Professor X Tiles Strengthened notification slowing game

2»

Comments

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    I finally noticed this last night, and it's awful.

Xpool's Countdown to Nothing takes much MUCH longer to trigger now. It's very noticeable and not good at all. This needs to be taken out asap.
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've only run into the Doctor Doom one, but I think in that case, it was just a change to the text in the banner. I think leaving the name of the passive in the banner was better.

I haven't seen anyone else mention that Luke Cage's black skill displays two banners when he first places the countdown tile.
  • Varg138
    Varg138 Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    EVERY move with a CD tile reaching 0 (from Pyro's flamethrower to Falcon's Redwing) has been slowed with the update. Please stop "fixing" things we do not ask for and spend your energy fixing game elements we DO ask for.
  • Quibbles
    Quibbles Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    Pretty clear that the reason for the new feature is to slow the game for certain characters. Think about it--how many times have you said in PVP, "Just one more match and I'll shield"? PX can be a brutally fast match if you get a few attack tiles and increase the strength several times. Slow the match down and you open up to plenty of attacks, since he's an attractive target to other players (i.e., great offense, terrible defense to real human players).
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Okay, just tried Countdown for What. I haven't seen a problem with passives (Quicksilver locking tiles was always as slow as a whoosh, Diabolical Plotting was slightly slower than the sound of the chess piece), but CfW at least is definitely slower. I had three resolve ate once, and it was banner first, and the Click-Boom didn't happen until the banner was gone. For passives, the banner is more simultaneous with the sound effect. It seems like the banner notification wasn't implemented correctly with countdowns, or the implementation is the same as for the passives, but the countdown has more parts to it, and that's causing the delay.
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    This is noticeably more painful in Hearts of Darkness. I am running with Blade, Torch, and Cyclops for most of the nodes since those 3 are boosted and pretty powerful.

If you have Flame Jet and Nightstalker CD tiles running, forget the first 10-15 seconds of your turn. The banners make everything so much slower. Heaven forbid something happens like Flame Jet downing a Teisatsu... the turn feels like it drags out forever now.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can we have a dev chime in on this? Is this "Working as intended™" or not?

The slowdown really is disruptive to the flow of the game.