Progression Only PVE (Split from Mission Difficulty Thread)

2»

Comments

• Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    WEBGAS wrote:
    PROGRESSION REWARDS ONLY iso8.pngiso8.png

PROGRESSION REWARDS ONLY commandpoints.pngcommandpoints.png

PROGRESSION REWARDS ONLY imcoin.pngspideycoin.png

Is it too difficult to understand this?

Do you mean placement rather than progression, most people want more rewards to come from progression rather than the pseudo-pvp of placement.
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    Crowl wrote:
    WEBGAS wrote:
    PROGRESSION REWARDS ONLY iso8.pngiso8.png

PROGRESSION REWARDS ONLY commandpoints.pngcommandpoints.png

PROGRESSION REWARDS ONLY imcoin.pngspideycoin.png

Is it too difficult to understand this?

Do you mean placement rather than progression, most people want more rewards to come from progression rather than the pseudo-pvp of placement.

Just mean like I said: rewards based on progression...no placement.....like in CW or Ultron or Galactus events for example icon_e_wink.gif
  • Crowl
    edited June 2016
    If I was trying to fix pve, I would do the following:
      Drop placement rewards entirely Make event tokens and vaults only give out 3* or 4* rewards, these can also be iso/cp/hp and not just covers. Clear all (non-essential) nodes on a day and you get either an event token or a large amount of iso (reward alternates from day to day) from the last node. This could be an event token every day, adjust the drop rate for covers via the vault as needed. Essential nodes should get increased iso/cp/hp rewards to encourage people to have them all rostered. Nodes should have rewards for up to 5 clears (no critical boosts) and each clear adds to a total nodes counter with rewards at various points, all 3 essential covers and after roughly 189 nodes (3 clears per 9 nodes per 7 days, giving people room to make up for lacking an essential unlike in the gauntlet) you get the 25 CP reward. Basically simplifying the points totals you have now since there would be no need to split people up without placement rewards
  • Crowl
    WEBGAS wrote:
    Just mean like I said: rewards based on progression...no placement.....like in CW or Ultron or Galactus events for example icon_e_wink.gif

Fair enough, I was confused since you didn't include covers or tokens in your list of what should come from progression and listed the rewards that would be less objectionable if they felt they had to persist with placement and progression.