Can we get an official response on Legendary Tokens changing

2»

Comments

• an1979
    an1979 Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    I would like to know it too!
  • Thevipper
    Thevipper Posts: 90
    They have always said that the legendary tokens would remain at 10%. That was stated when OML was introduced, and reiterated when Phoenix was added. I wouldn't hold out hope for any change here. With no confirmation of a policy change, you should just assume the existing policy will continue.

One other thing to mention:
    I looked at the odds in the classic tokens and, ironically, you have better odds of pulling a Logan or Phoenix from a classic than you do any given 4* character (3.3% for each 5* and only 3.1% for each 4*). Right now you are more likely to get OML than XFW, or Phoenix than JG. I'm sure that crossing that inflection point was noticed, and having the odds in classics drop to 2.5% / 5* is their desired outcome at this moment.

So your saying 3 5* at 3.5% is better than 33+ 4* with a 3.1 % umm ill find you a chinese kid to redo your math it's a 3:33 odds alone with 10% being a 5* and 90% for a 4* so in a perfect world 100 pulls = 90 4* and 10 5* and rng makes sure 1 goes some where else 1 gets lost 1 is thrown away and 1 was food for the troll... Making it 94 4* and 6 5*
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP wrote:
    Thevipper wrote:
    So your saying 3 5* at 3.3 (fixed that for you)% is better than 33+ 4* with a 3.1 % umm ill find you a chinese kid to redo your math it's a 3:33 odds alone with 10% being a 5* and 90% for a 4* so in a perfect world 100 pulls = 90 4* and 10 5* and rng makes sure 1 goes some where else 1 gets lost 1 is thrown away and 1 was food for the troll... Making it 94 4* and 6 5*
    I'm a Chinese kid.. I think the post you're quoting specifically mentioned "better odds of pulling a Logan or Phoenix from a classic than you do any given 4* character".

So, that statement is actually correct: 3.3% is better than 3.1%.

I kinda liked how he rolled some casual racism into his reading comprehension fail.
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    mpqr7 wrote:
    Eh, who needs OML anyway. I'm already getting more into BSS. I have 4 covers for him. If I can just get a purple cover and two more, I'll be able to level him up to 360 and cause some real havoc!
    The vast majority of players, I'd wager.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    A red comment world be nice
  • FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    fmftint wrote:
    A red comment world be nice

Comment. Happy to help...oh you want an actual red name to comment. Yeah might as well hope for world peace.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    sinnerjfl wrote:
    You really think they would raise the 10% chance of 5*'s in the classic LT's? icon_lol.gif

Have a look at all the other tokens and you have your answer.

Yeah, you might as well ask if the chance of Iron Man and Captain America will stay at 10% each when they enter the Latest Legends pool. This is so not happening that I don't see why people are even asking unless they want something to be disappointed about.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    sinnerjfl wrote:
    You really think they would raise the 10% chance of 5*'s in the classic LT's? icon_lol.gif

Yeah, you might as well ask if the chance of Iron Man and Captain America will stay at 10% each when they enter the Latest Legends pool. This is so not happening that I don't see why people are even asking unless they want something to be disappointed about.

they need to release a new 5 star so

New
    Iron man
    Capt amer

goblin
    spiderman?
    someone

oml
    and the other 2
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    This has been asked and answered before. Somewhere around the initial announcement for 5* Iron Man and 5* Captain America, one of the devs said that 5* odds in Classic Tokens would remain at 10% total. I'd link to the post where this was confirmed, but I just can't find it.

Of course they can change the 5* odds at some point, and some day they probably will but at this time there are no announced plans to do so.
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:
    sinnerjfl wrote:

they need to release a new 5 star so

New
    Iron man
    Capt amer

goblin
    spiderman?
    someone

oml
    and the other 2

That would never work since GG and OML covers are the ones that are so widely sought after. If they wanted to adjust for the meta they would do something along the lines of:

OML, GG & Phoenix 3.3% each 50 CP
    BSSM & IM46 5% each for 25 CP
    Cap & SS 5% each for 15 CP

Those chasing the best covers of the best 5*s would be at a disadvantage and those that just wanted to cover a newer or older less studly 5* would still be able to at a cheaper price. None of that is likely to happen.
  • Merrick
    Merrick Posts: 198 Tile Toppler
    You are correct. They have answered the question before.

However their answer was vague.

They said Cap & Iron Man would be put into the new legendary tokens after the second runthrough of civil war.

It has been several days since the end of civil war and they are not present in the tokens yet.

Thursday is after the end of the second runthrough of civil war. Christmas is also after the second runthrough of civil war, so is June 2055.

A little clarification on this matter would really help us in not wasting our precious command points.
  • Thevipper
    revskip wrote:
    OJSP wrote:
    Thevipper wrote:
    So your saying 3 5* at 3.3 (fixed that for you)% is better than 33+ 4* with a 3.1 % umm ill find you a chinese kid to redo your math it's a 3:33 odds alone with 10% being a 5* and 90% for a 4* so in a perfect world 100 pulls = 90 4* and 10 5* and rng makes sure 1 goes some where else 1 gets lost 1 is thrown away and 1 was food for the troll... Making it 94 4* and 6 5*
    I'm a Chinese kid.. I think the post you're quoting specifically mentioned "better odds of pulling a Logan or Phoenix from a classic than you do any given 4* character".

So, that statement is actually correct: 3.3% is better than 3.1%.

I kinda liked how he rolled some casual racism into his reading comprehension fail.

racism no just did the peter griffin joke as i kept picturing it in my mind when I was typing that but yes i'm well aware 3.3% is better than 3.1% but at a 3:33 odds of a 5 star.png that keeps decreasing every 2 weeks greatly decreases a .2% increase that dosen't grow. so pushing a 3.3% chance is better to draw 5 star.png x cover than any x 4* cover when 90% its a 4* means nothing
    and yes I know he means 3.3% is better to draw oml vs hulk buster @ 3.1% but I'm saying 10% to draw oml @ 3.3% vs 90% to draw hulk buster @ 3.1% makes it vastly different

i will emphasize
    i'm sorry about the family guy joke reference i made so i will try not to make a wrong turn at albuquerque again
    32 different cards in classic pulls say you do 32 pulls (this is not calculating x3 of the cards for covers)
    32/90%=28.8 being a 4 star.png
    28.8/3.1%=0.8928% being the 4 star.png you want
    32/10%=3.2 being a 5 star.png
    3.2/3.3%=0.1056% being the 5 star.png you want
    there you go you have a higher chance getting the 4 star.png you want than a 5 star.png you want out of 32 pulls but none of them is even a full 1%

96 over all with 1 of each cover so you do 96 pulls
    96/90%=86.4 being a 4 star.png
    86.4/3.1%=2.6784% being the 4 star.png you want
    96/10%=9.6 being a 5 star.png
    9.6/3.3%=0.3168% being a 5 star.png you want
    there you have it 2.6784 rounds off to 2.7% chance you get a 4 star.png you want and 0.3168 rounds of to .3% chance you get a 5 star.png you want
    now if you find my math wrong please tell me i'm only human
  • Thevipper
    OJSP wrote:
    Thevipper wrote:
    I'm saying 10% to draw oml @ 3.3% vs 90% to draw hulk buster @ 3.1% makes it vastly different
    i'm sorry about the family guy joke reference i made so i will try not to make a wrong turn at albuquerque again
    maths
    Don't worry, I wasn't offended. I thought I'd just save you from trying to find one. I like Family Guy.

I think we're overcomplicating the maths here, because we're actually never told how the token system works.

What if the token odds just means we have 3.3% of getting one character, but not one particular cover. From that 3.3%, there's another 1 in 3 chance of getting any of the colours? I'm sure there are other ways that people could use to interpret the system (invisible vaults, trading cards packs, pre-determined tokens, etc.)

Also, I think there might be a slight incorrect interchangeability of the words odds and probability here (in the forum in general, not particularly in this thread).. In common parlance, they're used as synonyms, where in fact, mathematically they are different. It's one that's I'm often guilty of doing too, because for speed, typing or saying odds is quicker. (Note that the token page actually said drop rate)

just to make it clear
    my math (which can be wrong) is devised for wanting 1 character and the chance to get it. Not you're going to get this in x amount of pulls. (if you didn't know) 32 characters 3 5* 29 4* is roughly 10% and 90% respectively. lets put it this way it's like playing black jack and you have 19 and you hit to try for a 2 to get 21 some wont, some will.

this is more to stop "why didn't I get a 5*" and "3.3% means I should have a better chance cause 3.1% is lower" as you see in my math (which could be wrong) 3.1% is much greater with the odds. it's like 10% to deal 105,000 dmg every hit vs 90% to deal 5,000 dmg every hit and you get 50 hits to do it in. the lower # but higher % out powers the higher # and lower %

is there something wrong with the 2.7% vs .3% absolutely nothing it's 90% and 10% like they promised
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thevipper wrote:
    OJSP wrote:
    Thevipper wrote:
    I'm saying 10% to draw oml @ 3.3% vs 90% to draw hulk buster @ 3.1% makes it vastly different
    maths
    Don't worry, I wasn't offended. I thought I'd just save you from trying to find one. I like Family Guy.

I think we're overcomplicating the maths here, because we're actually never told how the token system works.

What if the token odds just means we have 3.3% of getting one character, but not one particular cover. From that 3.3%, there's another 1 in 3 chance of getting any of the colours? I'm sure there are other ways that people could use to interpret the system (invisible vaults, trading cards packs, pre-determined tokens, etc.)

Also, I think there might be a slight incorrect interchangeability of the words odds and probability here (in the forum in general, not particularly in this thread).. In common parlance, they're used as synonyms, where in fact, mathematically they are different. It's one that's I'm often guilty of doing too, because for speed, typing or saying odds is quicker. (Note that the token page actually said drop rate)

just to make it clear
    my math (which can be wrong) is devised for wanting 1 character and the chance to get it. Not you're going to get this in x amount of pulls. (if you didn't know) 32 characters 3 5* 29 4* is roughly 10% and 90% respectively. lets put it this way it's like playing black jack and you have 19 and you hit to try for a 2 to get 21 some wont, some will.

this is more to stop "why didn't I get a 5*" and "3.3% means I should have a better chance cause 3.1% is lower" as you see in my math (which could be wrong) 3.1% is much greater with the odds. it's like 10% to deal 105,000 dmg every hit vs 90% to deal 5,000 dmg every hit and you get 50 hits to do it in. the lower # but higher % out powers the higher # and lower %

is there something wrong with the 2.7% vs .3% absolutely nothing it's 90% and 10% like they promised

Yeah, I am sorry to break it to you but your math is in fact very wrong icon_razz.gif

32 different cards in classic pulls say you do 32 pulls (this is not calculating x3 of the cards for covers)
    28.8/3.1%=0.8928% being the 4 star.png you want (This is wrong)
    3.2/3.3%=0.1056% being the 5 star.png you want (This is wrong too)

You have 3.3% of getting the 5 you want every pull. This is an absolute percentage over 100%.
    And you have a 3.1% of getting the 4 you want every pull (as you will see soon the real percentage is 3.06). This is also an absolute.

That is 10% of getting a 5, then when you get a 5 you have 33.3% of getting the 5 you want (1 / 3) so basically 33.3333 * 0.10 = 3.3%
    Then for the 4s, that is 90% of getting a 4, then when you get a 4 you have 0.034% of getting the 4 you want (1 / 29) so basically 0.034 * 0.9 = 3.06%

So in your example with 32 pulls
    28.8*0.034 = 0.979 being the 4 star.png you want (or just simply 32*0.0306)
    3.2*0.33 = 1.06666 of being the 5 star.png you want (or just simply 32*0.033)

But this things are usually not calculated like this, this number is just a reference (if this was true, with 30 pulls you would always pull the 5 you want).
    The real calculation should be 30 pulls and then chances of not pulling the 5 you want (96.77%).

So then:

0.967e30 this is your real chance of not pulling a particular 5

and then you do 1.0 - that and you get the chance.

So chances of pulling OML in 30 pulls? 63.4%.
    Chances of pulling IMHB in 30 pulls? 61.1%

So right now, until Spidey gets in the classic LTs you have a bigger chance of getting the 5 you want than the 4 you want
  • Thevipper
    Polares wrote:
    Thevipper wrote:
    OJSP wrote:
    Thevipper wrote:
    maths

just to make it clear

Yeah, I am sorry to break it to you but your math is in fact very wrong icon_razz.gif

28.8/3.1%=0.8928% being the 4 star.png you want (This is wrong)
    3.2/3.3%=0.1056% being the 5 star.png you want (This is wrong too)

You have 3.3% of getting the 5 you want every pull. This is an absolute percentage over 100%.
    And you have a 3.1% of getting the 4 you want every pull (as you will see soon the real percentage is 3.06). This is also an absolute.

That is 10% of getting a 5, then when you get a 5 you have 33.3% of getting the 5 you want (1 / 3) so basically 33.3333 * 0.10 = 3.3%
    Then for the 4s, that is 90% of getting a 4, then when you get a 4 you have 0.034% of getting the 4 you want (1 / 29) so basically 0.034 * 0.9 = 3.06%

So in your example with 32 pulls
    28.8*0.034 = 0.979 being the 4 star.png you want (or just simply 32*0.0306)
    3.2*0.33 = 1.06666 of being the 5 star.png you want (or just simply 32*0.033)

But this things are usually not calculated like this, this number is just a reference (if this was true, with 30 pulls you would always pull the 5 you want). The real calculation should be

32 pulls and then chances of not pulling the 5 you want (96.77%). So then

0.967e32 / 10e31 this is your real chance of not pulling a particular 5, and then you do 1.0 - that and you get the chance.

So right now, until Spidey gets in the classic LTs you have a bigger chance of getting the 5 you want than the 4 you want

too tired for the second part (maybe 1st part also) but by braking it down using current cards the odds are already given (1/3, 1/29) but you found the problem with 3.1% (not a 3.1% but they put it at 3.1%) but I believe were missing a 4* in classics/current tokens (reason for not adding cap/im and moving spidey i guess) and why I used a set # of pulls and the 3.1% as I also found that 3.06% (and assumed a missing card) as it will be 33 pulls instead maybe I jumped the gun on the 5* but 4* is defiantly skewed in our favor as of now

edit forgot to add something icon_mrgreen.gif
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    I suppose we'll find out in 5 hours, but knowing before that would be nice, eh?
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:

Just cleaning up something here in your calc. Your showing the chance of a particular 4* as 3.06% but it's actually 3.1% (.90/29 = .03103...).
    Polares wrote:
    0.967e30 this is your real chance of not pulling a particular 5

and then you do 1.0 - that and you get the chance.

So chances of pulling OML in 30 pulls? 63.4%.
    Chances of pulling IMHB in 30 pulls? 61.1%

Another thing to note here is that these percentages show the chance of getting at LEAST one of them. You may in fact get quite a few (all the way up to 30 in a one in a googleplex type scenario).

KGB

P.S. The higher chance of a 5* illustrates the need for a DDQ 4* daily cover event when they fill up the 4* class (40 characters?). Otherwise it makes more sense to jump from 3* land to 5* land because specific 4* rewards are hard to come by (require a lot of time and effort in PvE and PvP) and then require gobs of ISO only to find they are virtually obsolete anyway in a 5* game.
  • The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    15% drop rate for 5*s!

THIS IS NOT A DRILL!
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    One week later, they make the change and then make the announcement...
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    KGB wrote:
    The higher chance of a [specific] 5* illustrates the need for a DDQ 4* daily cover event when they fill up the 4* class (40 characters?). Otherwise it makes more sense to jump from 3* land to 5* land because specific 4* rewards are hard to come by (require a lot of time and effort in PvE and PvP) and then require gobs of ISO only to find they are virtually obsolete anyway in a 5* game.

Not a problem if they just stick to the originally announced plan, release more 5*s, and continue to dilute the odds in a single token type icon_twisted.gif

Well the official announcement of 5* rates going to 15% means the 4* odds are down to 85% now and so the odds of a particular one look worse than ever.

In a couple months there will be 40 of them at 85% odds or 2.12% of any given one. Even PvE/PvP events are 4 days long so 160 days to get a particular character or roughly 4x a year (2 in PvE and 2 in PvP). So it will take forever for new players to accumulate 4* covers unless they split those up in the legendary tokens too.

Thus going directly from 3* to 5* land looks increasingly like the way to go.

KGB