Tied with 1st, rank #26, how fair is this?

2»

Comments

• Electrovirus
    Electrovirus Posts: 64 Match Maker
    Too many of you guys are way too competitive and take this too seriously. Not everyone can be top 10. Slow down and enjoy the game, go outside, spend time with friends and family, actually do your jobs...So you miss a cover or 50 hp or 500 iso? Who cares if you don't make top 100 for the first time in a year? It is a match 3 f2p game for crying out loud.

Whew, the smartest person on the forum graced us with this nugget of wisdom!

Btw, I did a full clear and landed in exactly 26 as well.

Your girlfriend/wife must be proud of you! icon_lol.gif
  • HxiiiK
    HxiiiK Posts: 195 Tile Toppler
    Orion wrote:
    Druss wrote:
    Full clear & i was 64th - only top 100 - how is this not having to play to a schedule?

Because you can play when you want and still get max points and max progression. Oh, you want a high placement too? Then play to a schedule. You can't have everything. This test is a lot better than the other tests so far.

It is in many regards, but it's a real head-scratcher, too. Why create a system that lets people play at their own schedule only to punish them for it?

Eez puzzlement.

See, I think you just found the puzzle in Puzzle Quest.

Because the game itself certainly isn't too much of a puzzle icon_lol.gif
  • MaskedMan
    MaskedMan Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    They are trying something new. How do they improve it? I would suggest taking the cap off the last 2 battles. That way everyone can reach the limit if they want and those who want to brutalize themselves fighting level 500 Wolverines to prove they are the undiputed number one, can help themselves. LOL

Actually it would be interesting to see the highest level someone defeated, but only for the top couple tiers. Personally I don't want to know if you played the trivial for 24 hours straight...
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Arphaxad wrote:
    D3 had to know this was going to happen. If not, I'm scared. What were they thinking running a PvE series like this one? I understand they are trying variations to see what works, but this one was easy to predict without having your paying customers go through the torture of spending a week playing it.

It wasn't really.

Given the amount of complaining on here and people who wouldn't play this new format and would give up on PvE, the amount of complete clears is staggering.

And who is being tortured? For most it is much more ISO, ability to play when they want and easier progression rewards. When I say ability to play when they want, over a weekend I normally run out of stuff to do once I hit 800 in PvP and have completed my PvE clear. Now I can play as many missions as I like and get rewarded for each.

The only people being tortured are those who are torturing themselves. You get way more ISO from this event and the same progression rewards and yet they feel they are punished because they aren't getting more stuff on top of he heap of extra stuff this format has given them.

For me unless it is a new release, most PvE rewards are covers to be sold for ISO. I'm going to end up with thousands more ISO from this event than I would have gotten from those covers. But you know, I could obsess about how I would have gotten a thousand more ISO form covers in the old format because the glass must be empty.
  • CoffigDarkGravity
    CoffigDarkGravity Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    I just came here to say the test rules......I'm digging it, tons more ISO, it's like a race to the finish. If you don't like being on a schedule, pick a different start time that works best for you.
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Too many of you guys are way too competitive and take this too seriously. Not everyone can be top 10. Slow down and enjoy the game, go outside, spend time with friends and family, actually do your jobs...So you miss a cover or 50 hp or 500 iso? Who cares if you don't make top 100 for the first time in a year? It is a match 3 f2p game for crying out loud.

It's not about placement per se, I could care less what I place in non-release pve. In release pve, I just try to get one cover.
    What it's about, is one person getting more rewards for the same score.
    Now quit being a condescending tiny kitty.