Your "Wait... what?" moment of the day

2»

Comments

• Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2016
    conversation at the breakfast table this morning with my 6 year old son:

Me: two minute discussion explaining what "cascade" means. one move leads to another move, ad infinitum

6YO: "oh, so why does that make you mad?"

Me: "well, I rarely get them, and the bad guys [what we call the AI team] seem to ALWAYS get them. and the more matches they make, the more AP they have, and then you get hit with a bunch of powers, and that makes it hard"

6YO: "hmm. well. maybe they [bad guys] are just better than you"

Me: "Wait.... what?"
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2016
    When you use Antman's Blue while its Countdown tile is out to punch someone, if you also have an Antman Purple trap tile active, it also gets destroyed along with the Blue Countdown tile for some reason.
    Nowhere in the power's description does it say "oh by the way, if you punch someone, a power completely unrelated to this one is affected and will get destroyed".
    Is this new, or has it always been like this? Seems like a bug for sure.

Well ants are bugs so.....

Back to the OP -

Playing PvE and remembering how 3* characters were actually good before the nerf as a highly buffed Doom obliterated my team by firing his purple, blue and black powers in one turn.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Noticed I had a Heart Of Darkness stockpiled token, open it for a Legendary Token. Wait what?

It was a Totally Awesome Hulk, normal service resumed.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    When you use Antman's Blue while its Countdown tile is out to punch someone, if you also have an Antman Purple trap tile active, it also gets destroyed along with the Blue Countdown tile for some reason.
    Nowhere in the power's description does it say "oh by the way, if you punch someone, a power completely unrelated to this one is affected and will get destroyed".
    Is this new, or has it always been like this? Seems like a bug for sure.
    I hate to "well, actually" you*, but it's always been like that and it does specify it in the skill text. However, you can only see the "Grow" text once you already have fired one of those skills...
      Grow - 9 purpletile.png or bluetile.png AP Dev Notes: This replaces either Pym Particles and/or Small Time Crooks as long as that ability's special tile is out. So if it replaced Pym Particles, it costs purpletile.png and if it replaced Small Time Crooks, it costs bluetile.png. This ability's level is equal to whichever ability is being replaced.
      Ant-Man leaps towards his enemy, restoring himself to full-size in midair to deliver a haymaker. Remove all Pym Particles & Small Time Crooks tiles and deal 1233 damage to the target. This power returns to its previous ability.

* This is obviously a lie.