VIP post purchase(POLL)

Redrobot30
Redrobot30 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
edited June 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
So if you bought the VIP subscription do you regret it already or are you happy with your purchase? I haven't bought into it and probably won't. Some of my Alliance mates have bought it and are already kicking themselves.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Nabistay
    Nabistay Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    My feelings on the purchase were entirely dependant on the LT. Stupid, I know, but I was happy with it. I would have paid $5 for a Punisher Max cover. Now I just have to see if the other $5 legendary token was worth it
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nabistay wrote:
    My feelings on the purchase were entirely dependant on the LT. Stupid, I know, but I was happy with it. I would have paid $5 for a Punisher Max cover. Now I just have to see if the other $5 legendary token was worth it

Same, but opposite. Got a purple Kingpin that I don't need and thought "why did I just do this again?"

Yay RNG!
  • Fratriarch
    Fratriarch Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    The game is much less stringy and stressed with the extra trickle of hp. The LT got me a fairly okay cover, and the heroic got me a 3*champ level.

Best purchase in f2p gaming I've ever had.
    (Not the best one in gaming overall though)
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    The rewards are beyond useless. But I've played this game for two years, so I felt like the devs deserved $10 that I'd earned from google surveys.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    You're buying a package of stuff distributed over 28 days. That $10 package is more than $10 would typically get you. So if you like the value that $10 is providing, it shouldn't matter that it's coming in spaced out. Not sure why there'd be a wait and see approach to whether you like it.

For me, I was buying a stark, but wasn't sure what I'd do with 26k HP (was waiting for next sale). I decided 5 months of VIP and 11050HP is better value for what I want to do with my roster. After that, I probably won't renew unless there's other improvements made to the program.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    I need an option that's like "I am satisfied with my purchase but not particularly enthralled or disappointed."
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,759 Chairperson of the Boards
    Live in the UK, so would have to pay 6.99£ (almost 12$) for that privilege, so thanks, but no thanks.
  • Zix
    Zix Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    Mixed feelings.
    The good-ish: I needed just a little more hp to keep shield hops going, once pvp has good progression rewards again. I drew an icon_x23.pnggreenflag.png that put her to 5/3/4. Unfortunately this makes the icon_x23.pnggreenflag.png cover I'm about to get from Daken a dupe.

The bad: I'm a bit concerned that the money I'm spending will be taken as an indication that I'm ok with the state of things. I am not. The ISO shortage is just absurd, and the baby half-steps that have been taken to provide more ISO aren't good enough. Also, it's been a long time since I saw a new character release as a good thing.

At the moment I feel like I won't renew, but who knows what irresponsible decisions I will make in four weeks.

Edit: Also, though I'd add a funny side-effect of signing up for MVP. I feel an odd sense of entitlement. Whenever some crazy AI cascade happens, or I get a board with no way to match away 100 sniper shots / flamethrower / silent strike countdowns I just fume "How can they do this to me, A VIP?" icon_rolleyes.gif
  • spghttihead
    spghttihead Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Unsure on whether I'll renew as I don't REALLY need much of the rewards. What might keep me from renewing is that ugly VIP logo next to the characters while they're healing. Looks terrible, so much so that every time I see it I think,'I'd pay to NOT have those ugly logos!'
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I didn't vote as I haven't bought it, might yet still, we'll see.

This strikes me as targeted more at newer players/causal players, which does not make up the majority of the forums. The low price point and the prices make me think this is an attempt to get people to who normally pay nothing to regularly pay $10 because who can't afford to blow $10 a month. I already know several new player friends who this was the first or second in app purchase ever.

I'm fairly new, today will turn over my 104th day. For me the rewards seem worth it. I don't have the issues with LT that other's do. There is only a single LT cover that I could possible get that I couldn't use (Ant-Man yellow) so more than likely both LTs will be useful. Plus the amount of CP and HP alone make it very appealing. I'd rather the Heroic tokens be something better but other than I think they are decent if not good. Honestly the biggest change I would prefer they made is if the swapped out the 2 LTs for 50 CP so you can choice to spend that as you will (Latest, classic, specific cover).
  • Redrobot30
    Not sure why there'd be a wait and see approach to whether you like it.

I think like someone posted earlier that the satisfaction level of some people would depend on what characters are pulled from the 2 LT tokens that are given out through the lifetime of the VIP package. Thus the "wait and see".
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    My first LT gave me a badly needed Carnage green to bring him to 3/3/4 which so far means yay. If 2nd token is a baglady then vote changes to why. The extra HP and iso are nice but not overwhelming in generosity by any means, but the 25% extra fast healing is beyond worthless so it all comes down to the LTs. If it gave 25% faster health pack regeneration and expanded the max to 20 then I think that would be worth it all by itself.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    how about a rainbow LT i think many more would buy VIP...also VIP only events
  • Redrobot30
    Redrobot30 wrote:
    So if you bought the VIP subscription do you regret it already or are you happy with your purchase? I haven't bought into it and probably won't. Some of my Alliance mates have bought it and are already kicking themselves.

Let me guess ... those who are unhappy are unhappy cause they didn't like what they pulled?

That's ridiculous.

The rewards were listed here and in game. No one bought into this thing blind.

Are your friends also buying lotto tickets and cursing the lottery commission when they don't win?

The value of those tokens is the same before and after you open them. You bought rolls of the dice, you got rolls of the dice.

I agree, it is ridiculous. But we've all been on this or other forums to know there are plenty of ridiculous posts out there.

Let's call it buyer's remorse.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards

Let me guess ... those who are unhappy are unhappy cause they didn't like what they pulled?

That's ridiculous.

The rewards were listed here and in game. No one bought into this thing blind.

Are your friends also buying lotto tickets and cursing the lottery commission when they don't win?

The value of those tokens is the same before and after you open them. You bought rolls of the dice, you got rolls of the dice.

I think a big part of the problem here is that there is no way to obtain all the 5*s except by lottery. The only way to progress into the current meta is by rolls of the dice. Now, if you want to argue that this is more an indictment of the games progression than of the VIP pack itself, fair enough. To me, that is just an argument over semantics. They've still artificially created a problem in the hopes people will be desperate enough to pay their way out of it.
  • TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2016
    Pulled a Moonstone today. Suck it, non-VIPs!

On a serious note, I only bought in for the sign-up LT. I don't even remember what I pulled, but it wasn't anything great. My HB is one cover from being my second max 4* (aside from Ant-Man and IW, but meh), so I was ok with having two extra pulls for $10. I feel like continuing to enroll is, as someone mentioned above, endorsing the state of the game. If this had better iso awards, they'd have my $10 every month, no hesitation.

It's weird since I already knew the rewards, but when I scrolled through them on the app, I wasn't overly disappointed until every time I saw the iso amounts.

As Jarvind said, I'm not enthralled, not disappointed, but knew what I was getting into. I vote "meh".
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    that's exactly why I tried it. extra rolls of the dice and some extra hp/iso. hard to make enough hp for slots and shields so I'm hoping this gets me to hp neutral at least. I'd really like to avoid another hp purchase. and the iso always helps and compared to the store (not a great value comparison), the iso included is a good value. the only way to get rng to work for you is to either get lucky, or get enough rolls of the dice.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll wrote:
    I'm fairly new, today will turn over my 104th day. For me the rewards seem worth it. I don't have the issues with LT that other's do. There is only a single LT cover that I could possible get that I couldn't use (Ant-Man yellow) so more than likely both LTs will be useful.

It's this kind of hopeful outlook that marks you as new not days played icon_e_wink.gif

I'm a day 500+ player that has terrible luck with these things, I couldn't win a village fair raffle if I had all the tickets so the ISO and HP won't help me either.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm disappointed in the VIP, but I'm not surprise-disappointed icon_e_biggrin.gif I knew that I'd be disappointed going into purchasing it. icon_lol.gif But I applaud the devs for at least doing something new, even if it's just a useless cash grab. Hopefully the next new thing will actually be good for us!
  • TheDrStrange
    TheDrStrange Posts: 89 Match Maker
    It was good for me. I pulled a Green Goblin (my first!), and I'll be able to use all of the stuff contained over the next month.