There is no ISO shortage

2»

Comments

• Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    TxMoose wrote:
    I don't want to "level everyone". i already have a ~7-8 million iso deficit to level the covers currently in my roster. what i take issue with is the release rate outpacing the rate at which iso can be earned. so, not only do i have an enormous iso deficit in my roster, it only gets worse with every new release in the game, roughly 5 characters every 2 months. 5 characters which, eventually will need over 2 million iso, when, even if i work my butt off, i might scrape 1.2-1.5 mil together over those 2 months if there isn't a gauntlet or CW event.

Your leading statement seems to contradict the rest of your content. You say you don't want to level everyone, then you go on to bemoan a rapid release rate with insufficient iso to level them. Which is it?

You are free to max-champ every character in the game. What do you really need to play? How many maxed out 4* do you have that you never use? How many of your underleveled max covers would you use if you had the Iso?

Maxing out every single character is not part of the rubric. You don't *need* to max out every single one, ergo, there is no "deficit" except that which you create for yourself.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Calnexin wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:
    I don't want to "level everyone". i already have a ~7-8 million iso deficit to level the covers currently in my roster. what i take issue with is the release rate outpacing the rate at which iso can be earned. so, not only do i have an enormous iso deficit in my roster, it only gets worse with every new release in the game, roughly 5 characters every 2 months. 5 characters which, eventually will need over 2 million iso, when, even if i work my butt off, i might scrape 1.2-1.5 mil together over those 2 months if there isn't a gauntlet or CW event.

Your leading statement seems to contradict the rest of your content. You say you don't want to level everyone, then you go on to bemoan a rapid release rate with insufficient iso to level them. Which is it?

You are free to max-champ every character in the game. What do you really need to play? How many maxed out 4* do you have that you never use? How many of your underleveled max covers would you use if you had the Iso?

Maxing out every single character is not part of the rubric. You don't *need* to max out every single one, ergo, there is no "deficit" except that which you create for yourself.
    I just see the usable portion of my roster becoming a smaller and smaller percentage of the roster as a whole - I guess I could just shrug and say oh well, but I don't really like it. I have no maxed 4*s that I don't use (currently 9). I'd use at least 6-8 other currently covered characters if I had the iso. by the time I earn enough iso to get there with those 6-8, there will be plenty more to take their place on my list, probably along with some 5*s.

they actually did most rosters a favor with the long stretch of forgettable, non-max-worth characters. those you could get to a ddq level and then be done - I'm ok with that for cho and venom. unfortunately that has not been as much the case more recently with quake, pun, and war machine coming up (I guess jury still out on WM). many clamor for 'good/great characters'. I'd be ok with some thoroughly mediocre ones that will only add 10K-35K of iso needs. I'm not asking for enough for Elektra and IW. enough for nova and x23 would be nice though.

I've had the thought that I'm close to being able to let off the gas on iso farming, but every time I finish one, another solid character presents themselves. currently I think x23 and kp are next and if I can get yellows, nova will be right there too. after that there are no 'must haves', but fury, carnage, GR, antman, px (once my dupe gets to 5 blues) - those would be nice but I'm fairly certain i'll never get all of them done. might get 1 or 2. kind of a shame too.
  • tizian2015
    tizian2015 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    Malcrof wrote:
    HaywireII wrote:
    Sometimes I wonder if someone from D3 is going to come out and say "You're not supposed to raise every character in the game to max level, that would be crazy."

You aren't , that's the thing. In any MMO or game you ever play, you will never have all the biggest shiniest everything without tons and tons of work, and because new content is always being added. You could play WoW for 5 years and still need things.

Pick your chars, pick who to level, and grind exp (iso) and get gear (covers). That is the point.

Of course there is an iso shortage, that is why you keep playing, if it was all given to you immediately , and for little or no work, we would all get bored and leave.

There is no requirement to have every char in the game, nor is there one to level them all.

In WoW the rewards are not the same the whole game, they "scale" up with the difficulty. In this game its like fighting Hogger again and again for the same "rewards" he drops but his level is going up as yours to call it "content". WoW is -with enough time- a much fairer system than this game.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    scottee wrote:
    HaywireII wrote:
    Sometimes I wonder if someone from D3 is going to come out and say "You're not supposed to raise every character in the game to max level, that would be crazy."

They've already said that. You're supposed to choose how to level up your characters. The game's funner with strategic decisions.

And whether people agree with it or not, the would certainly get boring if it were easy to max everyone. There'd be nothing to do but wait for the next character release. The madness!
    The fact that Champions exist, and a character needs to be max level to be a champion, makes the idea that you aren't supposed to max all characters sound like a lie. Not maxing, not championing, means losing some massive rewards as you apply more covers. The going with Legendaries is far, far slower, but I believe that champions shows that all of them, even TA Hulk, are expected to be maxed out. So we do need more ISO. We need it a lot.

And you were being sarcastic, right scottee? about the "wait for the next character release. I could really go for once a month. I really could.