When were you happiest?

mpqr7
mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
edited May 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I was probably happiest during my 2* - 3* transition. Sure, I was young and innocent and could only score around 400 - 500 on PVP, but that was fine, because I could max cover and then max-level a new 2* once every few days. At one points, I had maxed out all the good 2*s, including OBW, Thor, Ares, Storm and Magneto, plus many others, such as HT and Wolverine.

It was hard to get 3* covers, but I was starting to get some and building up a few good ones, such as Wolverine and LCap (well he's not great but his red was powerful at the time). It was a time of promise and most importantly, it was pretty easy to max someone out in about a week.

Now that I need 350,000+ iso to max out every new 4*, that means around 3 weeks of playing. So when I win 70 iso, it doesn't really excite me that much. Or even less if it's a whitecrit.png

The main thing I enjoy is the 4* DDQ. I wish we had more fun things like that. It's one very fun and interesting battle, and when you win, you get a token_legendary.png , which is always nice. I'd love if there were fun, well-rewarding challenges like that, more than once every 5 days.

The regular DDQ is appreciated, but when you need 350,000+ iso, getting a bonus 5,000 iso still doesn't seem like all that much.

I'm not even worried about the 3,000,000+ iso I need to champion all my fully-covered 4*s (with more at 12-covers who'll be ready soon). It would be nice if it took less than 3 weeks to champion a single character. Even maybe just 1 to 2 weeks.

I've even stopped worrying about getting new usable star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png characters in my roster.. I figure it will happen eventually, so that's good, I guess... ?

Comments

• Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    In before "b4 i downloaded teh gamez LAWL"
  • Soitswritten
    Soitswritten Posts: 102
    I was pretty happy to beatMilss yesterday after 8 tries. Easily the hardest crash for me yet.
  • thanos8587
    thanos8587 Posts: 653
    when ddq started. hands down. im at day 562 and the three star transition was soooo painful before ddq. then i blinked (so it seemed) and i had nearly all of them fully covered.

of course after that it was champing beginning. so nice to do something with all those two star covers and then the threes.

now its just back to the grind waiting for the next game changing alteration to the game to impact the four/five transition.
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    I'm happiest at the completion of any event at the rewards screen claiming whatever I earned
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    In order:

Birth of my first daughter.
    Birth of my son.
    Birth of my second daughter.
    Day I met my the mother of my children.
    The day she became my wife, never I have seen anyone look so beautiful.
  • chamber44
    chamber44 Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    Linkster79 wrote:
    In order:

Birth of my son.

The other day, Taco Bell gave me two Doritos tacos instead of 1.

Best day of my life.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    MPQ wise: right before the introduction of 5 stars.

I was just making my 3 to 4 star transition. Started hitting 1300s left and right in PVE. Top 5'ing every PVE with a large pool of viable 3 star teams. The game was fun and diverse.

Now? Now I just get kittied off every single time an LT yet again doesn't give me a 5star. While I see younger rosters blaze past me because they tied advancement in the game to RNG.
    I still get my scores and my results, but it's a slog since I can now use 3-5 characters of my 90 deep roster on a given day.

And the future looks grim.
  • Leugenesmiff
    Leugenesmiff Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
    When I founded AARP Avengers and began playing MPQ like a game, only when I actually wanted to, and not just because I felt pressure to get higher rewards.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Every day I'm not playing PvE competitively. Which is most days.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes, I've gotten a bit sick of pve. In fact, I'm not too motivated to play pvp either. I think I'm really finally becoming free of this game! Scaling back at least. I'm not going to claim to be actually about to quit icon_e_confused.gif
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    Before 3* Magneto was nerfed, I had gotten about 10 covers for him and he was one of the best characters on my roster. I was really starting to feel the "puzzle" in Puzzle Quest and the game was really starting to come together for me.

Then they nerfed him and every other character that had any utility that might feel like you were solving a puzzle, instead of fighting a boxing match, and I quit the game. I didn't come back for a year and a half and once I did, while the game recovered some from that terrible design decision, I've gotten so far behind that the game will never mean what it did to me at the time.
  • Esheris
    Esheris Posts: 216 Tile Toppler
    Real life is amazing, no comment there. ^_^

In game probably when I had everything soft capped at 94 (had most 3*'s covered but not many 4*'s), which was a little bit before the nerf to Iso cost. After that Iso-level change I decided I would see what it was like at a higher level, hasn't been the same for me since.

I love my 4*'s, but sometimes I feel like I would trade that all to go back to when it was easy and fun.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    When there were less than 10 4*'s (and definitely before 5*'s were out). You could see the end-game, you could dream of being there.

Add in when I stopped trying competitive PVE, which happened before that first part (they over-lapped).
  • Handoftheking26
    Handoftheking26 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    Before the ridiculous "true heal" **** and when there were guaranteed covers for characters in 10 packs. When Hulk came out you got a minimum of one Hulk cover in every 10 pack. I didn't mind spending some cash back then, because i knew i would get at least one cover of the character i really wanted. Now 10 packs are pretty much a bust. 3 of my last 4 from the season reward have been 10 2*s. If i knew for certain that there was 1 Iceman cover in 10 packs from his events, I would buy one. They trying so hard to tweak the game so they make more money, that they forgot what it's like to be a player.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    chamber44 wrote:
    Linkster79 wrote:
    In order:

Birth of my son.

The other day, Taco Bell gave me two Doritos tacos instead of 1.

Best day of my life.

I bet the day after was one of the worst :p
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was happiest before championing and 5 stars were introduced. I knew the goal post back then and where I needed to go to hit them, but after those two things they got moved further back and seems thy keep moving further back.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Probably my 8th birthday. Or maybe Christmas 1994.

The former because I got a tube of Milky Bar Buttons, a Tom & Jerry video and Disney's Robin Hood on VHS.
    The latter because I got this lego set.
    http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/leg ... 0508132710

Everything went to hell soon after, really.
  • Lee T
    Lee T Posts: 318
    Feeling pretty good right now.

MPQwise, beginning of DDQ when I finally began 2-3* progression. Worst time was just before DDQ started, and my 3-4* progression is beginning to feel like that dreary moment.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Probably around last Thanksgiving when I pulled the first of my many Phoenixes.

On the flip side, the worst time was when they got rid of true healing for most characters, at which point I actually quit the game.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    MPQ wise, the best time for me was back when you could still buy covers for imcoin.png . So much better back then. And there was the first time iso8.png completion bonus for PvE nodes. The game has changed so much over the past two years. MPQ has gained so much, but has lost a lot as well.

JJ