Games feel laggy since update

2»

Comments

• Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    Phumade wrote:
    I'd pay 15 bucks for the option to turn off animations.
    Don't give them any more terrible ideas like that battle pack. This option needed to be available two years ago, along with the +1 level button, and it needs to be implemented for free.
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Smudge wrote:
    Phumade wrote:
    Don't give them any more terrible ideas like that battle pack. This option needed to be available two years ago, along with the +1 level button, and it needs to be implemented for free.

I'll plus one that.

Some of my favorite RPGs are ones where you can speed things up by turning off animations (Disgaea mwha)

+1 Level just needs to happen. Or make it so if I hold the ISO button down it doesn't reset on level up....
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    Smudge wrote:
    Phumade wrote:

Actually that's exactly the kind of feature that tends to end up in a monthly subscription model. All the irritating things to players.

- ability to turn off animations
    - +1 level button
    - boosts don't auto remain on for next fight (hate when I forget to remove them when I am in a hurry)
    - covers never expire
    - free skips

You put those plus a few other annoying things into a subscription that also gives boosted ISO rewards, boosted resupply tokens (standard becomes heroic, heroic becomes legendary) and players will be taking out that subscription.

KGB
  • cozmo1682
    cozmo1682 Posts: 135 Tile Toppler
    Cage is making the punch, then its saying jab, jab, cross and laying the CD title. Very annoying
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Fun thing now is I get the Victory banner before the last power launches, about 80-85% of the time. (Also Steam sucker, er...user)
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    I've noticed the lag always comes after the enemy places a CD tile. Takes an extra 2 seconds before it either continues their turn or becomes my turn.

Irritating. Android

This, same on iPhone.

Some of it is the naming of the AI CD tiles on placement, but then there's a big delay after that.
  • Edelkin
    Edelkin Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    FIX THE LAG. It's becoming ridiculous.
  • I'm on PC/Steam and I have also noticed a lag, especially whenever the computer places a mook's countdown tile.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    For some people, free skipping would pay for itself...
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ironically, the server lag can actually be helpful.

Generally, coming out of a hop, you will know if you got hit or not. If you know a retal is coming in, you have just enough time to start another match, before the hit registers on your screen and overwrites a node.

Specifically, you may have organized some CC ques, and the server lag will allow you to start that match before the retal over writes that cc.

With that said, trying to shield won't make a difference. The hit has already happened. The only thing you can do is try and preserve any important nodes that you don't want to see overwritten.