Patch Notes - R103 (06/20/16)

Options
1235»

Comments

• BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DFiPL wrote:
    Every time something similar has happened to me, it has treated powers/team-ups as an available move. Looks like you have a team-up ready to pop right there, so the game may be going 'you need to use this before the board can be determined unplayable.

The other guy a bit further down the thread, I have no response for.
    When my game locked up last night, I had an ability to fire (X-23 purple), and I hoped that it would trigger a shuffle. No dice.

Initially I thought it had to be related to board shake, but now we've got a case where making a match caused a cascade that resulted in no matches. That needs to be rock solid.

There should be no set of circumstances that allows the board to quiesce without a validity check, and there should be no way for a board to pass a validity check without a valid move. I understood when surfer's black hole created a corner case, but this is every day board moving we're talking about.
  • Piro_plock
    Piro_plock Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    DFiPL wrote:
    Every time something similar has happened to me, it has treated powers/team-ups as an available move. Looks like you have a team-up ready to pop right there, so the game may be going 'you need to use this before the board can be determined unplayable.
    Well, what will you say about this situation then?
    Screenshot_2016_06_22_01_18_33.png
    No moves available: no matches, no powers, no teamups.

Devs, please fix this ASAP. This is a critical game-breaking bug.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Piro_plock wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:
    Well, what will you say about this situation then?
    Screenshot_2016_06_22_01_18_33.png
    No moves available: no matches, no powers, no teamups.

Devs, please fix this ASAP. This is a critical game-breaking bug.

Well, as I said in the post you responded to, "I have no answer for" the guy who had a similar board but had no powers ready to fire. Wasn't saying the bug didn't exist. Was saying that the specific guy who had a team-up ready to go, his board looked similar to how it's looked when I've had that happen to me - that with a power up waiting to fire, the board wouldn't shuffle.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DFiPL wrote:
    Well, as I said in the post you responded to, "I have no answer for" the guy who had a similar board but had no powers ready to fire. Wasn't saying the bug didn't exist. Was saying that the specific guy who had a team-up ready to go, his board looked similar to how it's looked when I've had that happen to me - that with a power up waiting to fire, the board wouldn't shuffle.
    I've never seen the case you describe. Board shuffles on the player's turn would happen as soon as the board went into a state where no turns were available. There was a weird case where the enemy team would sometimes get to fire a power before the board shuffle occurred, I think that got introduced several months ago, but otherwise I've never seen or heard of it waiting for you to fire a skill before shuffling the board. This would be bad behavior if it did work that way, because you sghould get to use skills when you choose to, not be forced to use one to unlock a bad board.

More likely, prior to R103, you just didn't see an available match and used a power that shook things up.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Please move all further discussion of the bug where a board may lock up with no available matches to the thread in the bugs forum: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=46131
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Options
    DayvBang wrote:
    I've never seen the case you describe. Board shuffles on the player's turn would happen as soon as the board went into a state where no turns were available. There was a weird case where the enemy team would sometimes get to fire a power before the board shuffle occurred, I think that got introduced several months ago...

That's an ancient bug. I posted about it because the enemy used an inferno and then the board shuffled to move all of those attack tiles away from the middle of the board. It existed long before August 2015, I only posted about it because of the effect.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=32369