POLL: Meet Rocket & Groot - New PVE - Like/Dislike?

Azoth658
Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
edited May 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi All,

So there are threads in different locations and the most vocal views are clearly coming from the elite players who can reach top 10 etc and are frustrated by the new format.

But I've seen a small sampling of other views and my own is different to these vocal outbursts. Therefore I thought it would be interesting to see a poll where users can remain anonymous to avoid the fiery backlash of the top players or simply can't be bothered to echo the views already being shared.

If you want to discuss your vote feel free to talk about it and if you don't want to please vote anyway.

I look forward to seeing how the community votes.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got the CP with 1.75 days left in sub 2, easiest progression ever. Loving the scaling and the trivials as well.

This one is the keeper.. some minor bugs with the farmable 20 points and pts regen, but easy enough to work out.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Difficulty is wrong again. Good rosters are again penalized, specially if you have buffed chars (like I do, having 4hor and Rhulk championed doesn't help me because they don't play well together but the systems adds the buffed levels of both).

Easy nodes back is a plus. 4 clears instead of 6 is also better.

20 points victories is also a problem and it should be removed.

So dislike, cons are worse than pros.

I prefer A LOT more the old system and the old scaling.
  • AsylumTKJ
    AsylumTKJ Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    Too much time consuming in the evening with the both grind we have to chain at beginning and end of the subs.
  • Azoth658
    AsylumTKJ wrote:
    Too much time consuming in the evening with the both grind we have to chain at beginning and end of the subs.

But can't you space those evening hits on nodes throughout the day or are you trying to play "optimally"?

I found I can play whenever I want in each 24 hours and hit the progression markers for each sub with ease. I'm at 23000 points with 2 and half days still to go because I don't have to play "optimally" like previously.
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    dislike.

in the old system, I could easily structure my day and play style to maintain top 100 status.

this is the 4th (?) test, and I have yet to figure out how to place that high. this 'test' format caters to those with the most valuable resource of all: time. again, I could efficiently manage my time and my life in the old system. now it's just a wild west type of vibe where the ones who can jump in with a 4 hour block of time can blow through several times and then farm for points later.

I am now at a 'dislike' level, which is up a tick from the 'flaming hatred' level of past tests. this is due to the adjustments in scaling. thank you for listening to us on that. now please listen to us on the other complaints.
  • Azoth658
    Malcrof wrote:
    Got the CP with 1.75 days left in sub 2, easiest progression ever. Loving the scaling and the trivials as well.

This one is the keeper.. some minor bugs with the farmable 20 points and pts regen, but easy enough to work out.

I'll be interested to see more on the 20pt thing at the end of the event. Maybe the developer could tell us how many points were 20pts as a proportion compared with how many 1pts used to get grinded? (Wait what am I thinking... Information being shared icon_twisted.gif )
  • Lukoil
    Lukoil Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    Azoth658 wrote:
    AsylumTKJ wrote:

But can't you space those evening hits on nodes throughout the day or are you trying to play "optimally"?

I found I can play whenever I want in each 24 hours and hit the progression markers for each sub with ease. I'm at 23000 points with 2 and half days still to go because I don't have to play "optimally" like previously.
    What placement are you now?
  • AsylumTKJ
    Azoth658 wrote:
    AsylumTKJ wrote:

I try to play as optimally as I can, aiming a Top10 rank for this pve, as I badly need this red Cyk cover.
    The other reason is I have real problems with online, competitive games. I'm unable to reason myself and play casualy... I'm always aiming the best I can get.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    I voted "like". While there are some big, outstanding concerns especially for the high-end players, this has easily been the best of the test events in terms of scaling difficulty and appropriate target for the 25CP progression. If they're going to change format anyway, this is a step in the right direction. We're maybe one or two more tests from a really playable format...and for guys like me who aren't competitive anyway, it's about there now.
  • Malcrof
    Maybe a clarifyer for the poll.. those of us who dont care about placement, just progression and iso farming, this rocks.. can get my 7/7 whenever i feel like it, easily hit top progression and all node rewards.. without having to schedule anything .. my day is mine now.

Old system, if you did 7/7 immediately to get the iso, you lose out on top progression.

So , for non-competitive pve players, this is amazing.. for those trying for t10.. i am sure someone will figure out optimal once it is live, but for now must be a headache.
  • Azoth658
    Lukoil wrote:
    Azoth658 wrote:
    AsylumTKJ wrote:

What placement are you now?

72 as I only did 4 clears on sub 1 and 4 clears on sub 2. (apart from a couple of command point nodes in the first sub)

@AsylumTKJ - Yes I once placed number 1 many moons ago and after that I gave up trying to place as the game has become super competitive as the top rewards are given to such a low %. I just had to come to terms that I now need to find a way to play as little as possible in PVE and get the max progression rewards.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:
    Difficulty is wrong again. Good rosters are again penalized, specially if you have buffed chars (like I do, having 4hor and Rhulk championed doesn't help me because they don't play well together but the systems adds the buffed levels of both).

They seriously need to take the base levels of boosted characters and not their boosted level, the player rather than the difficulty is what should be getting the boost from them.
  • cyineedsn
    cyineedsn Posts: 361 Mover and Shaker
    Malcrof wrote:
    Maybe a clarifyer for the poll.. those of us who dont care about placement, just progression and iso farming, this rocks.. can get my 7/7 whenever i feel like it, easily hit top progression and all node rewards.. without having to schedule anything .. my day is mine now.

Old system, if you did 7/7 immediately to get the iso, you lose out on top progression.

So , for non-competitive pve players, this is amazing.. for those trying for t10.. i am sure someone will figure out optimal once it is live, but for now must be a headache.

Agreed, loving the more casual and schedule free pace of play.

However, t10 aside, I'm really interested in what kind of play will be necessary to make t100 during new character releases. Will it take 4 clears right away and then an X hour grind at the end? Will we manage with 4 hits spaced out but with an X hour grind? etc?
  • I don't understand how the enemies levels go up and the missions become more difficult you still get really lame rewards, not just for beating that mission, but also for building up points as well.
    It's like winning the Olympics first place and getting a participation trophy at the end instead of the gold.

I also agree with others on the difficulty. Shouldn't it be based on the characters you use and not what you have in your roster? Just bc I have two lvl 270 characters in my roster doesn't mean they are used. Hey don't get used bc they only have one power. Maybe instead of going based on the level you should go based on the number of covers they have. I.e. if you have a level 70 three star chances are you only have one cover which doesn't make them that strong however if you have a lvl 70 two star you have multiple covers making the fight a little easier due to the fact that you may have two of three covers full.
  • Jam_Adams
    I feel like you people's opinions are being influenced by the really low progression target. which, by the way, changes every event, and sometimes quite significantly depending on what socks Programmer B is wearing that day.

what would your opinion be if the target was the in 40s like the other three runs of this event?

it just seems a little off that the past targets were 44, 44 and 46 (or similar) and now it's 30? I would not expect this to be the norm. it's seemingly obvious that that lowered it intentionally to get people's participation up since this is a test. the last time the target was abnormally low was the most recent test IIRC. I like that I will get that LT. but I am trying not to let that cloud my judgement.
  • Malcrof
    Crowl wrote:
    Polares wrote:

They seriously need to take the base levels of boosted characters and not their boosted level, the player rather than the difficulty is what should be getting the boost from them.

Not sure where you are finding the penalty.. boosted champ Rulk and a lvl 400 5* here, with another 350, so my t3 avg out to over 350 easily. my highest node scaling topped out at 351, and it is all goons anyway.. maybe 1-2 minutes to clear? Seems like perfect scaling to me. No penalty anywhere.. if i had a champ 4thor, it would be even easier..

Scaling is actually perfectly fine on this one. I may think differently on the Doom/Mystique goon fed nodes in the final sub, but i doubt it, even an underleveled 4Thor and im40 can make short work of those, and sub 2 is so easy, i don't even bother with my 5*, i play around with lots of teams, because i can finally do that again.
  • Jam_Adams
    also, let's revisit when sub 3 hits (when you get doom, mystique and feeders), which is historically way harder than sub 2 (mostly goons only nodes)
  • AsylumTKJ
    Jam_Adams wrote:
    I feel like you people's opinions are being influenced by the really low progression target. which, by the way, changes every event, and sometimes quite significantly depending on what socks Programmer B is wearing that day.

what would your opinion be if the target was the in 40s like the other three runs of this event?

it just seems a little off that the past targets were 44, 44 and 46 (or similar) and now it's 30? I would not expect this to be the norm. it's seemingly obvious that that lowered it intentionally to get people's participation up since this is a test. the last time the target was abnormally low was the most recent test IIRC. I like that I will get that LT. but I am trying not to let that cloud my judgement.

Totally agree with this.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2016
    I think I've crossed just over indifferent to liking it. The placement rewards are still broken. Heck, the whole idea of it being competitive is messed up. But, so long as the 25 CP progression is fairly attainable without too much grind, I can just get my CP, accept that the competitive side is broken, and ignore it.
    Jam_Adams wrote:

Absolutely, I am. When I say I like this version, the attainable progressing is exactly the feature I like. If progression isn't supposed to be part of the "do you like this?" question, then no. The more reasonable progression just helps in looking over the competitive problems.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:
    Difficulty is wrong again. Good rosters are again penalized, specially if you have buffed chars (like I do, having 4hor and Rhulk championed doesn't help me because they don't play well together but the systems adds the buffed levels of both)
    Not seeing this. I have high levels in both and have no trouble pushing to 7/7 on every node.

I'm in a kind S5 bracket, and have been tied with people in the top 10 after starting 4 hours last and hitting each node 4 times in both the first and second subs. I took each node in the first sub to 7/7 but did not grind any further, and finished 9th. 1st and 2nd place appear to be grinding 20's to ensure their placement. I do see the potential for abuse, and feel they should make every node bottom out at 1.

The 25 cp is set ridiculously low. If ridiculously low gets me the cp less than halfway through the event, then a reasonable threshold should be obtainable with reasonable effort throughout the event.