to trade covers with your alliance mates i'd much rather do that than turf them. despite the iso shortage, helping my crew out is more beneficial to me than 1000 iso.

i don't think either of these would be overly difficult, nor would they impact the bottom line and money earning potential of the game. and on the contrary, might generate some goodwill that'll help boost the amount of paying customers.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd like a reasonable way to make characters playable without either having to spend thousands of dollars or constantly grinding away at it for hours on end.

That's it.