3* teams for use in civil war round 8

Vhailorx
Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
edited May 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Lots of people don't have 5*s or any of the boosted 4*s. So I thought it might be useful to create a compendium of teams that might work for weaker rosters in the higher rounds of civil war.

Criteria:

(1) Only 3*s and underleveled 4*s.
(2) No one with health above 15k
(3) No 5*s.
(4) any and all boosts and team ups are available
(5) the team successfully completed a boss fight in round 6+ (say which round)

I will update this post as people make suggestions.

Teams (composition : notes on success and strategy)

Team 1:
Hulk 3/5/5; Kk 5/5/3; Beast 5/5/3 : 2/3 success rate in rounds 7 and 8; collect blue asap to spam KK heals

Team 2:
IM40/Patch/Loki :

Team 3:
Meatback/Meatbag/Ghost Rider : GR's black damage doesn't cap, so the meatier the meatbags the better. High level OML is ideal, but other tanks like hulk, thor, etc can do in a pinch. or tank + kk to heal. Can also be accomplished via teamup.

Team 4:
KK/Hulk/Patch : classic hulkbombing team. Collect as much green as possible and keep hulk in front.

Comments

• killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    if u wanted a 3* team: Hulk Bomb with Khan/Hulk/Patch. Hopefully u can get strike tiles out and have Khan heal enough to take the damage, maybe take loki Trickery to switch some purple strike tiles if it get too crazy but then ur bombing will stop.
  • Natsufan01
    Natsufan01 Posts: 259 Mover and Shaker
    3* captain marvel, ghost rider (level 90 0/4/2) and whoever else that has a lot of health. ( third doesnt matter but if it can tank green it would be good)

Keep captain marvel in front as much as possible to charge black ap. Wait until marvel and the third member are downed or almost downed ( or until enough damage cam be done to down the boss) and fire penance stare twice. Beat round 8 this way 5/6 times the last clear
  • RoboDuck
    RoboDuck Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    Had some success with IM40, Patch, & Loki. Only trick is getting enough black before Caps match damage downs Loki.
  • halirin
    halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
    Hulk 3/5/5
    Kk 5/5/3
    Beast 5/5/3

Get blue asap. Otherwise, tank with hulk, get angry, and spam beast green for damage and kk heals.

I'm winning about two of three attempts against cap for rounds and 7 and 8.
  • MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    VS Cap:

Vision/IM40/GSW or IF (tried few times, not bad, purple either procs vision blue with multi match or face fist cap for 4K)

Bring +AP boosts, you're VERY on the clock vs cap compared to vs IM because cap is very fast with his passive red AP gain once yellow triggers and shield bash is an annoying 7 red. Team needs to be able to take a couple of red hits HP wise but speed and cramming as much damage per turn is critical against him, especially since his blue can also heal and set you back some.
  • Vision,ms. Marvel, KK

because of visions blue bug, get blue as soon as possible and go on collecting blue and use it.
    use mm red to destroy shields
    kk heals and with her purpel you can do lots of damage during visions blue is aktive
  • Huatimus
    Huatimus Posts: 115
    Hulk GSBW PX(Hulk-finity). Round 7-8 no losses.

Hulk, KK, Storm. Didn't use in current civil war event but in previous boss battles and should still work.
  • Rob82092
    Rob82092 Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Apologies as these aren't quite 3* only, but I ran with IM40, GSBW & either Fury (3/3/4, base level 209) or Vision until round 8.

One of the other guys in our group is using a hulk strat with Vision/BW & a high Blue Prof X.

I've won 5/6 round 8s by using Switch/Pool whales with a tank in slot 3 (I got super lucky and pulled 5* IM out of the round 7, but prior was looking at either KK or Hulk. It's only worked because I had 280k Deadpool points stored, but it's an idea?
  • MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    OJSP wrote:
    Funny how these teams start to involve Vision.. and his Density: Light was fixed, but not Density: Heavy despite many people mentioning it here. So, I started using him too.

Only cause Density: Heavy right now is such broken levels of free damage on cascades when it's bugged. I still consider him trashcan level until the dev's get off their **** and do some actual balancing (like Light Disruption doesn't remove attack tiles for some reason **** and his red could stand to be 9 cost) instead of cranking out characters.

Only reason I keep him is for this exact situation (it's like the 4th time now for some reason) and that he's used for essential in certain events.

Edit: So uh, I have no idea what's going on anymore, I just saw my vision's blue affect my IM40's unibeam making it do 9k dmg....

Edit #2:......upon further testing it's also working on my KK's green which is only rank 4 at 1982 dmg and adding the +1100 blue on top for 3028 dmg...
  • HxiiiK
    HxiiiK Posts: 195 Tile Toppler
    No mention of Punisher? His red still helps greatly at 3* tier though you really need something like hulkbombing to get him down to the threshold
  • Tryke
    Tryke Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    KK/ Hulk/ CStorm

Round 7 cleared 5/6 times. 1 loss due to omgwtfcascades.
  • Deadpool369
    Deadpool369 Posts: 53 Match Maker
    Round 7 was using fury Im40 bp..let bp out front and collect all the blue and yellow you can..if you can get to 20 demo will hit him hard and im red will finish it..my fury is only a 1/5/2
  • WalrusBrigade
    WalrusBrigade Posts: 94 Match Maker
    5/3/5 icon_quicksilver.png
    3/5/5 icon_ironfist.png
    x/5/x icon_mystique.png

throw in some +2 B/P and a *gasp* Crit Boost if you like

levels don't matter aside from staying alive for a few hits and how long it takes to finish the match. Just think about it for a second and it makes sense . . .
  • The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    I'm only down in Round 5 versus Iron Man, current team:

3* Punisher
    2* Storm
    3* Scarlet Witch

Chip away raising AP and Punisher Black AoE as you go, use Storm Blue and SWitch Purple to deal AoE damage while stunning both drones, Punisher Red finish.

While decent, if the board goes off my squishy characters fold.

Who should I be replacing Storm with for resilience? KK?
  • Starsaber
    Starsaber Posts: 206
    I've been using Hulk/Vision/GSBW with some success. Vision's bugged blue works well in a Hulkbomb strategy into Sniper Shots
  • Esheris
    Esheris Posts: 216 Tile Toppler
    Vision, Iron Fist, Scarlet Witch. Collect 10~ purple for Iron Fist, then fire Vision's Blue and spam Iron Fists purple. Been going well for me so far. (I sometimes use my 2/0/2 5* Logan in place of Scarlet but both work well.)
  • HossDrone
    HossDrone Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
    Scarlett witch + kk + Luke cage vs iron man

Keep Tony off blue while you build up purple and green. When he inevitably calls house party protocol you can respond with double bash then win on attrition via Luke cage black and yellow built up yo over time
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Vs. Iron Man: Hulk / Daken / Falcon.

Not exactly a Hulkbomb - use Hulk's green generation to churn out strike tiles, and Falcon to buff them. Chemical Reaction + Thunderous Clap when there are no more basic reds left, rinse and repeat.

Alternatively, swap Falcon for Vision while the Density: Heavy bug lasts. Match damage is king.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    you need to use punisher.. i mean get them down to 40% and boom you win..

so punisher. im and hulk
  • Evilgenius_9
    Evilgenius_9 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    First time around we did team Cap, I beat rd. 7 most times (and one try at 8 to prove I could) with Dakan, IF and a 3/2/0 Prof X. Get Charles invisible and then get as many strike tiles on the board, plus the attack tile. Dakan and IF die fairly quickly, but the damage built like nuts and eventually I'd be one-shotting the party protocol droids.