2* Tokens

2»

Comments

• Ctenko
    Ctenko Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    Natsufan01 wrote:
    snlf25 wrote:
    1* sells for 500 iso

They would NEVER do this. You can buy a standard for 500 iso. I would buy all day long, knowing that I would not lose any iso no matter what, and I would be consistently gaining iso for any 2*, and 3* and 4* covers would just take patience and hundreds or thousands of pulls.

While I very much agree with you, as that makes no sense from a business perspective. If they upped it a little, like Next tier.
    star.png 250
    star.pngstar.png 500
    star.pngstar.pngstar.png 1000
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png 2500
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png 5000

And then Charged Tokens at 2500 with a chance at four stars. It would still have Iso as the most precious resource. But you'd drive more sales of people to actually pay money. Because that Daily deal would look so much more tempting than knowing how much you're throwing away at the likely chance of getting a One Star. Mind you. I think their set rates are really good for them making money right now.

They're just really terrible and frustrating for their players. But that would help fix it. This would help fix it a lot.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Warbringa wrote:
    It is possible to pull 4* from a standard token. I have pulled 4 from them and I have probably opened 2000 of them, so yeah bad odds but it is possible. I don't think the draw pulls for standard tokens need to be altered myself.

I agree though since the 3* meta is over they should reduce the rates on heroic and event tokens for 2* and increase the 3* and 4* to help with championing which helps the transition to 4*. In addition it would help newer players transition through the whole meta faster which is what they need to do. If you get a new player to stay, give them an incentive to continue to do so.

Or if they don't want to change the rates, simply make covers for all characters increase in iso selling costs. It may make some people decide not to champion but make all 2* covers sell for 500, 3* for 1000, 4* for 2500 etc. At least you would very slightly increase iso.
    Yes it is possible to get a 4* from a standard but highly improbable, I could edit the previous post but the gist of it remains the same: add a token whose tier is between legendary and heroic/PvE-related ones.

In total I've pulled 6 4* from standards. I think heroic and event tokens are complete **** it's very rare I get anything but 2* from them.

Event tokens are better when there's a vault
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    In total I've pulled 6 4* from standards. I think heroic and event tokens are complete **** it's very rare I get anything but 2* from them.

Do you happen to remember or track which 4*'s you got from standard tokens? The tracking spreadsheet linked on the forums (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... =558559716) doesn't have anything more recent than IW or XFW being pulled from Standards, so I'm wondering if 4*'s are still in standards or if they were phased out. I'm ~10,500 & counting on standard tokens without a 4* since I began tracking (and at least 2-3k of additional tokens without 4*'s before that). It's hard to figure out if I'm unlucky, if the odds are so low that I'm not unlucky but still haven't pulled any or if they were removed at some point. Who knows?
  • Thevipper
    Thevipper Posts: 90
    I bought a 10 pack for iso 8 when it first opened as i really wanted a 4* cyke well i think it was 3 maybe 4 3* no 4* but i did open a heoric 10 pack before that gave 2 4* but sadly the 2 main 4* im wanting has been ellusive red hulk is the other
  • Hyposphere6234
    Hyposphere6234 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    Before the nerfed standard covers I managed to get a couple of 4* covers, after that I got none. I could complain about getting constant 2* covers with events but once in a while I get a surprise, less than an hour ago I unlocked War Machine after I used some remaining hero points with a 0.1% chance of it happening. There's still a lot of transitioning 2* to 3* people in my alliance and everywhere else, I'm sure that they're grateful for getting the rewards that some of us take for granted.

Yeah it is annoying at first when I throw money at the game and when I use that money I'm not getting something I want out of it most of the time. But the game offers no guarantee's, it gives you the odd's of something happening and that the things you want are a little harder to reach. Usually with events some of the progression gives you a free chance of getting a reward with the same odds.

It's also annoying when something is advertised as having "better chances" with a purchasing option and only experiencing 2* covers 9\10 times. But when that 1\10 happens it's just golden. When it happens twice in one week... this week it's happened four times for me. When 2* covers drop for me I'm glad for the ISO they provide me.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZootSax wrote:

Do you happen to remember or track which 4*'s you got from standard tokens? The tracking spreadsheet linked on the forums (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... =558559716) doesn't have anything more recent than IW or XFW being pulled from Standards, so I'm wondering if 4*'s are still in standards or if they were phased out. I'm ~10,500 & counting on standard tokens without a 4* since I began tracking (and at least 2-3k of additional tokens without 4*'s before that). It's hard to figure out if I'm unlucky, if the odds are so low that I'm not unlucky but still haven't pulled any or if they were removed at some point. Who knows?

Xfdp red pulled in November last year
    Kp black in december
    Star lord purple in Feb I think
    And most recently IW yellow in April I think
  • We_are_Venom
    We_are_Venom Posts: 308 Mover and Shaker
    First round civil war token 2* cap. What a shock.
    Second, OBW. Shocker.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Second, OBW. Shocker.

I pulled a 3* Thor and very nearly crapped my pants! One more and I'm at level 183 and I get a purple RHulk I really need.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Second, OBW. Shocker.
    You got a Shocker? He's not even released yet!
  • We_are_Venom
    We_are_Venom Posts: 308 Mover and Shaker
    Quebbster wrote:
    Second, OBW. Shocker.
    You got a Shocker? He's not even released yet!

Wrong shocker ^_^

War machine on third token.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Xfdp red pulled in November last year
    Kp black in december
    Star lord purple in Feb I think
    And most recently IW yellow in April I think

Cool, thanks for posting that. I had assumed there weren't any in standard tokens anymore, so it's nice to know it's possible...even if the odds are astronomically small.