Heart of Darkness, Spirit of Vengeance, The rider awakens.

PvPMore
PvPMore Posts: 24
edited May 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
The rider awakens: 3 waves - level range 190-198.
Reward: Gold 2* recruit token Heart of Darkness.

I tried to complete this but i can't get it done, it's extremely difficult.
Why Devs? Why..?

I don't mind a challenge, but this is rediculous.
I'm a 3 star player, what's up with this? Is this supposed to be FUN?

I want to get that recruit token, but this is too hard.

I'm tired of your sh*..

/end rant

Comments

• Ernest2867
    Ernest2867 Posts: 1
    Yea this is really hard.
  • tizian2015
    tizian2015 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    Same problem. First wave is too hard, too many ap for later waves. First try was IM40, IF, Cage -> wipe. Second try was IF, Cage, KK -> wipe. Third try, dont know, tried something paired with beast -> wipe. Fourth try was 3*Hulk, 2*Storm, IM40 -> done. I know, i´ve this node with a weaker roster in earlier events, but now my roster scales this up to the sky (for me). Scaling up a 3-wave node full of heroes (and not the weakest) is NOT FUN!
  • Lemminkäinen
    Lemminkäinen Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2016
    Thor (2 or 3-star), 2*-Mags, 2*-Storm. You need a bit of luck to get it going but once it gets going the opponents won't be getting a turn. Easy-peasy. Just remember to never use Thor green and fire Storm's green only once you have 23+ green AP.

Of course 3*IM, 3*Cap and KK is also a pretty trivial to get this thing done.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    I finally managed it with Kamala, IM40, and Human Torch. I made it to the third wave and dropped a mega whales to be on the safe side - I didn't like the look of Mystique holding 11 purple and 24 black.
  • mazerat
    mazerat Posts: 118
    My first attempt I was doing alright until Ghost Rider burned rubber and my CStorm cleared the enemy team but all my characters were super beat up. Tried playing conservatively on second wave, got Loki down, and then Sentry got off Supernova and that was that.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    First time Hearts of Darkness ran, I couldn't finish The Rider Awakens.
    Second time, I got through it in the last clear.
    This time, I got it on the first try. Boosted Iceman is really good.
  • We_are_Venom
    We_are_Venom Posts: 308 Mover and Shaker
    The token should be 3*+ for the difficulty. Getting 2* Captain Marvel after having wiped this node more than 20 times seems like a ripoff.
  • Kaazz
    Kaazz Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
    Nope. This node is a piece of tiny kitty!! I can't tiny kitty get past the 2nd tiny kitty round!!! That's with full match damage boost and +2ap. THAT IS FREAKING INSANE!!!! icon_evil.gificon_evil.gif I've tried 3 times with 3 different teams and never even survive the 2nd round. WTH ARE YOU THINKING, D3????? Hard is one thing, but impossible is NOT FUN. You are pushing me to the edge of quitting with tiny kitty stuff like this!! I've played almost 2 years, but lately all I do is get pissed off at the RIDICULOUS difficulty of the game, and it makes me really wonder why I keep playing.

If you are trying to make me play less, you are succeeding. icon_evil.gificon_evil.gif
  • MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Used my Cmag, Mohawk, Loki loop team, slow but AI gets little to no turns, cleared first shot.

Clear out any TU tiles with mag red/storm yellow, use storm green when possible, loki purple used when nothing else can be done, mag blue executes/bursts down priority targets and storm black to paper cut to death.

Really under the radar underrated team, I clear most PvE difficulties with it even if it's slow.
  • fnedude
    fnedude Posts: 383 Mover and Shaker
    Mine is 179-241, I finished it easily w/ OML (lvl 270 w/ 122) Psylocke+KK. It's a slow group, but disgustingly powerful once it gets rolling.

(Well it helps that Psylocke is boosted for this event...)

If you don't have a 1-1-1 OML, then try HB/FThor I'd suggest (hi HPs)
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    fnedude wrote:
    Mine is 179-241, I finished it easily w/ OML (lvl 270 w/ 122) Psylocke+KK. It's a slow group, but disgustingly powerful once it gets rolling.
    (Well it helps that Psylocke is boosted for this event...)
    If you don't have a 1-1-1 OML, then try HB/FThor I'd suggest (hi HPs)

That sounds like an interesting team - my Old Man Logan is 255 / 1/0/2, but Kamala's heal should help keep him alive. If I work up the intestinal fortitude to give that node another attempt I'll give the combo a try.
  • Uthgarprime
    Uthgarprime Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    I gave up, every time on the second round the enemy auto cascades to world rupture, then no matter how much I deny yellow cascades yellow so Sentry can create his strike tile the turn before world rupture goes off. Its so stupid. You know some **** programmer thought it would be awesome to be a jerk to the customers.
  • Cycocivic
    Cycocivic Posts: 19
    I did it on my first try with 169 cmag, boosted 140 loki, and 120 mohawk. It went exactly how marcusgraves described. I remember finishing it the last go around also with mostly a 2* roster.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    I couldnt remember what the waves were so here they are, if it helps anyone:

Wave 1: icon_ghostrider.pngicon_doctoroctopus.pngicon_daken.png

Wave 2: icon_sentry.pngicon_loki.pngicon_magneto.png

Wave 3: icon_mystique.pngicon_bullseye.pngicon_ares.png

Biggest problem is Sentry and his red/yellow.

Used PX/Blade/Hood to control their AP.
  • Ryudoz
    Ryudoz Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Blade/3Clops/SWitch

Blade sapped their strongest AP.
    Scott brought the pain.
    Wanda kept them quiet with stuns.

Was actually fairly easy this time around.
  • gigatilburg29
    gigatilburg29 Posts: 88 Match Maker
    Thanks! I managed it on the first try, blade got killed in the second wave but my luck was i had a team up of black widow who stole 4 app of every colour. The last node the enemy didnt got a turn.
  • bOmbast
    bOmbast Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Made it on the 1st try using IM40 (lvl 169), Human Torch (lvl 214) and 2* Cap (lvl 220). Enemy levels 154-162.

Critical points were when Sentry got off his world rupture, but managed to stun him long enough to clear most cd tiles - and in the last round when Mystique had enough purple and black AP to fire Shapeshift and then Masterstroke twice. But managed to stun her as well, and IM40 provided Human Torch with enough red to fire 3 fireballs in succession on both occasions.

Torch was down to 190 HP, but the other two had plenty to spare.
  • Completed it after 4 attempts.
    That 2nd wave is a **** and a half.

Completed it using my 1 yellow cover OML (256), boosted 165 2* Mags and my 4/1/2 boosted hood (154).
    154-162 Enemy levels.

Tried it with my boosted Iceman instead of hood and it was too slow.
    Hood was an absolute lifesaver for the 2nd wave and being able to pop Mags red without missing a turn icon_razz.gif

But yeah, thats probably the hardest node ive ever done in my short time playing.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    First time Hearts of Darkness rolled around, I used Hood, Psylocke, and Kamala Khan to get through this survival. Dormamu's Aid helps so much to keep the enemy from wrecking you with their powers. I think I focused Doc Oct first so I'd be free to use Psychic Knife and Psi Katana. It can still get away from you if there aren't enough of the color you need stolen, but it got through where my Falcon, Steve Rogers, Punisher (my usual wave nodes setup) team failed.
  • Ralph-Wiggum
    Ralph-Wiggum Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    I beat it on the first go around with Iceman, Cyclops, and Switch. Once I had built up the purple and blue, it wasn't too bad.

But what's going on with the progression points in this event? I did three clears + CP grinding in the first two sub-events and now one clear of the last round and am still 23,000 points away from from the CP points! A full clear of the last round only gave me 6.5K points, so there's no way I'm going to make it. Just how much grinding do they expect us to do???