edited May 2018 in MPQ General Discussion
Forum Thread
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2016
    looks like 11 and 12 are identical

edit: maybe 7 and 8 too? and 3 and 4. think you meant to change those to $20. copy/paste doh!
  • LXSandman
    LXSandman Posts: 196 Tile Toppler
    I'm sorry I couldn't answer anything.

$20 and $25 a month is way to much for anything you added.
  • Redrobot30
    Redrobot30 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Some of them are identical, but the point is clear...

If they want to start offering subscriptions then yes, they should have multiple offers. Think magazine offers. No magazine company is going to offer only one subscription and say take it or leave it. Some people have different interest points than others. This is a great topic Aes!
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    $300 a year?! icon_eek.gif I'll pass, thanks.
  • PeterGibbons316
    PeterGibbons316 Posts: 1,063
    My ISO shortage is not that bad. For $100 I can get 20k HP, and 7 classic LTs.....immediately (well, in as long as it takes to get a buy club going - typically within a couple days). If I spend a chunk of that HP on a 40-pack I get another LT and then still have enough HP left over to last me several seasons.

I think I've said on here a number of times that I would pay $10/month for a 50% increase in ISO rewards (and if I'm being honest with myself I think I would probably be willing to pay that for a 25% increase as well - but don't tell D3 I said that!). But my HP I like to get from buy clubs as I run out rather than on a monthly basis.
  • LordXberk
    LordXberk Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    Just waaaaay too expensive at $20-25/mo. Would potentially consider the current offering for $5/mo and maybe $10/mo sometimes, though.

I do really like the idea of an ISO boost - 30% more ISO for $5-10 would be worth it, IMO bcs I feel like I could turn that into 200k ISO per month.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    I voted 14. I posted a counter proposal in the other thread but it's on page 3 of a 6+ page post so may not have been seen by very many people.

They should be offering the following for $9.99 a month:

1) ISO bonus based on your resupply anniversary date. Day 0-365 normal ISO reward. Day 366-720 double ISO reward. Day 721-1095 triple ISO reward and so on.
    2) Resupply Token upgrade based on you resupply anniversary date. Day 0-365 normal. Day 366+ all Standard resupply tokens are instead Heroic and all Heroic resupply tokens are instead Legendary.
    3) Opened covers never expire (if you stop renewing your subscription all covers start the normal 14 day count down).
    4) Loaner Character for all PvE/DDQ essentials. So if you are missing the required character for one of the essential nodes (eg. Rocket&Groot in current PvE) you get a loaner 1/1/1 in the same manner you do in PvP.

#4 helps veteran players because they can free up roster slots by dropping useless 2* characters. It helps new players because they can do essential nodes in PvE and more importantly win a 2nd Taco token in DDQ and do the Big Enchilada so they can start rostering 3*s even when they aren't lucky enough to get that 3* from a token.

More importantly this subscription doesn't infringe on buying HP or ISO (assuming anyone does that icon_lol.gif)

KGB
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm on day 640 and have spent $65 which breaks down to just over $3/month. Sorry, I'm not going to "subscribe" to a mobile game
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:
    I'm on day 640 and have spent $65 which breaks down to just over $3/month. Sorry, I'm not going to "subscribe" to a mobile game

on day 570 i think and spent about the same and will never have to spend anymore.. 24 open slots (120) and make 2 to 3000 a month free
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    I will give the same response as I did to the in game survey.

$20 will always be adjusted to £20. The average working wage is not much different in the UK to the US yet our cost of living is higher (imagine paying $8 for a gallon of petrol). By being patient and a careful shopper I can buy a game for the 2DS for that much which is far greater value for money.
  • Thevipper
    Thevipper Posts: 90
    I think all of those options you proposed are kinda crazy but 50,000 or 100,000 iso for $20 is nice. 20% or 30% for $20 is nice if i had to pay $25 i would want another legendary token
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    Linkster79 wrote:
    I will give the same response as I did to the in game survey.

$20 will always be adjusted to £20. The average working wage is not much different in the UK to the US yet our cost of living is higher (imagine paying $8 for a gallon of petrol). By being patient and a careful shopper I can buy a game for the 2DS for that much which is far greater value for money.

I agree $20 is too much. $5 is really the ideal price point. That's equivalent to a Latte at Starbucks and I see lineups of people in Starbucks buying $5 Lattes daily (often multiple per day).

The point is that value for your money is in the eye of the beholder. When you think how millions of people drop $5 a day on a cup of coffee, $10 a month for a game experience that lasts a hell of a lot longer than a cup of coffee seems super cheap...

KGB
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    No $10 option, no money from me. Sorry, but I'm not subscribing to anything for more than that.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    The 100k Iso option seems tempting... until I realise that beginning players will have access to that as well (how would you gate a purchase?) and will absolutely blaze through 1*-4* transition, making a mockery of my past 2 years of grinding.

Neither of the options or the ones offered in the poll are good for that very same reason.
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    You're paying subscription for a match 3 game.....
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Completely irregardless of what is offered?

I'm up to "P" in my Big Book of Big Words, and when I passed "I" I noticed that there is now such a word as "irregardless". It's one of those strange ones that sound ridiculous but mean the same when you chop the first few letters off:

irregardless = regardless
    inflammable = flammable

I have a liking for words that have two completely opposite meanings, like "cleave", or "dust".

But I digress, and we now return to our regularly scheduled program.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2016
    Whoa, wait .... you wouldn't even spot new player's the measly 10K A MONTH the devs floated??? That may be the coldest "get off my lawn" this forum has ever seen icon_lol.gif

With regards to this is not that I'd resent new players getting 10k iso, but rather that the model is bad. If we all happily embrace it, we'll entirely renounce to the possibility of ever having something like what you yourself describe, adjusted to a player's station. Although it is very likely that the devs and number crunchers are already set on their ways about what they want to do, now it may be the only chance we have to tell them that we want something better before it's implemented. The fact that the two options they give have exactly the same content show that they know how little what they are offering actually costs and are trying to test the waters to see if they can get away with overcharging for it.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    The survey didn't float a subscription on me... It was a one of purchaas available every month once a month.

Its similar but better in my opinion. I don't like subscriptions of any kind.

Your poll options were all in the mould of

Pay every month without fail.

I don't like that idea so i voted brewsters milions style.

Your packs are good and reasonable just not the forced subscription
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pylgrim wrote:
    The 100k Iso option seems tempting... until I realise that beginning players will have access to that as well (how would you gate a purchase?) and will absolutely blaze through 1*-4* transition, making a mockery of my past 2 years of grinding.

Neither of the options or the ones offered in the poll are good for that very same reason.

Aaaaand what exactly will a brand new player spend that iso on?

Will they suddenly get a flood of covers because they got iso lol?

Its a worthless currency to a new player let them have it. Until they get covers the iso is of no use. And should they be unlucky enough to pull a 5* and level that with their iso they will almost certainly make sure their progress is halted.

They will be scrooge mcduck in a land when the only thing their gold can buy is a giant in which to store it
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    Sorry, but there's a ton of MMPORGs that cost less and offer a lot more than a match 3 game. I'd probably buy the proposed package for 3-5€ if 5stars where attainable on a basis other than pure luck and if there was a solution for the ISO famine.