Tournament Points - Split from Patch Preview: R41

Options
1235»

Comments

• Mebbe a solution to low char attacks. Reduce wins/losses by 30% for every char lost.
    And no counters to counters will help alot to.
    And attack ranges. Soo you gotta work your way up the ranks before you can try the high pointed guys. Like 60%-130% but always can counter (once).
  • after an hour of play, something i've randomly noticed. i seem to only gotten notified of points loss from ppl i've attacked ie retaliations.

or am i just having a good luck streak (just made it to 800)

edit: of course as soon as i typed this post, i got hit by diebomber, who i never attacked.
  • I agree something needs to be done about the point system. I totally hate it when I wake up in the morning to see I have lost hundreds of points and I cannot do anything about it as I have to go work (i live in Singapore).

Losing fix amount of points is an idea...or why do we need to lose points at all? Just climb the ladder. Make some of the award more spaced out.

Alternatively why 3 tries? Just one attempt. U lose then you lose points.
  • Actually. It does work. Thrilled to reach that 500 gold in tourneys verry hard but you can manage even as non payer. Only final rankings are screwed up this way.
  • Maybe if the game didn't drop you below your last milestone it would help things. It is a little frustrating to gain 150 points in the course of a day and wake up with a 200 point loss. If the game simply stopped you at your last milestone it wouldn't be as frustrating. Also would encourage people to play all week since you could simply not make a mad dash up the ranks at the end if the majority of the high levels are somewhere permanently in the 1000's.

That's my thought at least.
  • forgrim wrote:
    i'm pro decoupling the progression rewards compared to the ranking rewards. everytime i pushed for 1200 the past day, i would get close and get shot back down after i come back out from a battle and 1-2 people have hit me or retaliated against me. i wouldn't also mind making the rewards harder to get (more wins etc) so that at least we have a goal to strive for. right now, the progression rewards is just hit everyone as fast as you can and pray that u don't get hit. which is kind of ridiculous.

I'm for decoupling the rewards. As for the points drop, since I'm still not a top-end player (I still don't see many level 80+ toons around) hopefully the new matchmaking system will take care of that since similarly ranked players should be matched against each other more often, right?
  • This is getting a bit annoying. I've played all avidly all week the last three tourneys just to see my points drop over 200 in the last 20 mins, and the over 20 in rank. I've tried stocking up and playing through the last hour, but I'm literally losing twice the amount of points I gain during this time. Is there any way to scale this better for future tourneys? I love the game a lot, and play several times a day, I know I can't be the only one frustrated on this message board....
  • no..except the point loss is reduced to half. at last 5 minute ,i am at #1 1050, trying to defend the point with more attacks. but seems like rare to find someone worth 25+. and ...at the last minute drop to920. rank2..that's still okay.daman it's hard to be at #1 no matter what ur team is.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    No, you're not the only one. Merged your post with the existing topic.
  • When you're #1, and 300 points above everyone else, the best you can hope for is 10 points per battle. Then when one of them retaliates you lose 30+ points. It's tough.

If there were NPC teams which could be used to help others advance to higher levels. That might alleviate the problem. A problem would be supplying these NPC teams with rank points.

A couple solutions
    1. A rank tax from all players at designated intervals. A static amount or percentage based on rank. The latter is probably the better choice as it benefits the higher ranks.
    2. Have NPC team cycle through the roster and AI vs AI attempt to reclaim points.
    3. Risk points with a boosted NPC team (like the teams in Heroic Mode). Team gets more difficult as it gets lower on rank points. (always provides the same amount of rank points, and stays at the same rank).
    4. Outside of the NPC team idea, Implement a handicap system. Put higher level players on an even footing (or disadvantage) with the opponent. Boost and provide the opponent with AP
  • What if you limit the points "lost" if you're a high ranked player and somebody who just started attacks you. So if I've been playing all week and I'm theoretically sticking around 1200 somebody who starts on Friday could only drop somebodies points by like 10. If at some point I can't even make 1 point off of a low ranked player a low ranking player shouldn't be able to knock me down by 30+ points.