Your "Wait... what?" moment of the day

firethorne
firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
edited May 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
We've had a few of these moment threads, and I thought it would be fun to have another. What are some of the things that have had you laughing, quirks, or odd little things that really put the puzzle in Marvel Puzzle Quest?

Mine: Realizing after about a month of having a single cover that Green Goblin doesn't actually cover green.

Comments

• Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    My wait... what? moment?

That this is Marvel Puzzle Quest and not Wolverine Puzzle Quest.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    firethorne wrote:
    Realizing after about a month of having a single cover that Green Goblin doesn't actually cover green.
    What, that's crazy that someone would have a color in their name, and not have that be one of their colors.

Hey, wait a second...

icon_scarletwitch.png
  • CrimsonHulk
    CrimsonHulk Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    That I'm past Day 600 and I'm still getting standard tokens in my daily resupply.
  • PeterGibbons316
    PeterGibbons316 Posts: 1,063
    firethorne wrote:
    We've had a few of these moment threads, and I thought it would be fun to have another. What are some of the things that have had you laughing, quirks, or odd little things that really put the puzzle in Marvel Puzzle Quest?

Mine: Realizing after about a month of having a single cover that Green Goblin doesn't actually cover green.
    Just wait until you pull a Black Suit Spider-Man.
  • We_are_Venom
    We_are_Venom Posts: 308 Mover and Shaker
    When Jeans psychic feedback stuns my team, which is normal, except she was on mine not theirs.
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 493 Mover and Shaker
    When you use Antman's Blue while its Countdown tile is out to punch someone, if you also have an Antman Purple trap tile active, it also gets destroyed along with the Blue Countdown tile for some reason.
    Nowhere in the power's description does it say "oh by the way, if you punch someone, a power completely unrelated to this one is affected and will get destroyed".
    Is this new, or has it always been like this? Seems like a bug for sure.
  • PeterGibbons316
    PeterGibbons316 Posts: 1,063
    When you use Antman's Blue while its Countdown tile is out to punch someone, if you also have an Antman Purple trap tile active, it also gets destroyed along with the Blue Countdown tile for some reason.
    Nowhere in the power's description does it say "oh by the way, if you punch someone, a power completely unrelated to this one is affected and will get destroyed".
    Is this new, or has it always been like this? Seems like a bug for sure.
    It's in the description for Grow if you read it. Also here......

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=31022
    Grow - 9 purpletile.png or bluetile.png AP Dev Notes: This replaces either Pym Particles and/or Small Time Crooks as long as that ability's special tile is out. So if it replaced Pym Particles, it costs purpletile.png and if it replaced Small Time Crooks, it costs bluetile.png. This ability's level is equal to whichever ability is being replaced.
    Ant-Man leaps towards his enemy, restoring himself to full-size in midair to deliver a haymaker. Remove all Pym Particles & Small Time Crooks tiles and deal 1233 damage to the target. This power returns to its previous ability.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Ant-Man's blue and purple both become "Grow" while their respective countdown and trap rules are on the board. "Grow" explicitly says "Removes all Small Time Crooks and Pym Particles tiles and deals X damage".

So you get two paths to "Grow", his only direct damage dealing ability, at a cost of sacrificing your special tiles. Not a bad tradeoff, and it gives Ant-Man an ace in the hole in case things aren't going well for the characters he's supporting.
  • Gari
    Gari Posts: 92 Match Maker
    A level 350 5s with two pathetic 3 stars. I don't know want commanders are advising them nowadays
  • aa25
    aa25 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Smudge wrote:
    My wait... what? moment?

That this is Marvel Puzzle Quest and not Wolverine Puzzle Quest.

Wait what ? this is not Spider man Puzzle Quest ?
    BSSM, GG, Miles, Gwen, Carnage, 4*Venom, Dr. Oct, 3*Venom, 3*Spider, Bagman, 1*Venom, 1*Spider
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    firethorne wrote:
    Realizing after about a month of having a single cover that Green Goblin doesn't actually cover green.
    What, that's crazy that someone would have a color in their name, and not have that be one of their colors.

Hey, wait a second...

icon_scarletwitch.png
    Also icon_blackwidow.png only 1/3 uses blacktile.png , and only 1/3 uses redtile.png (which I've always identified her with). And icon_jeangrey.png doesn't use shieldgrey.png .
  • Boommike
    Boommike Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Stormneto in the DDQ a few days back. Used Lightning Strike (while there was a crit on the board). Nothing got destroyed except the critical.
    Normally I watch the critical(s) when I use that power hoping they survive. Imagine my dismay...
  • aa25
    aa25 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    OJSP wrote:
    aa25 wrote:
    3*Venom
    Wait... what? there's a 3* Venom?

Wait...what? Sigh... Big fail for myself. Hang my head in shame. icon_redface.gif

PS: Real life, real time, literally wait...what moment.

zodiac339 wrote:
    firethorne wrote:

Hey, wait a second...

icon_scarletwitch.png
    Also icon_blackwidow.png only 1/3 uses blacktile.png , and only 1/3 uses redtile.png (which I've always identified her with). And icon_jeangrey.png doesn't use shieldgrey.png .

Don't forget icon_psylocke.png
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    The most powerful cosmic force in the universe...
    wears nubby little earrings.
  • Ctenko
    Ctenko Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    Reading the Powered people, and seeing Hulkbuster is not among those boosted for this upcoming Civil War event...
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ctenko wrote:
    Reading the Powered people, and seeing Hulkbuster is not among those boosted for this upcoming Civil War event...

I will add a little bit more to yours

Reading all IM variants (even IM46) are buffed for team IM in CW except IMHB
  • Ctenko
    Ctenko Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    No real skin off my nose then. I don't really have a usable HulkBuster. But i imagine a lot of people will be pretty upset there. He's A Really useful, and very highly ranked character. (So long as you have redflag.png Covers. I mean, without those, he's pretty worthless. icon_cry.gif )
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Having Doctor Doom drop his purple power on me three turns into a match when he didn't have but 3 purple AP.

Seeing my 4 cover OML, Champion 4pool and perfectly serviceable 4clops get their **** handed to them by two 2*s and a 1* yet again while my champion 3*s can't fight their way out of a wet paper bag anymore. Seriously get rid of the Dark Avengers.
  • Marvelfamily
    Marvelfamily Posts: 208
    5000 ISO from Taco today. Never had that before. icon_e_smile.gif
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    I guess we can add this one now...

GO TEAM IRON MAN! and team iron man buffs don't include the main iron man in the game.