Known Issue: Board Not Reshuffling

David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
We are aware of reports of the gameboard not always reshuffling when no matches are available.

The developers are currently working on a fix. Due to the nature of the bug, the fix may need to be included in our next full patch (R104).
If a correction can be hotfixed in sooner (via a Daily Patch) we will, of course, do that.

Thank you for your patience while we work on making the correction.

Comments

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    That this bug made it through "testing" is remarkable. That it took 3 days to even acknowledge... Speechless
  • EstherC
    EstherC Posts: 90 Match Maker
    Came in here to report that I am experiencing this. I have a screenshot.
  • OrionKannan
    OrionKannan Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    I noticed the same thing. Specifically it was when I used Draken's Chemical Reaction and one of the tiles that he changed to green removed the only matching option. The game kept giving me a hint to swap 3 tiles that I could not swap.
  • Alaszun
    Alaszun Posts: 68
    Not sure if this is helpful but..

539503744396853973%253Faccount_id%253D2.png

There are obviously other legal matches, but the one it suggested was the blue protect tile in the top row, the red to the lower right of that, and the green to the lower right of that.
  • Protipz
    Protipz Posts: 1
    Just want to add a minor detail to the big to make sure it is covered. On top of not shuffling the board, the game will also highlight am illegal match as a hint.
  • EDL666
    EDL666 Posts: 73
    It seems it doesn't check legal moves after you fire certain powers that alter the board state. I just had a match where it suggested me to swap a bubble tile(which I obviously can't)
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Honestly, given that you have no choice but to back out of matches when this happens and lose the associated points/health, this should come with some compensation.
  • elusive
    elusive Posts: 261 Mover and Shaker
    I just had it happen at the beginning of the Unstable Iso event when I had Hulk use Thunderous Clap. Pathetic that this hasn't been addressed yet.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    jackstar0 wrote:
    Honestly, given that you have no choice but to back out of matches when this happens and lose the associated points/health, this should come with some compensation.
    In cases like this, where a bug affects all players, they usually don't offer compensation. That said, it never hurts to open a support ticket and ask.
  • HxiiiK
    HxiiiK Posts: 195 Tile Toppler
    A total of 3 days to acknowledge and 4 whole days later it's still not resolved?

How is it that the game is more broken (even such a basic thing!) than before after they get more paying customers? (VIP)

I first encountered this bug during my final PvE grind. This can easily cost me a good placement. And worst of all, cost me that by LUCK.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Happened to me right now... thanks god i had 5* wolverine black skill that end the round, board reshuffled right after.
  • Dayv
    From R104 patch notes:
    • Gameboard no longer sometimes fails to reshuffle when no matches are available.
    • Incorrect tiles no longer highlighted during the move tile hint sequence.
    Looks like this issue will be fixed in the next patch. I'd guess we'll most likely see that on Tuesday, since Monday is a holiday.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,214 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've been noticing the game recommending invalid matches for the past few days, but I've gotten lucky and it wasn't till today that this bug caught me between a rock and a hard place.

Pretty sure the only "fair" compensation is to give every affected player a Yellow Peggy.
  • beeatch
    beeatch Posts: 13
    SA7tE1j.png

The tiles slightly highlighted here (the REd, Black, Red tiles near the bottom left) are being selected as a suggested move, but this is an impossible move.

Keith.
  • I had this issue. The board was impossible to make any matches. I had to quit and all my characters lost health. Please fix this soon! Here's the screenshot:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ruapfzzbkkr35hr/20160701002809_1.jpg
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    I know it's a "rare" occurrence, but as this is a terribly game-breaking bug shouldn't the game be taken down until it's fixed?
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    What end would that serve?
  • Dayv
    I know it's a "rare" occurrence, but as this is a terribly game-breaking bug shouldn't the game be taken down until it's fixed?
    No. If it happens that frequently you're free to stop playing until it's fixed. Personally, I'm just powering through.
  • Hello, I have played Quicksilver's pvp, when I used Quicksilver'S Green Power"Fists of Fury", the Team-Up have been locked that I can't match (as below photo), it haven't refresh that I only can retreat...
    8c0b2416ab.jpg

I lost this match, please help to solve this bug.
  • loki4848
    loki4848 Posts: 1
    Also lost a pvp match because i had to back out.