Characters and Skills Compendium 2: Technopatic Boogaloo

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    jojeda654 wrote:
    Seems like his character thread was restarted

Ah, yes! That thread was created post-"Thorverine Nerf: First Blood" viewtopic.php?style=1&f=13&t=2636&p=39642
    Thor was a very different animal after that change, so a new character thread made sense. Should have caught that if I looked closer at the listed releases though. icon_e_smile.gif
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,284 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster,jojeda654,aesthetocyst:

Thanks for the work you guys did on tracking down the character release dates. It was extremely helpful, and I stole all your legwork and added them into the PVE Compendium.

Thanks!
  • bigsmooth
    bigsmooth Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    It appears a new 2* Magneto thread was also created after his powers were changed. The correct link is here: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=32068
  • bigsmooth
    Just noticed Classic Storm also has a newer thread than the one linked in the OP, see here: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=32297
    BTW, thanks for maintaining this, I use it often.
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Seems like all the links need to be updated to the new forum...
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    *sigh* and the formatting got destroyed and for some reason, a chunk of the original post just got obliterated. Fixing this is going to take almost as much work as doing it from scratch took.
  • rainkingucd
    Pylgrim said:
    *sigh* and the formatting got destroyed and for some reason, a chunk of the original post just got obliterated. Fixing this is going to take almost as much work as doing it from scratch took.
    Yeah.  I've basically resigned the PVE Compendium to the graveyard.  I can't fathom the idea of seeking out all those threads again, reformatting the lists, and fixing character icons to the new links.  Not to mention the character limit which means any comprehensive compendiums need to be done in 5-10 posts now
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Pylgrim said:
    Yeah.  I've basically resigned the PVE Compendium to the graveyard.  I can't fathom the idea of seeking out all those threads again, reformatting the lists, and fixing character icons to the new links.  Not to mention the character limit which means any comprehensive compendiums need to be done in 5-10 posts now

Don't know what they were thinking removing access to the old forum posts. At least archive the old forum and not allow any new commenting on it, so people can still keep the links alive. Maybe @Brigby can see if they can allow something like that?
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim said:
    There's also a character limit? Jeez... I really don't have the energy to even get upset over this, it's just too stupid all the work lost for no good reason. I'm sorry to say but the compendium will be on hiatus until I can fathom even looking at it without feeling sick. Hopefully, by then they also managed to restore the character icons.
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,918 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    I started working on restoring the links to the character pages but ran into the notorious character limit. :( I know Brigby is trying to find a workaround the issue but in the meantime I will post the restoration in chunks here. I know it's a poor substitute for what we had but think of it as web bandages until we get some true healing action going on up in here! (sorry for the poor joke, I know Pylgrim and a lot of other guide writers and maintainers had all of their hard work ruined and the wind taken out of their sails because of the forum change but hopefully better days lie ahead. It really does suck that a lot of the most helpful and informative material on the forum all got taken out in one blow. Keeping my fingers crossed that Brigby and the forum design team can find a way to restore everyone's hard work.)

Edit to add: Ugghh. Some of the links didn't transfer over from my copy of the original edit so I had to search for them again and re-restore them. Dr. Strange, rebel that he is, took me three times until I got the link to stick. Let me know if any of the other links go bonkers. (o_O;)

starpng starpng starpng starpng starpng
    Rank - Max Tile Damage - - - Critical - Power costs - - - - - - - MaxHP - Name (link to discussion)
    ?? nonepng 460/75/69/63/592/526/4.2x - _8/__/__/__/10/PA - 48835 - Black Bolt (Inhuman King)
    ?? nonepng 149/139/20/21/18/167/4.3x - PA/PA/__/__/__/_9 - 51075 - Black Panther (Civil War)
    ?? nonepng 63/526/75/592/69/460/4.3x - __/12/__/12/__/10 - 45699 - Black Widow (Natasha Romanoff)
    ?? nonepng 490/73/630/560/67/80/4.3x - 14/__/_9/11/__/__ - 35842 - Doctor Strange (Sorcerer Supreme)
    ?? nonepng 438/60/71/501/66/564/4.3x - _9/__/__/10/__/_8 - 43529 - Green Goblin (Norman Osborn)
    ??      69/460/526/592/63/75/4.3x -__/_5/_5/PA/__/__  - 48835 - Hawkeye (Clint Barton)                  
    ?? nonepng 67/62/577/449/73/513/4.0x - __/(PA)/PA/PA/_(9)/_7 - 41537 - The Hulk (Bruce Banner)
    ?? nonepng 509/655/582/70/76/83/4.3x - 12/_9/10/__/__/__ - 49845 - Iron Man (Mark XLVI)
    18 nonepng 59/428/69/489/550/64/4.0x - __/_9/__/_8/P(9)/__ - 42480 - Jean Grey (Phoenix)
    34 nonepng 68/521/586/74/63/456/4.0x - __/_7/_9/__/__/12 - 47478 - Silver Surfer (Skyrider)
    39 nonepng 81/74/639/497/568/68/4.0x - __/__/_6/PA/14/__ - 43529 - Spider-Man (Back in Black)
    ?? nonepng 615/547/478/78/72/66/4.0x - 13/_9/_7/__/__/__ - 49845 - Steve Rogers (First Avenger)
    ?? nonepng 72/78/85/597/522/671/4.0x - __/__/__/_8/12/PA - 64964 - Thanos (The Mad Titan)
    05 nonepng 554/485/67/73/79/624/4.0x - P(8)/P(8)/__/__/__/9(7) - 42480 - Wolverine (Old Man Logan)
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    I started working on restoring the links to the character pages but ran into the notorious character limit. :( I know Brigby is trying to find a workaround the issue but in the meantime I will post the restoration in chunks here. I know it's a poor substitute for what we had but think of it as web bandages until we get some true healing action going on up in here! (sorry for the poor joke, I know Pylgrim and a lot of other guide writers and maintainers had all of their hard work ruined and the wind taken out of their sails because of the forum change but hopefully better days lie ahead. It really does suck that a lot of the most helpful and informative material on the forum all got taken out in one blow. Keeping my fingers crossed that Brigby and the forum design team can find a way to restore everyone's hard work.)
    Note: all old internal links have been redirected to the posts on the new wiki now, so no further manual conversion should be needed!
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,918 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cool, now hopefully we can get that character limit issue sorted out. (^.^;)
  • Pylgrim
    Thank goodness, and thanks for trying to help manually F4tD! That's something that I couldn't stomach to do, so kudos. I'll start working on it soon. Do keep poking the team for our character icons!
  • rainkingucd
    Pylgrim said:
    Thank goodness, and thanks for trying to help manually F4tD! That's something that I couldn't stomach to do, so kudos. I'll start working on it soon. Do keep poking the team for our character icons!
    With all the work @Jarvind, @jojeda654, @bigsmooth did in this thread https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/63526/forum-formatting-question (and to be honest, tons and tons of work jojeda654 did in support of the various compendiums), I put together a lookup table in excel to convert all the old character icons : wolverine : into the img links.  Ideally they'd all come back as smileys as they should, but there's a way around that's not too time consuming.  PM me if interested.  
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim said:
    With all the work @Jarvind, @jojeda654, @bigsmooth did in this thread https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/63526/forum-formatting-question (and to be honest, tons and tons of work jojeda654 did in support of the various compendiums), I put together a lookup table in excel to convert all the old character icons : wolverine : into the img links.  Ideally they'd all come back as smileys as they should, but there's a way around that's not too time consuming.  PM me if interested.  
    I took a look at it, thanks! I'll be using that for the colours' icons. Unfortunately, there's no point to do with with the character icons since apparently, we won't be getting the icons of newer characters. 
  • UnsmashableTim
    UnsmashableTim Posts: 81 Match Maker
    Thanks for that list!!!  Wanted one for a while now. 3* Luke cage was newest when I started. Seems so long ago now 
  • Pylgrim
    edited May 2017
    Urgh just noticed that we cannot even do coloured text anymore. I seriously have never seen a more anti-user board update, removing dozens of useful features and options to give us a few superfluous upgrades. Sorry to say, but I won't be updating this today either.
  • bigsmooth
    I know you're not updating this, but in case you do at some point, the XFW link goes to an old thread; the current one is here: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/32244/wolverine-x-force/p1

• Dayv
    edited June 2017
    bigsmooth said:
    I know you're not updating this, but in case you do at some point, the XFW link goes to an old thread; the current one is here: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/32244/wolverine-x-force/p1

[I'll update the link, but I have to remove the following outdated info from the OP to get it back under the character limit.  I'm not even sure I can post it here.]

Colour breakdown for powers. Bolds have 3 active powers. Nonbolds have passives on the given colours. Italics are missing a power on the given colours.
    yellowtilepng redtilepng bluetilepng - Steve Rogers (2*, 3*, 5*)Iron Man (1*, 3*, 5*)Magneto (3*)Thor (4*)VisionCyclops (4*), Sam Wilson (4*) bluetilepng, Peggy Carter yellowtilepng,  Hawkeye (1*) yellowtilepng
    yellowtilepng redtilepngpurpletilepng - Spider-GwenMiles Morales, Star-Lord yellowtilepng, Medusa yellowtilepng redtilepng
    yellowtilepng redtilepng greentilepng - Thor (2* and 3*)SentryAres, Wolverine (2* and 3*) yellowtilepng, Thing yellowtilepng
    yellowtilepng redtilepng  blacktilepng - Agent VenomColossusCyclopsCaptain Marvel (2*)Nova, Captain Marvel (3*) yellowtilepng, Luke Cage redtilepng, Wolverine (5*)  yellowtilepng redtilepng
    yellowtilepngbluetilepngpurpletilepng - Nick FuryAnt-ManDoctor Strange (5*), Spider-Man (2* and 3*) purpletilepng, Professor X  yellowtilepng  bluetilepng, Falcon yellowtilepng bluetilepng, Doctor Strange (3*)  yellowtilepngBlack Widow (1*)  yellowtilepng
    yellowtilepng bluetilepng greentilepng - Invisible WomanBeast, Storm (2*) yellowtilepng, Rocket&Groot yellowtilepng, Quake  yellowtilepng
    yellowtilepngbluetilepng blacktilepng - Black Panther, Mr. Fantastic yellowtilepng, The Hood bluetilepng, Wasp bluetilepng
    yellowtilepng purpletilepng greentilepng  - Squirrel Girl, Kamala Khan yellowtilepng
    yellowtilepng  purpletilepng  blacktilepng - KingpinGreen Goblin
    yellowtilepng  greentilepng blacktilepng - Wolverine (X-Force)Storm (1* and 3*), Venom (4*) blacktilepng, Black Bolt blacktilepng, Captain Marvel (4*)  greentilepng
     redtilepng bluetilepng purpletilepng  - DaredevilMagneto (2*)Spider-Man (1*)Winter Soldier, Hawkeye (2*) purpletilepng
     redtilepng 
  • Dayv
    edited June 2017
    [Original post is still too long to save.  I will have to come back to this later.  It may be time for a new, simpler index, possibly with a less arcane title.  The original post is basically a forum Superfund site now.]  

edit to add: ok, I did a bunch of cleanup in the OP and fixed the link that @bigsmooth pointed out.

@Pylgrim -- you probably couldn't even edit this before.  If you're still around and plan to do updates to this, please let me know, otherwise I will see about crafting a new character index.