Rewards that don't make sense

We_are_Venom
We_are_Venom Posts: 308 Mover and Shaker
edited May 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Heroic tokens giving 2* characters

5k in PvP season gives 1k ISO, while 4k is minimum 2.5k even if you get all 2* and sell them

Hardest nodes in a sub giving 70 ISO -_^

1k ISO for PvP subs 3 different levels, 2 being high levels

These have been bothering me, I bet I'm missing many

Comments

• Lilith
    Lilith Posts: 65 Match Maker
    Critical Boosts... ever?
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Scoring 1300+ each PVP, plus 2000+ in Sim, for a season total of 15000+, yet season progression rewards stop after 10000 points.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    PVE Placement Awards:
    301-400: star.pngstar.png + 250 iso8.png = 500 iso8.png
    401-500: token_standard.png x 3 + 250 iso8.png = 550 iso8.png (minimum--up to 1,750 iso8.png maximum)
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    A Gauntlet scaled for 5* rosters with only a 4* cover as the top reward?
  • PeterGibbons316
    PeterGibbons316 Posts: 1,063
    mpqr7 wrote:
    Scoring 1300+ each PVP, plus 2000+ in Sim, for a season total of 15000+, yet season progression rewards stop after 10000 points.
    That and 15k won't get you top 100, which is worth what, 4 or 5 heroics? The season placement rewards are a joke.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png limited to the top 10 out of 1000 players in the current (and most) story mode placement awards.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 wrote:
    That and 15k won't get you top 100, which is worth what, 4 or 5 heroics? The season placement rewards are a joke.

This drives me nuts. I used to get Top 250 (4 heroics) for months and months by scoring a total season score of around 5000 - 6000. Then I got a good OML, and I was able to jump up to Top 25 (2 Heroic 10-packs) ONCE. Now that the game has put me in a veteran PVP bracket, so I'm back in the Top 100 - Top 250 world, even though I generally make around 16000 - 17000 which is crazy because in other brackets, that would easily place me at #1. But instead, I need to compete against people who make 3000-4000+ per pvp. Which is fine for them but not something I have any interest in doing.

Because in the end, I would need to spend countless hours and hero points just to win a few more heroic packs, which mostly just translate to 250 iso each.
  • We_are_Venom
    2 day sub giving the same placement rewards as one day subs. Twice as long should be double the rewards.
  • Square-Chopper
    Square-Chopper Posts: 54 Match Maker
    The entire PVE reward structure.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have limited sympathy for those who score 20k+ in a season. The rewards are listed in advance. So people know that The return on investment is limited. So if players choose to wildly exceed the max rewards, that's a player's choice.

But, to the larger issue of rewards not matching the meta, that's a huge problem and has been ever since the endgame switched to 4* land with carnage in the summer of 2015.

The only changes that demiurge has made since that time are (1) pve now awards 4*s to top 10, and (2) LTs, and (3) 4* ddq, and (4) modest 4* drop rate bumps inherpic tokens that keep 4*s around .2% each. At best all these changes amount to 5 extra 4* covers a week k and that's with insane grinding in pve and enough 4* covers to pass every ddq). That's not nearly enough given the release rate of a new 4* every 2 weeks.

It's a massive problem that only gets worse as more 4*s are released. And the fact that alliance rewards are still just 3*s also reduces the incentives for alliance play significantly.
  • mpqr7
    Vhailorx wrote:
    I have limited sympathy for those who score 20k+ in a season.

That's why I generally just score 1300 per pvp. So that way I get the 25 cp each pvp. I don't see any reason to hop into the rat race and try to get way more points. Sometimes I can do a bit more, like 1400 or 1500, but there's no reason to jump into the multi-thousands group, as it's extremely time-consuming and doesn't offer any major increase in rewards; at most it moves me from top 100 in that pvp to top 50.
  • Wooodd
    Wooodd Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    500 point reward in shield sim = 500 iso8.png
    1,800 point reward in shield sim = 500 iso8.png

icon_e_confused.gificon_e_confused.gificon_e_confused.gif
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    The entire PVE reward structure.

Every time I hit those early progressions that give 140 iso each I just scowl at the game like a waitress that just got tipped in coins.
  • PeterGibbons316
    Vhailorx wrote:
    I have limited sympathy for those who score 20k+ in a season. The rewards are listed in advance. So people know that The return on investment is limited. So if players choose to wildly exceed the max rewards, that's a player's choice.
    What? No. People aren't scoring 20k for the season rewards, they do it for event rewards. T5 gets you a nice chunk of ISO, a couple CP, some HP, and 3 champ covers (assuming you have the character you just fought to earn).

And certainly no one is battling it out each event to try and get top season placements. The amount of HP you would have to spend to get a handful more heroic tokens just plain doesn't make any sense.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx wrote:
    What? No. People aren't scoring 20k for the season rewards, they do it for event rewards. T5 gets you a nice chunk of ISO, a couple CP, some HP, and 3 champ covers (assuming you have the character you just fought to earn).

And certainly no one is battling it out each event to try and get top season placements. The amount of HP you would have to spend to get a handful more heroic tokens just plain doesn't make any sense.

Same principal applies. From a structural perspective, the rewards are obviously insufficient in this game. The rewards don't even come close to matching the resources needed even to keep pace with the rate of growth in the game. For that, I am sympathetic with the plight of all players in a general sense.

But I maintain that little specific sympathy is necessary for those who choose to invest vast quantities of HP and time in racking up very high pvp scores (which, I concede are mostly for per-event rewards rather than the pitiful season rewards).
  • aa25
    aa25 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker

5k in PvP season gives 1k ISO, while 4k is minimum 2.5k even if you get all 2* and sell them

Should this read - Reaching 5k in PvP season gets 1k iso AND the 10-pack (and other stuffs below them) ?

Set that aside, I generally agree with you. The rewards tier seems a bit funny from time to time. Although, some of those can be considered as "breaking point" (in my opinion, 4k season progression is one of those.)
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    mpqr7 wrote:

Skip the first event of the season, don't even do Shield Sim and you will most likely find that 13700 will get you a top 25 place. I have 600(ish) points and am currently in a top 100 position and have a solid 3* roster. I play casual and score about 800 per event but life happened so only just started the season.
  • We_are_Venom
    aa25 wrote:

Should this read - Reaching 5k in PvP season gets 1k iso AND the 10-pack (and other stuffs below them) ?

Set that aside, I generally agree with you. The rewards tier seems a bit funny from time to time. Although, some of those can be considered as "breaking point" (in my opinion, 4k season progression is one of those.)

I think it's self explanatory that it does, so I'm unsure what point you are making. Progression is going forward, while the reward is backward.
  • PeterGibbons316
    Linkster79 wrote:
    mpqr7 wrote:

Skip the first event of the season, don't even do Shield Sim and you will most likely find that 13700 will get you a top 25 place. I have 600(ish) points and am currently in a top 100 position and have a solid 3* roster. I play casual and score about 800 per event but life happened so only just started the season.
    I thought about doing this one season, but I looked at the Top 25 season rewards and it doesn't even come close to making up the 25 CP, 3*, and 4* covers I would lose by not competing in that first event.
  • mpqr7
    Plus alliances aren't crazy about people who score low to improve their own individual placement.