Professor X Tiles Strengthened notification slowing game

dider152
dider152 Posts: 263
Since when did they implement this? It significantly slows down things. When Professor X goes invisible and fortifies tiles by matching his own tiles, there now is a decal that comes up saying Tiles Strengthened. It happens even if there are no tiles to strengthen, it just automatically happens each round that Prof X is invisible and you make a match with him. But, of course, this is D3/Demiurge, adding stuff that doesn't need to be there and making matches last longer.

EDIT: this same thing has been done to other characters. It says "Plotting" each time Doctor Doom makes a trap tile.

Comments

• SolidQ
    SolidQ Posts: 247 Tile Toppler
    It's whole game now slower. Every Update have problems.

P.S Devs can you test updates before it out? icon_lol.gif
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is new. I noticed that Diabolical Plot changed to Plotting every turn, but haven't seen the Professor X notification yet. I think I saw one that said "AP Reduced", too. Maybe that was Hood? I assume they changed the flags so that it's more apparent to new players what's happening. If they're showing up when nothing is happening, that sounds like a bug and should be reported as such.
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    It looks like something they added with CW. I noticed "AP Gained" banners at the start of Cap's turn when playing the event and Cap had an ally in play. Must have been an across-the-board update. Still annoying.
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    4* Deadpool 'countdowns for what' and Hulk Anger are also feel slower post update. not pleased by these impacts.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is this steam only? Haven't seen these notifications on Android. Will have to pay more attention.
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    The Arcane Incantation banner plays when Scarlet Witch's CD reaches zero now too.

Didn't they do something with AI goon AP gains last year sometime where it showed some stupid long animation displaying the goon color gains? I wasn't registered on the forums at that point, but I remember loathing that change and almost quitting the game then and there until it got updated the same week or so.

EDIT: No Vhailorx, I've seen the banners on my Android too.

EDIT 2: It's even displaying the banner when Blade's Nightstalker CD activates at the beginning of the turn. I appreciate knowing the power that is going off, but I think I know which CD tile is which ahead of time, thanks.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Smudge wrote:
    The Arcane Incantation banner plays when Scarlet Witch's CD reaches zero now too.

Didn't they do something with AI goon AP gains last year sometime where it showed some stupid long animation displaying the goon color gains? I wasn't registered on the forums at that point, but I remember loathing that change and almost quitting the game then and there until it got updated the same week or so.

EDIT: No Vhailorx, I've seen the banners on my Android too.

Oh boy that update.
    I understood what they were going for, but my God was it poorly implimented.
    I get annoyed as it is when I use boosts and I have to sit through three of them cycling past at the start. It's even worse if you get one of those with every single move you make.

I noticed a slowing down of countdown timers activating with Scarlet Witch, definitely. Hadn't really noticed with others.

I'm still waiting for them to speed up the damn Pyro's flamethrower animation. It's literally two seconds after the animation finishes before it actually does anything.
  • RoboDuck
    RoboDuck Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    4* Deadpool 'countdowns for what' and Hulk Anger are also feel slower post update. not pleased by these impacts.

I can confirm the "countdown for what" glitch. After one (or more) there is an long pause between each one going off. Slowed tge game way down.
  • CoffigDarkGravity
    CoffigDarkGravity Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    I use Xavier almost as much as OML, and this change is brutal. Not impressed.

Haven't used Doom, Hood, or Scarlet Witch yet, but I'm equally disappointed with that news as well.
  • pabasa130
    pabasa130 Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Quicksilver's blue will also now show a banner, "speeding up..." .

I think it should be saying "speeding up!", and I think with the new banner, his Blue doesn't feel as slow as it was before, now that you have something to distract you from the very slow activation and that others are now just as slow!
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Interestingly the banner for Repulsor Punch has been removed, HB goes straight into his animation
  • northnorth
    northnorth Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    edited May 2016
    They just want to slow down every fight as much as possible. I don't think gamers play mobile/freemium games like they play console games. At least I don't, I want something that I can play when I have spare time to waste
  • shadowyoshi
    shadowyoshi Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    It also affect 2* Hawkeye's Speed Shot. Every shot gets the banner. I just changed by 2-star DDQ team because it's that annoying.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    I love how they make these little changes that nobody gives a damn about and yet we still don't have an instant level up button.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    Looks like its about every passive ability in the game that gets a stupid little banner that goes across the screen.

It's cute and all but there is a very noticeable slowdown everytime they activate. Pretty annoying, breaks the flow that's already
    disrupted by all the damn animations that take too long still ( icon_daken.png grrrr)
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's cool guys.
    Slowing down in-game animations will fix the scaling! icon_rolleyes.gif
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't understand the griping. Did you really never notice the game pause when these things happened before? Matches made, board settles, attack tiles go off, then a half-second pause as Prof's passive makes that noise and flashes all the tiles it affects. Same with the plotting "laying-his-chesspiece" noise for Doom. There was a pause. I honestly think you're all imagining nothing, just because a visual display is pointing out the pause to you.

Pause I really want fixed is the Pyro Flamethrower activation. Activate, flame woomff sound for a second and a half, three more seconds of waiting before the damn thing actually resolves its damage and tile destruction. Rocket damage sucks, but at least it rips the band-aid off faster.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    In the Daily Deadpool, I noticed that the Teisatsu's verkackte Turn to Smoke notification was shown between me making a move that killed him and the animation of the consequences of that move. That is very strange...
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Moon Roach wrote:
    In the Daily Deadpool, I noticed that the Teisatsu's verkackte Turn to Smoke notification was shown between me making a move that killed him and the animation of the consequences of that move. That is very strange...
    Makes sense to me. It knows that the bastard's going down, so it resolves the ability there (which may be why it's still throwing out the attack tiles at the end of the match). Similar to a cascade during a wave. The system is way ahead of the graphics, so we see instances of a cascade on wave one that kills one enemy, and it already knows the other one is going to die too, so we get the persistent graphical error of an enemy from wave two showing up while the cascade is still going, the last enemy falls, then the actual enemy shows up when the board settles.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    Was doing deadpool daily today against doom and I don't find the plotting banner slowing down the game. It happens during the AI move animation anyway.

Can't say the same for other banners since I haven't seen it yet