13»

Comments

• Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    _RiO_ wrote:
    DayvBang wrote:
    _RiO_ wrote:
    Isn't it nice how, since R101, we've been getting a metric ton of regressed bugs?
    Please keep bug discussions on topic. The linked topic is unrelated.

Further, these wave node bugs aren't regressed, they've been present for some time.

Yeah, but this particular bug that the previous poster mentioned; team members being swapped out with random 1*s, is definitely a regression.
    We haven't seen that one since the R40 releases.

As for the linked topic being unrelated: it's kind of directly linking the previous poster to where their bug was already reported?
    (Sure; I guess you could say it's offtopic because the previous poster's report already had nothing to do with wave nodes. But quote/cite their post then...)
    Mea culpa. My bad.

You're right. I read that too fast and focused on how the thread you linked related to the overall topic of wave bugs, not on how it related to the specific post you quoted.
  • EDL666
    EDL666 Posts: 73
    Options
    I couldn't find this anywhere, I was able to reproduce this 4 times out of 4 in the mission "Sea of Red" in "The Hand Fortress" sub event to the "Enemy of the State" event.

I'll explain what I did first. So when I reached the wave with 7 opponents total, I fired Reality Crush right away. It downed the first 3 characters and then stunned the Koran than appeared among the 3 new characters that took their place. Out of the 4 times I managed to kill the first 3 characters of the wave right away with Reality Crush, it stunned the Koran every single time. Of course this could be sheer luck and would need to be reproduced more times.

I suspect that in Survival, if Reality Crush downs the first 3 characters of a wave, it will always stun the first character that appears to take their place, because the Koran was the first one to appear after downing a character on that wave.

This feels like a bug. If it stuns a character that wasn't even in the blast, it should randomly be one of the characters that took their place, not always the same one. But I don't think it makes any sense at all that it stuns a character that wasn't even in the blast.

If it shouldn't stun a character that wasn't in the blast, this also means that whenever a character is downed in survival by Reality Crush and a character comes out to take their place, that new character shouldn't be stunned.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thank you SO MUCH for bringing this up.
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 701 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Good Lord, man! Delete your post before the devs get any ideas. icon_e_surprised.gif
  • Dayv
    Options
    EDL666 wrote:
    I suspect that in Survival, if Reality Crush downs the first 3 characters of a wave, it will always stun the first character that appears to take their place, because the Koran was the first one to appear after downing a character on that wave.
    I've merged this with the main wave node bug thread, and added a line for this in the first post.

In my opinion, the correct behavior is that the stun should be wasted in this case. It shouldn't carry over to the next wave just as reaction skills for the next wave shouldn't react to attacks against the previous wave.
  • Nightglider1
    Options
    DayvBang wrote:
    EDL666 wrote:
    I've merged this with the main wave node bug thread, and added a line for this in the first post.

In my opinion, the correct behavior is that the stun should be wasted in this case. It shouldn't carry over to the next wave just as reaction skills for the next wave shouldn't react to attacks against the previous wave.

Of course it should, but if the bug is in our favor I'm not gonna complain. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • BlackSheep101
    Options
    DayvBang wrote:
    EDL666 wrote:

I'm not sure it is carrying over to new waves. I think the example the OP is citing involves waves with more than 3 opponents. When RC downs all three current opponents, the first replacement gets stunned.
  • EDL666
    Options
    Yes! This is correct! When you end a wave, the stun is wasted. I'm talking about waves with more than 3 characters, in that specific case, it was a 7-character wave and killing the first 3 with Reality Crush made the stun always stun the first replacement character even though they all come out at the same time before the "random" stun is applied.
    Dayv wrote:

Scarlet Witch's Reality Crush skill will stun the front opponent of the next wave, if the damage kills all remaining opponents in the current wave.

You might wanna change that
  • Dayv
    Options
    EDL666 wrote:
    Yes! This is correct! When you end a wave, the stun is wasted. I'm talking about waves with more than 3 characters, in that specific case, it was a 7-character wave and killing the first 3 with Reality Crush made the stun always stun the first replacement character even though they all come out at the same time before the "random" stun is applied.
    Dayv wrote:

Scarlet Witch's Reality Crush skill will stun the front opponent of the next wave, if the damage kills all remaining opponents in the current wave.

You might wanna change that
    Done, thanks.
    Scarlet Witch's Reality Crush skill will always stun the front arriving enemy in a wave of more than three enemies, if the damage kills all three current enemies and some remain in the current wave. That is, the stun carries over to a remaining enemy in the current wave in a predictable, rather than random fashion.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,369 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Has anyone else had this? I have had two DDQs on different days (today was one) where a set of enemies repeated for TBE. I still had 4 sets in the wave, but the second set (today) repeated. In this case, 3* Bullseye plus thug and goon (I think). Thankfully I still won after four sets, received my cover and ISO as expected.
  • BlackSheep101
    Options
    The waves are randomized now. Presumably there's nothing to prevent the process that builds DDQ from selecting the same wave twice. I did notice that the second instance had a slightly higher level than the first instance, so I'm guessing the process also applies some level scaling depending on the wave number.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The waves are randomized now. Presumably there's nothing to prevent the process that builds DDQ from selecting the same wave twice.

It's not truly randomized. The developers put in safe-guards to prevent, e.g., nothing but waves of Ultron drones.
    They honestely should have included a safe-guard that prevents round duplication as well.
  • DrDoMe
    DrDoMe Posts: 97 Match Maker
    Options
    Just want to add to this item:

"The last enemy in a wave will prematurely switch display appearance with one of the enemies from the next wave. (this seems to have improved since the introduction of this feature, but not completely been fixed.)"

I've seen Hawkeye's speed shot in a wave node lined up such that he will kill all three enemies in the current wave. At the beginning of the enemy's turn, they all change into the characters from the next wave, and any passives from those characters will fire as the reskinned enemies fall.

Also, I don't know if it's a bug or just a quirk, but all countdown tiles fire before the wave switches, wasting the extra ones.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DrDoMe wrote:
    Also, I don't know if it's a bug or just a quirk, but all countdown tiles fire before the wave switches, wasting the extra ones.

That's always the way it's been.
    The current 'turn' is always run to the end before switching over.

A lot of bugs in current builds are related to some behavior executing before the turn has fully rolled over.
  • BlackSheep101
    Options
    There are exceptions to the above. Gsbw's red and green will let waves advance between dealing the initial damage and letting the board shake out.
  • EDL666
    Options
    I know that it's clear that AI Sentry can shoot Supernova early without damage or ending the turn, but I just used Supernova myself and wiped the current wave. The wave switched but it was still my turn. I couldn't reproduce because Sentry has a tendency to badly damage himself. What happened is I used Supernova but the damage didn't quite kill off every enemy, then the board cascaded into a match 5 and the critical tile got matched in the cascade as well. That cascade is what killed off the rest of the current wave. Then I got the wave change. Next wave had Black Widow 1* and Iron Man 1*... Unfortunately I don't recall the other character. My turn did not end, the AI didn't make a match or anything. I just got a bonus turn.
  • Dayv
    Options
    EDL666 wrote:
    I know that it's clear that AI Sentry can shoot Supernova early without damage or ending the turn, but I just used Supernova myself and wiped the current wave. The wave switched but it was still my turn. I couldn't reproduce because Sentry has a tendency to badly damage himself. What happened is I used Supernova but the damage didn't quite kill off every enemy, then the board cascaded into a match 5 and the critical tile got matched in the cascade as well. That cascade is what killed off the rest of the current wave. Then I got the wave change. Next wave had Black Widow 1* and Iron Man 1*... Unfortunately I don't recall the other character. My turn did not end, the AI didn't make a match or anything. I just got a bonus turn.
    I've actually always thought that this should be the way it plays for these powers in general. If any "ends the turn" power creates a match-5, you should still get to use the free turn that generates. This would pretty much only apply to Sentry or Hood, I believe. So hey, if any devs are listening, please make it so, ok?
  • Dayv
    Options
    From R104 patch notes:
    Banner at the beginning of Wave 2 no longer displays Wave 1.
    Looks like this specific issue will be fixed in the next patch. I'd guess we'll most likely see that on Tuesday, since Monday is a holiday.

It's one of the least impacting issues with wave nodes, but it's a start.
  • Nightglider1
    Options
    While playing the fourth wave of The Big Enchilada (against 3* Captain Marvel, Squirrel Girl, and Psylocke), I fired Iron Fist's purple against Psylocke to do damage, yet Captain Marvel's Energy Absorption passive went off. This should not have happened.
  • Nightglider1
    Options
    While playing the fourth wave of The Big Enchilada (against 3* Captain Marvel, Squirrel Girl, and Psylocke), I fired Iron Fist's purple against Psylocke to do damage, yet Captain Marvel's Energy Absorption passive went off. This should not have happened.

Just to be clear, this wasn't an instance where a passive fired off from the next wave when I finished off the previous wave. This was when I was facing a specific team (Psylocke, SG, and 3* CM) and attacking one character caused a different character's passive to fire.