(specialy for Round 7+8)

Comments

• Lukoil
    Lukoil Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    previous run it was HB(boosted) + IF.
    Right now i am playing with QS+KH+Vision
  • poomermon
    poomermon Posts: 300 Mover and Shaker
    Old man logan + Ghost rider. Tank his attacks with oml and then one shot him with penance stare.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    poomermon wrote:
    Old man logan + Ghost rider. Tank his attacks with oml and then one shot him with penance stare.

Mmmm interesting... I may try this one.

Last time I was using IMHb+4 cyclops+if (one red battery + one black battery + IMHB icon_razz.gif). I also tried Charlie's but I barely won the two times I tried with them, match damage is so high that it is very easy for widow or ProfX to die if the board doesn't start with a good amount of purple in it.

This round I started with OML+if+hood, but I don't think this is going to hold up in round 7 or 8. I guess OML+GR+if can be a good team. I have thought also of repeating the IMHb+4 cyclops+if team but I don't know if it is going to be fast enough...
  • MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Because the devs are letting us do so for now, Vision/IM40/Greysuit

-IM40 yellow feeds blue for vision, purple/green for greysuit and red for a unibeam blast from IM

-Vision uses stupid cheesy bugged blue

-Greysuit uses purple to make as many green 3 matches as possible (you want blue to trigger as many times as possible)

-enjoy your thousands of free damage

-Use unibeam/sniper rifle to clean up
  • Faklaw
    Faklaw Posts: 5
    Cap marvel with energy absorb + Ghost Rider penance stare works well for me once get gets past 300+. Note that I'm mostly a 2* player.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    HB, 3* Cyclops, KK. I use Cyc at 3/5/5. His yellow with HB blue & black produces a ton of red. Then you have KK to heal. Leaves you with HB red, Cyc black and KK green as nukes. Tried using Pheonix instead of KK for a few extra red, but I only have 1 purple and no outlet for green, so.
  • Platzy
    Platzy Posts: 77 Match Maker
    For me as a 3* player IM40/GSBW/CMags has worked well (currently Round 5):
    Fire IM Yellow to get R/B/G, Mags Red if a lot of T tiles are on the board can lead to further cascades, followed by his Blue. Clean up with BW Purple and a Sniper Rifle or two.
    Optional Red/Yellow Boost and even Crit Boost can come in handy here...
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tried out IM40/Vision/Fury

+Blue/Purple AP
    +Yellow/Red AP

match Blue, get Visions Blue out there to do bigger match damage while scurrying for more yellow, if all 3 yellow go off and you've matched some blue, you can do Fury's Demolition twice, and wait for him to match them. Won't kill him, but will take a huge chunk off. Double Demolition did give Cap a decent cascade, but then I got enough Purple to Finish him off with Fury. It's working on level 6.

May have to revise for Level 7 & 8, but we'll see. Since I don't have any 5* in real useable condition and HB not boosted, I'm always taking damage because I'm getting shield bashed to death. Vision's Blue needs to be out to be able to match damage over the protect tiles he throws out every 3rd turn from having his allies out (who happen to be Failcap that keeps buffing those protect tiles). Whenever he's pulled in Hawkeye as a teamup, he's immediately followed up by a match 5 that same turn... Every Time So Far.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    I used OML-Fury-IM40 early. Switched out IM40 to XDP now that the match damage is getting heavier and XEnforcer triggers faster.

OML-GR sounds fun though, may screw around with that. I'm assuming it's best to tack on Fist to accelerate into Penance Stare.
  • jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    3* Falcon will Redwing his CDs, can be decent to throw in.

If you have it, Phoenix, SW, GG is fantastic for Boss Cap.

At high rounds, XFDP will start triggering on match damage and can take a bite out of him quickly.
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    I've been using 4Thor, IM40, and OBW up through round 6 so far. If you can get rid of one of the CD tiles, it makes it a little easier, but that's not really necessary. Cap's allies never run much interference for him in my experience (this run or last) with the exception of Flaptain. Direct Thor's stuns at his buddies, unleash the full fury of red on Cap himself obviously.

OBW tanks blue, purple, and black in this group, Thor tanks red, green, and yellow, so IM40 is never exposed. OBW is squishy, yes, but it still works nicely. I think I'll be swapping her out for my 1/1/3 Phoenix come round 7-8 though for the match damage and slightly higher HP.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    OML, XFDP, vision. You get to he point where match damage fires XFDP black, broken vision blue with OML strike tiles and a red nuke. you can even fire Visions yellow to reduce damage.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    obw double dips visions blue.
    3k match dmg.
  • Nellobee
    Nellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Winfinite seems to work pretty reliably for me.
    (SW, ProfX, GSBW).
    Have to burn about a health pack per fight, so far.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    I used vision/im40/grey stuit for a wave node and forgot what I was doing and took them into the fight against round 7 steve. Got a good board and came out pretty clean.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nellobee wrote:
    Winfinite seems to work pretty reliably for me.
    (SW, ProfX, GSBW).
    Have to burn about a health pack per fight, so far.

I was going Phoenix/4* Cyc/3* IM - but switched to winfinite on this PVP ending day to save on health packs (but extend match time by....all the time)
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Fury/XDP/IM40. XDP black triggers with almost every hit. Demolition does 20K+ damage.
  • Skygazing
    Skygazing Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Currently in R8, and teams so far:
      HB/IF/SW - Tried and true for a reason. Unboosted HB makes this rougher than it was last time but still doable.

GSBW/SW/PX - Winfinite, rarely a bad answer to PvE opponents. Match damage in R7 and R8 is rough, and if Cap manages to match away SW's tile and you don't have any other purple, you're probably dead. Still, gets the job done most of the time.

Hulk/KK/MoStorm - The Galactus killer. If you're willing to spend lots of time on each match, this is the team to use. Hulk's anger triggers off of match damage, generating green for Storm, who gathers AP so KK can fire off purple, to get more green, Storm gathers more AP, etc. Eventually the damage from cascades will add up.

IM40/Fury/Pun - Haven't tried in R8 yet, but worked earlier. Flimsy, but the premise is sound. Fire off IM40 yellow while collecting blue, double cast Fury blue, let Cap nearly kill himself, finish him with Pun. Don't think it can really stand up to match damage though.

OML/GR/IF - An interesting one for sure. As others have mentioned, OML takes hits to power up GR black, which can be accelerated with IF purple. My GR only has 3 black, and OML is only 0/1/1, so this isn't quite as potent for me as I think it might be for others. Going to try swapping IF for DPXF next refresh to see if it does any better. Also rather than OML, if you have any IM46 covers try him as a tank instead since he's boosted. Probably can only get 1 game out of him, but you'll deal more match damage.

• avs962
      avs962 Posts: 319 Mover and Shaker
      I've only used OML/Vision/Iron Fist this whole time. I champed Vision on a whim this morning. Haven'T had any trouble at all.
    • udonomefoo
      udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
      Not about to bring my 1/0/2 oml into this fight.

I've been mostly using IM40 4cyc xfdp with xfdp set to 3/5/5. You waste the green generated by im40 and xfdp's purple creates cd's on yellow, which you also need for im40's cd's so it's not ideal, but has worked so far.

Would be nice to change xfdp to 5 red and dump 4cyc, but all the good green/blue users are aoe/stun, neither of which are useful here. Maybe throw mostorm in for green/black and use im40 for blue? She's squishy but would only tank green.