2»

Comments

• Morphis
    Morphis Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Finally a card I really wanted...
    Shrine of the forsaken God
    From a 3 card free booster!
    Basically almost as valuable as all the card I got in those packs!

Devs you see there is a problem here....

Lower free 3 pack drop rates! icon_lol.gif
  • Morphis
    Morphis Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Options
    EDHdad wrote:
    In paper magic, a pack is 15 cards and a mythic is inserted about one per 8 packs. So, on average, about 1 card in 120 is Mythic. If you were to open a pile of 335 paper cards, you'd also receive about 2-3 Mythics.

I don't think the problem is the drop rate so much as the price, and the fact that you can't actually do anything useful with the duplicates. If 5-card packs were 99 cents, 20-card Fat Packs were $2.99 and 70-card Big Boxes were $9.99, and if you could convert your duplicates into a specific card you need, then it wouldn't feel so bad to open so much product and get jank.
    To be honest I have always been against ways to convert duplicates into specific cards.
    That because I thought to be "too" easy to compete the collection and for me the games loses appeal if you get a full collection.
    Some people will disagree but most of those people probably would also stop playing in that case.
    Not mentioning they will stop buying.

Anyways I changed my mind about it for 2 reasons.

- Basically the chances to get mythics and rares are so low that getting a mythic that you want(cause there are many awful) is too hard.
    - it looks like they are releasing new content fast enough to overcome any chance to get a complete collection.

So if the conversion prices are not too generous(and we know it won't) such a solution would be fine.