MPQ At Marvel.com: Kate Bishop Arrives

2»

Comments

• CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    With a move where Thori just yells abuse at the other team, preferably.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    STOPTHIS wrote:
    I say this as someone who very much dislikes Kate Bishop, every character is somebody's favorite character. Doesn't matter if it's Nightcrawler or Darkhawk. Someone wants that character in the game.
    (raises hand) I loved Darkhawk when he was first introduced. The first, oh, 25, 35 issues of his run were really good stuff, I thought. Kinda went to pot afterwards and nobody at Marvel has known what to do with him since. He had an interesting power set, the 'new teen hero trying to figure out how to do this' thing (which always gave his meetings with Spidey some poignancy, I thought; Spidey right away could really relate to him), and a more interesting home life than the usual 'family tragedy' schtick (police officer father who disappeared for reasons unknown to the family, mother trying to hold things together, younger brothers).

You could probably give him a blast-type power (Darkhawk amulet blast), an aerial attack power (claw cable & glider wings), and a healing power (body switch, but would leave him vulnerable / stunned for a time since in his human form he had no powers whatsoever).
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    STOPTHIS wrote:
    I say this as someone who very much dislikes Kate Bishop, every character is somebody's favorite character. Doesn't matter if it's Nightcrawler or Darkhawk. Someone wants that character in the game.
    (raises hand) I loved Darkhawk when he was first introduced. The first, oh, 25, 35 issues of his run were really good stuff, I thought. Kinda went to pot afterwards and nobody at Marvel has known what to do with him since. He had an interesting power set, the 'new teen hero trying to figure out how to do this' thing (which always gave his meetings with Spidey some poignancy, I thought; Spidey right away could really relate to him), and a more interesting home life than the usual 'family tragedy' schtick (police officer father who disappeared for reasons unknown to the family, mother trying to hold things together, younger brothers).

You could probably give him a blast-type power (Darkhawk amulet blast), an aerial attack power (claw cable & glider wings), and a healing power (body switch, but would leave him vulnerable / stunned for a time since in his human form he had no powers whatsoever).

My homie.

I put Darkhawk on every single one of those "Suggest a character" surveys. There's a ton of 90's characters that, while rough around the edges, are interesting and have gotten a bad wrap due to it being cool to **** on them. I know we'll never see Darkhawk, Night Thrasher, and Sleepwalker in the game, but damn it I can dream.
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 628 Critical Contributor
    STOPTHIS wrote:
    STOPTHIS wrote:

My homie.

I put Darkhawk on every single one of those "Suggest a character" surveys. There's a ton of 90's characters that, while rough around the edges, are interesting and have gotten a bad wrap due to it being cool to **** on them. I know we'll never see Darkhawk, Night Thrasher, and Sleepwalker in the game, but damn it I can dream.

I had every issue of Darkhawk, New Warriors, and Sleepwalker!! -- three of my absolute favorite books of that era. That speculator-market of the early 90s was a huge boon to the creation of new characters/teams, as they'd have enough sales to grow conceptually rather than being cancelled in 6-12 issues as is often the case today.

I'd LOVE for someone to take a dedicated crack at Sleepwalker today -- his appearance in those final few issues of Fantastic Four was the only thing I enjoyed about that very meandering run on the book.
  • morbo
    morbo Posts: 7
    Yup, it was time for Kate Bishop. After all, there are already 700 characters in the game.

What? There aren't? Then it wasn't time for Kate Bishop.