Fearless Defenders Discussion Thread

Comments

• I wish there was a way to somehow transfer or contribute HP to an alliance... Myself and a lot of other posters I'm sure would be happy to pay the roster expansion fee if it meant a spot on tinykitty icon_razz.gif
  • I haven't seen my alliance leader in a while now. Last time he was posting threads of displeasure.

Think I'm going into free agent status. Any awesome alliances need someone with 8x 100+ covers and often scores 900-1000 in choice pvp events.

Im more then sure we at DjanoUnbuffed would take you, we're currently 10/11
  • Puritas
    Puritas Posts: 670 Critical Contributor
    Or you could join Fitted Kitchens and be with the cool kids icon_e_wink.gif
  • Puritas wrote:
    Or you could join Fitted Kitchens and be with the cool kids icon_e_wink.gif

I would, but I'm not nearly cool enough to be with the cool kids... no chars above lvl 85 lol
  • Half of the top 10 are Alliances > 5 members, the other half are 5 member alliances.
  • gamar wrote:
    I wish there was a way to somehow transfer or contribute HP to an alliance... Myself and a lot of other posters I'm sure would be happy to pay the roster expansion fee if it meant a spot on tinykitty icon_razz.gif

You can have them make you a commander and then you can pay for the roster expansion, or kick everyone out.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,309 Site Admin
    MTGOFerret wrote:
    I haven't seen my alliance leader in a while now. Last time he was posting threads of displeasure.

Think I'm going into free agent status. Any awesome alliances need someone with 8x 100+ covers and often scores 900-1000 in choice pvp events.

So tempted to join a user Alliance for the fun of it. Worried that it'd be shown as a sign of favoritism by other players despite the fact that I have nothing special. icon_e_sad.gif
  • IceIX wrote:
    MTGOFerret wrote:
    I haven't seen my alliance leader in a while now. Last time he was posting threads of displeasure.

So tempted to join a user Alliance for the fun of it. Worried that it'd be shown as a sign of favoritism by other players despite the fact that I have nothing special. icon_e_sad.gif

As much as that sucks a lot of people probably would say that. If it means anything is support your decision to join wherever. You don't get any special advantages and you are probably less active than slot if us forum goers. No harm no foul.
  • IceIX wrote:
    MTGOFerret wrote:

I'm pretty sure just about any alliance you asked to join would instantly approve you, but you might be right in that some people would be fussy.
    However with that said i used to play a facebook game Castle Age in which had actual PVP battles and forum mods paid with in-game currency were allowed to be part of any guild they wanted.
    It only caused a fuss with a very small portion of players because they thought that these powerhouse guilds had access to "inside code" (they thought we could type in power overwhelimg or something and just crush people without effort)
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Alas the time has come to join an alliance. Kinda wish they hadn't moved the third cover over to alliance only. Seeing how this is basically just a test run i don't see the need for such a big uproar. I'm sure we'll see several different iterations before they decide on a final template.

If anyone needs another member i'm usually a top 5 finisher in most PvP and a top finisher in all PvE events.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179

Consider this your unofficial invite to DjangoUnbuffed.

(The PM is your official invite icon_e_wink.gif )
  • IceIX wrote:
    MTGOFerret wrote:

Every single tournament won by your alliance would precipitate a flood of "NO FAIR THEY'RE CHEATING!@!" threads. Why not just duplicate your account and go anonymously? It could be your LMD. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Trying to figure out which decoy was really you would be a game in itself for the rest of us. ....or are you already out there? Lurking unseen.....
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd recommend Wrecking Crew, but you'd have to speak to the big guy (Beezer)
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    MarvelMan wrote:
    None of the other rewards have changed have they? I don't know how people are seeing this as a negative. Even if your alliance doesn't do great they get a bonus reward more than before. If you do great you get a 3* cover. Not that huge of an advantage from winning. This is a positive thing.

They removed the blue cover from the individual rankings. As someone who is not part of an alliance, and very likely never will be, this is an uninstall button.

You are so not going to quit over this.
  • Jachdo wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    MTGOFerret wrote:

Every single tournament won by your alliance would precipitate a flood of "NO FAIR THEY'RE CHEATING!@!" threads. Why not just duplicate your account and go anonymously? It could be your LMD. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Trying to figure out which decoy was really you would be a game in itself for the rest of us. ....or are you already out there? Lurking unseen.....

lol that's a great idea. but with as awesome as IceIX has been to us i'd really hate to see him not be able to play in every feature of this amazing game as himself as he helped make it happen in the first place:-/
  • @ICEIX
    I have an idea. Have a small raffle type thing on the forums to see who's alliance you join so no one can call it favoritism.
    IE: something simple. You tell Demi will a #. Each alliance leader gets 1 guess. 1st alliance leader to guess it or come the closest after 48 hours gets you as a member.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wowsers ... the number of Alliance threads went from 40-something to 130-something in one day.
  • Well, if he wants to join a smallish one The Main Cell has one slot open.

Lets see if I kill this thread as well icon_lol.gif
  • IceIX wrote:
    The only real shift was that one Cover for the 1-5 prize went over to Alliance rewards as a test. Other than that, rewards are the same tier for tier compared to Predator and Prey, with 500 extra Iso-8 for 1-5 in the newest Tournament. I get that you might not like that we shifted a cover over, but I'm honestly not sure where the thought of "gutting" comes from. The Alliance rewards are (except for the one cover shift) a bonus on top of current rewards.

HUH? An individual player gaining same top5 place in another tournament gets one more *** cover and +50 HP.

Look, it's D3's individual right to give out or take away whatever prizes. If you're running next tournament with top prize only a standard token, that is okay with me (though I will sit out).

But basic decency calls for calling things on their proper name. If you reduce the individual prize pool that IS reduction. If you throw goodies on a different thread that does not count.

If you really don't get why some call it simply "gutting" then take a moment to think. It is way closer to the truth than your presentation about just transfered.

Previously you stated all the alliance related stuff will only be extra handout, that was either a misstatement or an outright lie. No wonder people are less than happy.
  • LordWill
    LordWill Posts: 341
    I would go a little easy on the dev's. This is the very first event and if history has shown anything its that they DO listen and read this stuff.

Pioneering a game like this and adding any type of feature is going to upset somebody. You know the old saying, You can't please everyone...

Personally I'm glad they added it to the game, and its just another level of competition for us. I like it. I'm sure they will iron out the bumps as we go further.