Beginner - questions

Options
13»

Comments

• TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    1) season score is a summation of season pvp events that includes all the individual events and shield simulator. event scores do not lock until the end, so for placement, points can go down. for season, if you've reached 4K and gotten your 10-pk, but were beaten down after that, you still keep your 10-pk. shield simulator does not end until the season ends, so the last week has much more activity than the middle of the season.

2) nobody knows, but if you enter the LR event during the first seconds, you usually can get the full run of seeds. you don't necessarily have to play the seeds right away but an app restart will lose all seeds under the active nodes (i.e. you'll get 3 seeds then). most typically enter in the first 10 seconds and leave the game open on their phone until they can play it.

3) I recommend saving them for 4* covers later. but, I have a tendency to hoard things until my roster is set up to not waste stuff. if kk or im40 were at 12 covers, maybe. but they aren't close to finished and you never know if some fist or cyke covers come in and they overtake kk and im40. if you want to spend cp on 3s, wait until you have an elite pair nearly home, then use them there and champ them. don't use cp just to add a cover here or there. FYI - down the road, 4* covers are not 'easy' to come by and you might kick yourself later if you use too many cp on 3* covers. might not be 2 years. I did it (3* transition) in about 6 months. still a while, but nothing like 2 years unless you're only doing ddq or something.
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    Options
    1. Are there any easy slices in PvE? I mostly sitting in slice 5. In the latest event I did 2 clears on the first sub, 5 clears on the rest and I was struggling to keep top 50 place.
    Do i need to make full clears to ever have a chance of top 10?

2. Can anyone tell me how matchmaking in PvP works?
    I'm slowly transitioning into 3* land (no 3* with full covers yet), my average opponent has champed 3*. Top of the leaderboard - few guys with champed 5* (they never attack me and I never have an option to attack them), few guys with super low characters (1* heroes, 4* with one cover), and again I never have an option to attack them.
    So why are we all in the same bracket? There is a bunch of people who I simply can't fight, but we're competing for the same spots.

3. Is there a way to make Wolverine Patch usefull? I recently got a bunch of covers for him, but I hate the whole "give strike tiles for your enemy" mechanic.
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 662 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Alsmir wrote:
    1. Are there any easy slices in PvE? I mostly sitting in slice 5. In the latest event I did 2 clears on the first sub, 5 clears on the rest and I was struggling to keep top 50 place.

I'm slowly transitioning into 3* land (no 3* with full covers yet), my average opponent has champed 3*. Top of the leaderboard - few guys with champed 5* (they never attack me and I never have an option to attack them), few guys with super low characters (1* heroes, 4* with one cover), and again I never have an option to attack them.
    So why are we all in the same bracket? There is a bunch of people who I simply can't fight, but we're competing for the same spots.

3. Is there a way to make Wolverine Patch usefull? I recently got a bunch of covers for him, but I hate the whole "give strike tiles for your enemy" mechanic.
    1- Some brackets are easier than others, but if you want top 10, you will need to do all 6 clears.
    2- People are grouped by how much they play and score, not by their rosters.
    3- Use Patch with Loki or Daredevil to remove the enemy tiles.
  • Alsmir
    Options
    Alsmir wrote:

1- Some brackets are easier than others, but if you want top 10, you will need to do all 6 clears.
    2- People are grouped by how much they play and score, not by their rosters.
    3- Use Patch with Loki or Daredevil to remove the enemy tiles.

3. Is Moonstone any good for that? I have a whole 1 cover for Loki and not much better for Daredevil.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,377 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If you don't have another option, Moonstone might work, but it's more risky.

You need her black at 5 covers, but even then she will only steal a max of 3 tiles. That might be a problem if you have Patch's green at more than 3 covers (it places 4 strike tiles at 4 covers, 6 at 5 covers).
    And if you're up against tile placers like Daken or Bullseye you risk stealing their weak protect/strikes instead of the more powerful ones that Wolverine puts out there.

/edit:
    I also forgot: you can also pair him with Doom, if you have at least one purple cover for him. Friendly tile placing powers will not target friendly trap tiles... so you can wait for Doom to cover the majority (or all) purple tiles with traps, and only then fire Berserker Rage, and it will not drop enemy strike tiles on Doom's traps.

Another thought though: Patch's green can also be used as a great match finisher. If the opponent does not get any moves off after firing Wolvie's Berserker Rage, you don't have to worry about the enemy strike tiles it places. You can reasonably estimate your chances when considering your opponent's line up and health pools. Countdown only goons are reasonably safe if their countdowns are still high or not of the 'damaging' type (just look out for crazy cascades though icon_mrgreen.gif )
  • praam
    praam Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I would say top10 in PvE is only possible with all essentials and a religious early 4 clears + grinding down the 2 as late as possible. I usually don't have the 4* and might even miss the top50 sometimes if the 6 clears are late enough.
  • Alsmir
    Options
    Not really a question but rather an observation:

I was sticking to slice 5 in PvP for around a month. It was realy tough at first, but it gort a bit easier as I was slowly improving my Kamala Khan and IM40. I was able to grab two top 5 placements, few lower ones and I was happy with that, getting hp, 3* covers.
    Still, top player in my bracket would usually have less than 1000k points, usually slightly above 800. I was curious if choosing different slice, would give me better chances of getting 800 points for extra 3* cover. In the latest event (Deadpool) i chose slice 4.

Jesus f*** Christ

That's probably the worst time I've ever had in MPQ. It's a bloodbath, complete and utter mess. It's like walking into the bad neighbourhood, realising that "I better get out of here." and getting shot 10 times before you have a chance to do anything.

My average opponent would switch from 2* champs/almost covered 3* to max lvl, boosted 2* champs, but more often boosted 3* champs or better. Top players (with ~10 hrs till the end) are sitting at around 3,7k points. It doesn't help me at all. First I reached 300 points, depleting all of my healthpacks. I should be safe at 300, right? Wrong! Clubbed back to 200 points. Another 10 healthpacks and a lot of skipping got me to 500 points (yesterday evening). I woke up this morning with less than 300 points left. ****?

Never, ever again.

At least in slice 5, if I try really hard, I should have a shot at top 1. In slice 4, top 10 players are rolling with champed OMLs.

I thought that matchmaking in PvP is kinda bad, but now I realise it's much worse.

End of rant.