What is wrong with Hearts of Darkness?

sinnerjfl
sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
edited May 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Ok I realize this event doesnt run often (thank whatever diety you prefer) but dear, is it me or is this the worst freaking PVE in the whole game? Yes yes, I see you typing "But Venom Bomb is worse!!!" but holy hell, that first sub is so bad in so many ways.

Let's see here. You combine the whole Ninja family with their cheap aoe dmg (caltrops), super chead red CD's (strenght or whatever its called), enemies dropping 1000 dmg in atk tiles if you dont stun them, and a literal onslaught of CD's on every node.

That's not all, lets combine those asshats with the Maggia! MORE COUNTDOWN TILES!! Like there was about 9 or 10 at the same time on my screen at some point. How the hell are you supposed to handle 10 CD's, this is ridiculous. Even Jean Grey has trouble dealing with the constant spam of CD's.

But heh, let's also add Hood on half the nodes to make it even worse! And wave nodes who only pay once!

This was mind-numbingly boring to clear 3 times, and this event only gets worse if I remember.

Give me Venom Bomb over this any day icon_evil.gif

Comments

• madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    If I didn't have a boosted Bobby for this event, I would be hating it so much more. I remember dreading the last time it was run. Now OML/IM40/Bobby pretty much clean everything up.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    who is bobby
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    madok wrote:
    If I didn't have a boosted Bobby for this event, I would be hating it so much more. I remember dreading the last time it was run. Now OML/IM40/Bobby pretty much clean everything up.
    rulk too. im40 with bobby or wanda with ross. either works well. with hood accompanied by goons, I've been leaning witch/px/jean (place to use my crit boosts lol), but all others will get one of the other combos.
  • We_are_Venom
    We_are_Venom Posts: 308 Mover and Shaker
    Venom bomb is infinitely worse. I can steal strength tiles, but chew the scenery and all the other **** count downs PLUS protect and attack tiles that are reinforced every turn, AND carnage is just absolute misery.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    You're forgetting something. The last sub event.
    THAT survival node.
  • chaos01
    chaos01 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    slidecage wrote:
    who is bobby

Iceman I believe.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've had no problem at all with Blade/Fist/Daken. Then again, I'm in 3* land so the maximum scaling for me so far has been 252.
  • sinnerjfl
    I mean, I got a champed Rulk and other characters who can beat those nodes.

It just isnt any fun at all to face all the worst enemies in the game in one event.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    slidecage wrote:
    who is bobby

Iceman = Bobby Drake
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    You're forgetting something. The last sub event.
    THAT survival node.

Yes. The last day is the only real problem with the event. It lulls you in with a ton of fun goon only nodes then drops a bunch of harder nodes on the last day.

For the survival nodes on days 1 and 2 I've used 3* Cyc, Blade, and Hood for all the times it's been ran. Cyc's yellow allows Blade to drop a ton of strike titles. All the red makes Hood steal red, throw down some of Blade's AP stealing titles, and pretty soon most of the ninjas are helpless. They can't place anything and you steal all their AP. When you get a high level thug or caltrop user (whatever they're called), optic blast right to the face. If you can put down some attack titles by Blade, you pretty much cruise through the node and not even need to do anything else. All you have to do is watch out for Hood on the second day (and your Hood will cancel out the other team's).
  • Druss
    Druss Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    Seem to remember finding this sub quite tricky first time I played it.

Levelled Ice-Man to 233 now its a breeze.

Ice-Man seems to be the perfect defense against high levelled Hood's
  • Druss
    Druss Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    Boosted Ice-Man, Blade & Torch have been wiping every node - quite quickly doing 10k passive damage a turn with Ice-Man taking out the difficulties.
  • sinnerjfl
    Just cleared sub2, Its a lot less worse.

Sub1 still sucked and not fun at all.
  • Tryke
    Tryke Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    Strangely I'm finding this event pretty simple. icon_e_confused.gif

Go-to team of IM40/Cap/KK still works most of the time. I sometimes throw in boosted 3Clops/IF against hood. 3/3/2 Creepy Bob still doing his thing decently.

Of course, I'll be using IM40/Cap/KK on dat last survival node.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2016
    Every single person answering they find this event relatively simple has posted a 3star team they use coupled with A (sometimes underleveled) Iceman.

Let me tell you. This event is quite different when you are forced to run OML/PHX on every node because the opponents are all 325.
    Sniper rifles going off every turn for 10k in the Hood+snipers node, Maggia Thug machine gunning the entire team for 10k+, Caltrops that deal 2k per, Smoke attack tiles that combine for 5k per turn..

It's doable, but an absolute pain.

Edit to answer OJSPs question:

Iceman is the obv third, but I don't use IM since he dies to pretty much anything. Phoenix is better to tank Green for Iceman and has 35k+22k health to do so on 4 round waves.
  • mazerat
    mazerat Posts: 118
    I'm pushing for a 4hor cover and it hasn't been too bad so far but I know day 3 is the make or break. I couldn't even beat the XMen survival node last time.
  • dstann
    dstann Posts: 55 Match Maker
    What annoys me, is they make hood a boosted character for the event, then you can't use him on half the nodes because the enemy is using him.
  • Tryke
    Tryke Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    Daiches wrote:
    Every single person answering they find this event relatively simple has posted a 3star team they use coupled with A (sometimes underleveled) Iceman.

Let me tell you. This event is quite different when you are forced to run OML/PHX on every node because the opponents are all 325.
    Sniper rifles going off every turn for 10k in the Hood+snipers node, Maggia Thug machine gunning the entire team for 10k+, Caltrops that deal 2k per, Smoke attack tiles that combine for 5k per turn..

It's doable, but an absolute pain.

Edit to answer OJSPs question:

Iceman is the obv third, but I don't use IM since he dies to pretty much anything. Phoenix is better to tank Green for Iceman and has 35k+22k health to do so on 4 round waves.

I only use Iceman for his essential btw. The IM40/LCap/KK team I posted is an all 3* team that works wonders in PvE. It provides a great deal of control over goon tiles with cap, acceleration with IM40, and lots of damage and healing buffers with KK. Even if the enemies are at 325 for you, give the team a try.
    dstann wrote:
    What annoys me, is they make hood a boosted character for the event, then you can't use him on half the nodes because the enemy is using him.

Try 3Clops/IF for Hood nodes.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    The key is speed on these nodes.

Either accelerate whomever you are using or pick guys with cheap skills.

3 or 4 * doesn't matter too much if you can control the board early.

Lcap/im40/kk is a solid team

Ice/im40/anyone should waste every node no problem

I've been using oml /fist/vision (i can hear you laughing but get some OML black tiles out at same time as vision blue) vision gives you the ability to also get rid of those annoying smoke bomb protect tiles with his yellow
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tryke wrote:
    I only use Iceman for his essential btw. The IM40/LCap/KK team I posted is an all 3* team that works wonders in PvE. It provides a great deal of control over goon tiles with cap, acceleration with IM40, and lots of damage and healing buffers with KK. Even if the enemies are at 325 for you, give the team a try.

I know it's a good team, but there are 2 important reasons not to use it:
    Speed
    Healthpacks

And with Ice boosted you really have to play him as third over KK.