Games feel laggy since update

gigatilburg29
gigatilburg29 Posts: 88 Match Maker
edited May 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Am i the only one experiencing this? Since the update the game feels laggy, im a ios user.

Comments

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    What's your current hardware? I run an 1st gen ipad mini and it feels slow and laggy to me.
  • dider152
    dider152 Posts: 263
    I've noticed the same thing too. Sometimes matches go smoothly, sometimes there is a noticeable lag before some moves, or even after the computer does its turn.
  • boldfacedfemme
    boldfacedfemme Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2016
    I've noticed the lag always comes after the enemy places a CD tile. Takes an extra 2 seconds before it either continues their turn or becomes my turn.

Irritating. Android
  • johnmcclane
    johnmcclane Posts: 170
    Same to me, iPhone5.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Laggy since patch, yes. Still get blank screen and crash after pvp matches sometimes. That's more annoying.
  • djpt05
    djpt05 Posts: 178
    The enemy does take a few ticks more now to match a tile after they fire an ability.

I feel like I can't match as quickly after I launch an ability either.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Welcome to the PC/Steam version. I am running this on a screaming gaming rig, and it still loves to not click on the right tiles or move them slowly every other update, some worse than others (and some resulting in crashes).

Admittedly I run it in a windowed (rather than full) version.
  • PriceCzech
    PriceCzech Posts: 63 Match Maker
    Same thing on Android. Running on an HTC 10.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Steam version is definitely laggy now.
    It doesn't seem uniform either, sometimes the AI has rattled off its 4+ moves in a row and then there's a noticable pause of about 2 seconds before they actually make their tile move. Minion fights swap to their side and wait 2 seconds before allowing me to do anything.

The game's been unresponsive for some time now with me unable to switch tabs during the enemy's move unless the Demi Gods decree it, otherwise making me wait until 2-3 seconds after my move has started. And whenever it's my turn I have to wait 2 seconds before I can do anything.

It's just gotten worse since the last patch, is all.

And for the love of Mike when are they going to speed up the kitty Pyro animation?
  • Jwhitmire36
    Jwhitmire36 Posts: 52 Match Maker
    I'm on iOS and seeing a weird bug with Hand goons Turn to Smoke, when downing the goon the Turn to Smoke banner flashes first before anything else including the match damage.

Also seeing the delay after AI places CD tiles
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    There is a thread on this on bugs/technical already. I am a Steam user and one of the recent updates in the past week or two has caused this. I think it may only be on PCs but not sure. There is a delay after powers are fired and everything is just taking way more time than it should. I know it was an issue in the past they fixed but obviously one of the new patches undid it.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Warbringa wrote:
    There is a thread on this on bugs/technical already. I am a Steam user and one of the recent updates in the past week or two has caused this. I think it may only be on PCs but not sure. There is a delay after powers are fired and everything is just taking way more time than it should. I know it was an issue in the past they fixed but obviously one of the new patches undid it.

The patch to R101 is to blame.

R101 also undid a fix for another issue where in a wave node, when switching to the next wave and transitioning the turn to the AI, the AI characters from the next wave could trigger abilities before swapping in those new characters. This means characters that have self or own-team damaging abilities (Hulk, Ares, Sentry) can use those without repercussions. It may also break the association between countdown tile and character, leading to lingering countdown.

As I've said before: the developers are falling painfully short in their regression testing.
  • elusive
    elusive Posts: 261 Mover and Shaker
    _RiO_ wrote:
    As I've said before: the developers are falling painfully short in their regression testing.

They have testers? I thought they had us test everything.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    After AI uses a power, there is a about a 2 second delay, before I can do anything.

*sigh
  • boldfacedfemme
    boldfacedfemme Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Hmm.. Well it's nice to know I'm not the one dealing with it. I thought I was imagining the delay.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    And for the love of Mike when are they going to speed up the kitty Pyro animation?

you know, shut my mouth. I've been complaining about that kitty thing for two and a half years and just noticed that they HAVE fixed that kitty animation! It plays out in about 2 seconds now! Thank you VERY much, devs!
  • mazerat
    mazerat Posts: 118
    My Nexus 5X is fine but I wouldn't be surprised if older phones were having trouble. I have noticed that if a power will kill the last opponent I'll get the "Victory" flag first and then the power will go off and the mob will die.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    mazerat wrote:
    My Nexus 5X is fine but I wouldn't be surprised if older phones were having trouble. I have noticed that if a power will kill the last opponent I'll get the "Victory" flag first and then the power will go off and the mob will die.

Been getting that on Steam.
  • Wolarsen
    Wolarsen Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    I find lag playing from Steam. It is like if the AI would think more its movement.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd pay 15 bucks for the option to turn off animations. Aside from the fact, it would instantly double scores, the animations are eating up alot of cpu cycles that could be better used on improving stability. I really do think having the ability to turn off the eyecandy means the app can survive another 2 or 3 generations of hardware.

Its ironic that the longer an app survives in the marketplace, the bigger, slower and buggier they become. Its like reverse darwinism for software.