Patch Notes - R103 (06/20/16)

Options

Comments

• The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    If they're working on a lot, which has resulted in bugs that need chasing, I'm happy taking from that "they're working on a lot".

Nothing game breaking, the Vision bug has been an enjoyable stealth buff so far, so hopefully they're making good time on the bulk of work that's rattled loose some bolts then they can get around to cleaning icon_e_smile.gif
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Just to chime in: Yes, please do fix those badly ordered "turn to smoke" etc. death/hit animations. This is really confusing when a character dies even before my Luke-Cage uppercut animation plays, and the health only gets reduced when the enemy's downed animation has played already.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2016
    Options
    What exactly does your QA team do? Are they hiring? I'd love a job where constant failure is acceptable
    The following was posted to line by an alliance mate, you're looking at a locked board, suggesting an invalid move and the board won't shuffle. Only option was force close retreat

wMe7rjS.jpg?1
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The Herald wrote:
    Nothing game breaking, the Vision bug has been an enjoyable stealth buff so far...

I've got some bad news for you...
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    What exactly does your QA team do? Are they hiring? I'd love a job where constant failure is acceptable
    The following was posted to line by an alliance mate, you're looking at a locked board, suggesting an invalid move and the board won't shuffle. Only option was force close retreat
    Had the same thing happen last night, caused by 3* Punisher greenflag.png. Do you happen to know what power your alliance-mate used before the board locked?
  • The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    udonomefoo wrote:
    The Herald wrote:
    Nothing game breaking, the Vision bug has been an enjoyable stealth buff so far...

I've got some bad news for you...

Yup.

HAD to say it, didn't I? icon_neutral.gif
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,499 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There is another post in Bugs about a board with no matches and force retreat. What a mess this game is right now. "Hey! Let's get ready for another new character in 9 days!"
    Maybe delay VIP until the game is a little less buggy....just sayin'.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    great, so now I have to bank 6 TU ap and keep a slot filled with jugs just in case. will be pissed if this happens during a hop.
  • bobbyfish
    bobbyfish Posts: 299
    Options
    Gutted about vision, he's been a rock for the last few weeks, probably won't use him again now
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Maybe they have QA teams, but don't actually use them? Sort of like my vacuum?
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    IMG_4175.PNG?dl=1

Yeah, locked board happened for me too, after a simple match cascade.
  • Demolira
    Demolira Posts: 78 Match Maker
    Options

Speaking as someone that does game QA for a living, it's not really possible to tell without inside information if they do not use QA, if the QA has poor test casing, or if QA did a great job only to find all the bugs labeled as "Known Shippable" by production.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Demolira wrote:

Speaking as someone that does game QA for a living, it's not really possible to tell without inside information if they do not use QA, if the QA has poor test casing, or if QA did a great job only to find all the bugs labeled as "Known Shippable" by production.

They have stated here that they have several QA teams. So, "known shippable" means it's a problem, but we're going to send them out into the wild anyway?
  • Bryan Lambert
    Bryan Lambert Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The suggested match not being an actual match can happen even without a locked board. I've seen it a few times now and wondered what would happen if there weren't any moves. Oops.
  • Demolira
    Demolira Posts: 78 Match Maker
    Options
    They have stated here that they have several QA teams. So, "known shippable" means it's a problem, but we're going to send them out into the wild anyway?

It's a problem, it's known about, but not important enough to fix before shipping a patch. Maybe it's not a big deal for them, or maybe it's just slated for a later patch.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Its pretty clear what has caused the problem...changing vision.

The game simply wants him back to how he was. Be a sport and sort it out
  • illusionist_KA
    illusionist_KA Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    Options
    i have so much to say, but i will refrain from saying negative comments that is boiling inside.

I wish the DEV team would just slow down and breath. From new covers, new modes, new moneymaking schemes... the game itself is being lost in the process. They have lost all grasp of fluidity this game once had. By bringing in all these new concepts and trying to meet our demands, the game has had more bugs now, than years prior. Everything from character bugs, to certain areas of the game not functioning. They need to stop multitasking and stick to single tasking. work on one thing that is important, fix it, update it and roll it out. I would rather have numerous updates through the week that fixes something, than 1 a month that breaks down more often than naught.

Please listen to what we are saying, stop putting the pressure on yourself, slow down the game (less new money features, characters) fix the bugs, Chulk, Vision (put him back before this dumb fix a day ago) Reed and so forth. I get we are only a few thousand in the forum, and you have 100k plus loyal players. but we didn't stick with something this long to be continued to be punished. its like my wife all over again. i might just file for divorce from this game.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    fmftint wrote:

wMe7rjS.jpg?1

Every time something similar has happened to me, it has treated powers/team-ups as an available move. Looks like you have a team-up ready to pop right there, so the game may be going 'you need to use this before the board can be determined unplayable.

The other guy a bit further down the thread, I have no response for.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Options
    alvinlal wrote:
    i have so much to say, but i will refrain from saying negative comments that is boiling inside.

I wish the DEV team would just slow down and breath. From new covers, new modes, new moneymaking schemes... the game itself is being lost in the process. They have lost all grasp of fluidity this game once had. By bringing in all these new concepts and trying to meet our demands, the game has had more bugs now, than years prior. Everything from character bugs, to certain areas of the game not functioning. They need to stop multitasking and stick to single tasking. work on one thing that is important, fix it, update it and roll it out. I would rather have numerous updates through the week that fixes something, than 1 a month that breaks down more often than naught.

Please listen to what we are saying, stop putting the pressure on yourself, slow down the game (less new money features, characters) fix the bugs, Chulk, Vision (put him back before this dumb fix a day ago) Reed and so forth. I get we are only a few thousand in the forum, and you have 100k plus loyal players. but we didn't stick with something this long to be continued to be punished. its like my wife all over again. i might just file for divorce from this game.

That's not how game development works, period. Like, at all. The people who work on new characters aren't the same people who work on bug fixes usually aren't the same people who work on new features. Unless the whole game is being developed by one person. I do agree that they need to do a better job of fixing the bugs, but delaying the release of new characters isn't really going to give them more manpower to do that.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

"Hey; if it works well enough for WB Games, it'll work well enough for us, right?"