I'm gaining plenty of covers

2»

Comments

• Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    mpqr7 wrote:
    That's actually not true! I'm NOT a top pve player. In general, I gain 0 to 1 covers in the new release PVE.

It's almost impossible for me to hit top 100 individual in pve. When I hit top progression, then I can join a pve alliance to win that one cover. Otherwise, I'm without it.

I then win one cover in the following new release pvp at 1000 points. So that places me at 1 to 2 covers.

And then the rest flow in a few months later from LTs, for the most part. I gotta win something when I'm not winning 5*s!

And how many LTs in general? Let's say approximately 5 to 7 per week (3 from PVP, 1 from PVE, 1 from CP, 1-2 from DDP Crash). And then the rest from PVP at 1000 points, after it's been a month or two since it was released.

I still get a lot of repeats (ie 6th covers of the same power) before the character is at 13 covers, but it all seems to work out within a few months from when it's released.

If only that were the case for 5*s... icon_e_surprised.gif

So, in summary, we complain about a lot, but I feel there's no need to complain about not getting enough 4* covers. Just about needing more ISO to actually level up those 4*s! A few months ago, I needed around 3 million ISO to champ my fully-covered 4*s. Now, I need almost 4 million! And even that's not much, compared to the needs of others!

Ah, I got confused because you said "covering them as they are released", but if you are fully covering them "within a few months" there had been anywhere between 5-8 new releases in the meantime. So, in the time it took you to gather 13 covers of a character, 65-104 new covers that you need to get were added to the game. Also, if it takes you "few months" to fully cover a 4*, if you saved your iso during that time, you could also max it when it is done. So I argue that both the cover and iso flow are too slow, though the iso flow is indeed much slower.

Also, I need to point out that if you are truly getting most covers of new characters from tokens within months of their release, you are still uncommonly lucky. 4clops was released a year ago and I have drawn exactly 1 of his covers from tokens since. Hell, only until recently I finally finished my Fury and that was by earning most of his covers in the last two years (and I still only have 4 blue!)
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    wirius wrote:
    mpqr7 wrote:

And how many LTs in general? Let's say approximately 5 to 7 per week (3 from PVP, 1 from PVE, 1 from CP, 1-2 from DDP Crash). And then the rest from PVP at 1000 points, after it's been a month or two since it was released.

Ridiculous. That's an immense amount of time per week on the game. Of course people who already have 4*'s and play religiously have enough covers. The people at the top complain about iso. Understand the people who are complaining about 4* cover rewards are not people like yourself. The people complaining about 4* covers are 3-4* transitioners (NO maxed 4*s yet) and people who have their 3*'s maxed out but don't want to play hours a day.
    I think you are being a little harsh. I will admit I personally play way too much 1300 in PVP, full CP in PVE and I play LR seed teams. The reality is in PVP once you get 4* thst are buffed it does not take forever to score 1000 in PVP. To get to 1000 it is normally an hour a day in PVP. The long part is coordinating to 1300. PVE takes up a lot more time to place well 20 min a clear 7 times a day.
    I have 9 championed 4* and 9 more cover maxed but lack the ISO to champion them. ISO is a bigger issue than potential covers
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    mpqr7 wrote:
    Don't depend on championing for your 4* covers! Yeah, you may get 1 cover after a few months at lv 183, but it could be a year or more before you get all the way to lv 223.

It's the only way for me to get covers other than the odd Crash I can beat. I don't have the time nor inclination to grind PVE or shield hop to PVP progressions.

This is the problem with the transition. It's always been the problem with the transition and they're doing NOTHING about it.
  • Gari
    Gari Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Skygazing wrote:
    san-mpq wrote:
    Skygazing wrote:
    Between high PvE and PvP efforts it's definitely possible to gain 4* covers at a pretty steady rate. Very taxing, but possible.

This is a myth.

I do 1K in PVP consistently - I value my time and look at risk (time) vs reward (25CP) for the 1300, and don't tend to bother, unless I'm particularly in a gaming mood.

I also do 2 or so refreshes of every PVE, and then grind out the rewards I want (CP, usually) for a total score of.... one LT. This gives me ISO steadily.

I do DDQ daily.

That's it.

I do not consider myself competitive, at least not as competitive as I could be based on roster. And I am certainly not feeling "taxed" other than on new releases when I WANT the new character (otherwise, I get my LT and see if I'm close to top 100 for the one cover). Even so, I have a steady influx of 4* covers - not always the ones I want, but I won't complain. That's all you need to be steady.

Depends on what amount/rate you define as steady, and how developed your roster is. I imagine that in your case having a 5/3/1 390 Phoenix helps with getting to 1k easily, and probably makes PvE grinding a little easier.

For less developed rosters it's going to take higher effort, and therefore be more taxing.

you dont need 5s for 1k. You dont need shields either. Its strategy and most people wont get it. I use one shield to protect my points in the end. Thats it
  • Gari
    Gari Posts: 92 Match Maker
    mpqr7 wrote:
    Don't depend on championing for your 4* covers! Yeah, you may get 1 cover after a few months at lv 183, but it could be a year or more before you get all the way to lv 223.

you dont have to champ to use a 4. max covered you might not have the iso either. But try at least to push to 200.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    mpqr7 wrote:

It's what I've got at the moment. When I was employed I didn't have time to play "optimally" and the last couple events after the change in employment status, even WITH the time on my hands, I haven't gotten the LT, either. PVP ain't my thing.

So championing my 3's, while slow as molasses, will at least get me where I'm going with the characters I've got. The rest is in RNGesus' hands with heroics and the like.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    TC, I think you may have overstated your position.

It is, of course, perfectly reasonable to feel that your 4* cover accrual rate is sufficient (I would disagree, but it's a perfectly legitimate opinion), but I think you made a big mistake in saying "I think I am actually covering them faster than they are released." That statement is clearly not true (unless you are dropping hundreds of thousands of dollars on the game every few weeks), and kind of confuses the issue.

I would agree that cover rates may be slightly above ISO rates. But IMO that says a lot more about the paltry rates of iso distribution. I continue to be mystified by demiurge's insistence that 4*s be rare, special covers that are had to get when a new 4* is released almost every 2 weeks.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    covering at approximately the release rate is not unreasonable. releases approximately every 14 days, or 2 weeks. so, assuming 1K in pvp and pve progressions, that gives 6 covers and 75 cp. that's nearly 10 right there. tack on any occasional 1300s, 4* ddq wins, daily resupply cp/covers, pulls from tokens, and pve node cp - and 13 total covers every 14 days is not really that far fetched. one big component of that is the pvp 1K assumption - if you're not hitting that, obviously you're not averaging a cover a day. but if you are consistently, it is completely doable. but, granted, is quite a bit of work. also, I'm talking overall covers for all characters, not just the new ones. but if you keep that pace, each character gets to a usable state after a several months - not fast by any stretch, but this isn't 3*s either.

edit: just to check my memory I've gone back through my gamependium history/revisions and can confirm that starting at about 7 maxed 3*s (was last august for me), that is when I started averaging about a 4* a day overall. once I got my first usable 4* and beyond, that average increase, and by quite a bit, until I got most of them covered (and I started having to sell them instead of them going on gamependium). during the meat of my 4* 'cover' transition, I averaged 2 covers a day (according to gamependium). the 'level' transition is ongoing for the foreseeable future.