Pre-Release (v1.5) Notes (06/23/16)

Options
124»

Comments

• Plastic
    Plastic Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yeah, I think Koth is going to outdo Chandra. As it is, Chandra got real popular with Koth. Four out of five battles I fought in the past hour were red decks...and a lot were running the same kinds of cards like Volcanic Rumbler, Forerunner of Slaughter, Abbot of Keral Keep...

Weird to have Forerunner with those cards as it won't help...
  • span_argoman
    span_argoman Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I confirm that I just opened a BFZ Big Box and the final Gatewatch booster did not contain a rare card. I got 5 uncommons instead. I got a Gatewatch rare from the earlier packs but I don't think that's what it's supposed to mean.

Might want to keep watch in case that happens to anyone else.
  • Morphis
    Morphis Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I confirm that I just opened a BFZ Big Box and the final Gatewatch booster did not contain a rare card. I got 5 uncommons instead. I got a Gatewatch rare from the earlier packs but I don't think that's what it's supposed to mean.

One thing that "could" explain it is the bonus pack not being in a fixed positio .
    So not always the last one for example.

In one of the big boxes I opened the very first pack I got contained 5 cards from oath.
    I another the last contained 5 cards from oath.
    Of course a general pack(not necessarily the bonus one)consisting of only oath cards could Be generated, but chances it happens should be really low.
  • span_argoman
    span_argoman Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Morphis wrote:

One thing that "could" explain it is the bonus pack not being in a fixed positio .
    So not always the last one for example.

In one of the big boxes I opened the very first pack I got contained 5 cards from oath.
    I another the last contained 5 cards from oath.
    Of course a general pack(not necessarily the bonus one)consisting of only oath cards could Be generated, but chances it happens should be really low.
    Oh, then that could be what happened in my case.
  • fox1342
    fox1342 Posts: 174 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Morphis wrote:
    soultwist wrote:
    Yeah, I used it a lot and I think was a really great card. But where still lots of times that I'd get no match even with 8 managreen.png on the board! Not as often as it helped me but often times it just set the board perfect for opponent. I haven't really tried it now.
    Trust, now it feels like 90% of the time will be the case.
    Hope to get by some miracle mirropool for my last slot in nissa.
    Tweaking the deck around but cannot find a good balance.

Yeah the animist nerf really hurts. I do generally find I get a green match so I'm net 1 mana up, but it's not good. Probably slowed the tempo by 2-3 turns, maybe more if I count the lack of landfall bonuses. Time to rebuild.

OTH Renewal is awesome for 13mana.
  • Morphis
    Options
    fox1342 wrote:
    Morphis wrote:
    soultwist wrote:
    Yeah, I used it a lot and I think was a really great card. But where still lots of times that I'd get no match even with 8 managreen.png on the board! Not as often as it helped me but often times it just set the board perfect for opponent. I haven't really tried it now.
    Trust, now it feels like 90% of the time will be the case.
    Hope to get by some miracle mirropool for my last slot in nissa.
    Tweaking the deck around but cannot find a good balance.

Yeah the animist nerf really hurts. I do generally find I get a green match so I'm net 1 mana up, but it's not good. Probably slowed the tempo by 2-3 turns, maybe more if I count the lack of landfall bonuses. Time to rebuild.

OTH Renewal is awesome for 13mana.
    That's nissa revelation(I mess up the 2 names often too).
    I forgot about that mana reduction.
    Maybe I will try a faster version of nissa with it sometimes...
  • EDUSAN
    EDUSAN Posts: 197 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Good for priest of the blood rite to have a lower mana (although i personally think that is one of the ONLY black cards that didnt need it) and some other black cards

But most of the black cards still need mana rework for me. everything is too overcosted or its effect is underwhelming for the cost

lower the cost or up the power
  • Morphis
    Options
    EDUSAN wrote:
    Good for priest of the blood rite to have a lower mana (although i personally think that is one of the ONLY black cards that didnt need it) and some other black cards

But most of the black cards still need mana rework for me. everything is too overcosted or its effect is underwhelming for the cost

lower the cost or up the power
    Yes basically you cannot make a fast Liliana deck.

She has good removals and that it.
    Priest as you stated did not need such a buff. Probably it just makes sarkhan much more a threat than fix Liliana slowness.
    Beside priest the fastest efficient creature now for black is... Ruinous path's awaken elementals.
    That's hilarious icon_lol.gif

This just pushes her more in the "reanimate or bust" corner.