2* Tokens

We_are_Venom
We_are_Venom Posts: 308 Mover and Shaker
edited May 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
It's really deflating to work for a gold token and get a 2* every time. That's all I've got from ISO brotherhood tokens, and more often than not what I get from all the others. It's really aggravating.

Comments

• Punatulkku
    Punatulkku Posts: 228
    Im on same boat. Only 2* **** from all event tokens lately...
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I got an Iceman from one of my tokens... that was pretty cool.
  • johnmcclane
    johnmcclane Posts: 170
    I got 1 3* from the latest 40 pulls, yay!
  • Insert25c
    Insert25c Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    As much as it disappoints to get 2* fodder, I'm sure there's a newer player working up through the 2s that's loving his/her pulls
  • johnmcclane
    a 3* token would not harm icon_redface.gif
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, but would they be so disappointed to get more 3*s instead of just 2*s?
  • We_are_Venom
    mpqr7 wrote:
    Yeah, but would they be so disappointed to get more 3*s instead of just 2*s?

Standard tokens give plenty of 2*. Gold is supposed to be an improvement, but it doesn't really feel like one.
  • johnmcclane
    standard tokens (current ones): mostly 1*, a bunch of 2*, a 3* when you are lucky
    2* tokens (current ones): mostly 2*, a 3* from time to time, a 4* when you are lucky
    3* tokens: mostly 3*, a 4* from time to time
    legendary tokens (current ones): mostly 4*, a 5* when you are lucky

put 3* tokens as a higher reward than 2*s. That's it, I guess.
  • We_are_Venom
    standard tokens (current ones): mostly 1*, a bunch of 2*, a 3* when you are lucky
    2* tokens (current ones): mostly 2*, a 3* from time to time, a 4* when you are lucky

Exactly. For events you could have a standard token, a 2*, and the last one you get a 3*. We already get cp at the end so that covers 4/5*.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    It is possible to pull 4* from a standard token. I have pulled 4 from them and I have probably opened 2000 of them, so yeah bad odds but it is possible. I don't think the draw pulls for standard tokens need to be altered myself.

I agree though since the 3* meta is over they should reduce the rates on heroic and event tokens for 2* and increase the 3* and 4* to help with championing which helps the transition to 4*. In addition it would help newer players transition through the whole meta faster which is what they need to do. If you get a new player to stay, give them an incentive to continue to do so.

Or if they don't want to change the rates, simply make covers for all characters increase in iso selling costs. It may make some people decide not to champion but make all 2* covers sell for 500, 3* for 1000, 4* for 2500 etc. At least you would very slightly increase iso.
  • johnmcclane
    Warbringa wrote:
    It is possible to pull 4* from a standard token. I have pulled 4 from them and I have probably opened 2000 of them, so yeah bad odds but it is possible. I don't think the draw pulls for standard tokens need to be altered myself.

I agree though since the 3* meta is over they should reduce the rates on heroic and event tokens for 2* and increase the 3* and 4* to help with championing which helps the transition to 4*. In addition it would help newer players transition through the whole meta faster which is what they need to do. If you get a new player to stay, give them an incentive to continue to do so.

Or if they don't want to change the rates, simply make covers for all characters increase in iso selling costs. It may make some people decide not to champion but make all 2* covers sell for 500, 3* for 1000, 4* for 2500 etc. At least you would very slightly increase iso.
    Yes it is possible to get a 4* from a standard but highly improbable, I could edit the previous post but the gist of it remains the same: add a token whose tier is between legendary and heroic/PvE-related ones.
  • johnmcclane

Exactly. For events you could have a standard token, a 2*, and the last one you get a 3*. We already get cp at the end so that covers 4/5*.
    If you are talking about the third to last reward during PvE I'm with you. Collecting almost 70k points to get a Boobstone is quite frustrating.
  • archmag
    archmag Posts: 25
    Never got 4* from a standart token. And I track all of them. 3403 opened.

Also got only 2* from all 7 "Iso-8 Brotherhood" tokens. But I also got:
    1. two 3* from 10 "Meet Rocket&Groot" vault pulls
    2. five 3* and one 4* from 10 "Heart of Darkness" vault pulls
    3. four 3*, one 4* and one legendary token from 9 "The Gauntlet" vault pulls

Usually the best way to avoid being angry with bad pulls is to track all of them and then look at the whole picture. Then you can see that sometimes your pulls are actually bad, but sometimes they were really great. So it evens out in the end. Without tracking people tend to forget good streaks and only get disappointed with bad ones.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    My alliance likes to call out the good pulls so we can all celebrate our good fortune. I felt kind of bad announcing I went 3/3 pulling 5*s from classic tokens.

Oh, and, um, 3* tokens sound like a neato idea.
  • We_are_Venom

If you are talking about the third to last reward during PvE I'm with you. Collecting almost 70k points to get a Boobstone is quite frustrating.

Yeah I got a moonstone for the 70k token as well. I got captain marvel for the earlier token, Daken for the last sub, and Hawkeye for another. It's like this consistently.
  • johnmcclane
    archmag wrote:

Usually the best way to avoid being angry with bad pulls is to track all of them and then look at the whole picture. Then you can see that sometimes your pulls are actually bad, but sometimes they were really great. So it evens out in the end. Without tracking people tend to forget good streaks and only get disappointed with bad ones.
    I do keep track of good pulls, like the Bucky just before CW1 or Bobby, but they were from a vault (as the ones you cited were). We are talking about heroic tokens and PvE/PvP tokens that have not a related vault. Iso-8 Brotherhood does not have a vault and you got only 2* - so have I.
  • archmag
    archmag Posts: 25
    archmag wrote:

I do keep track of good pulls, like the Bucky just before CW1 or Bobby, but they were from a vault (as the ones you cited were). We are talking about heroic tokens and PvE/PvP tokens that have not a related vault. Iso-8 Brotherhood does not have a vault and you got only 2* - so have I.
    Ohh, right, I thought it was bad idea to give examples of the vault pulls, but that were the most recent ones and I bought 100 hp daily discount pulls so the amount of total tokens per event was higher. Obviously I have other examples of good pulls that were not from vaults. Let's talk about 10-packs that you get from pvp. I've got 14 of them and pulls were:
    1. 10x2*
    2. 5x2*+4x3*+1x4*
    3. 7x2*+3x3*
    4. 6x2*+4x3*
    5. 8x2*+1x3*+1x4*
    6. 6x2*+4x3*
    7. 9x2*+1x3*
    8. 8x2*+2x3*
    9. 5x2*+3x3*+2x4*
    10. 8x2*+2x4*
    11. 8x2*+2x3*
    12. 5x2*+4x3*+1x4*
    13. 5x2*+4x3*+1x4*
    14. 8x2*+2x3*
    As you can see there are some disappointing ones, like 1, 7, 8, 11 but at the same time there are some really good ones, like 2, 4, 9, 12, 13. In the end it all averages out and is nice to look at as a whole.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    I too have pulled 7 Iso 8 Brotherhood tokens an I too have "won" 7 2*s. Not very encouraging or rewarding to keep fighting the same damn villains for the same worthless prizes. You guys really need to step it up in the rewards department. If you can't see your way to give us better odds at least give us more when we sell our garbage.

1* sells for 500 iso
    2* sells for 1000 iso
    3* sells for 2500 iso
    4* sells for 7500 iso
    5* sells for 20,000 iso

That is sell value based on rarity that is fair and rewarding to the player and at least if we get something we can't use we at least get something that makes it feel less a sting when we have to sell it.
  • Natsufan01
    Natsufan01 Posts: 259 Mover and Shaker
    snlf25 wrote:
    1* sells for 500 iso

They would NEVER do this. You can buy a standard for 500 iso. I would buy all day long, knowing that I would not lose any iso no matter what, and I would be consistently gaining iso for any 2*, and 3* and 4* covers would just take patience and hundreds or thousands of pulls.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Natsufan01 wrote:
    snlf25 wrote:
    1* sells for 500 iso

They would NEVER do this. You can buy a standard for 500 iso. I would buy all day long, knowing that I would not lose any iso no matter what, and I would be consistently gaining iso for any 2*, and 3* and 4* covers would just take patience and hundreds or thousands of pulls.

They can change the cost to buy a token up to reflect the new value or just plain remove the ability to buy Standards all together.