No need to "Fix" the next go around of Civil War

2»

Comments

• madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Pylgrim wrote:
    snlf25 wrote:
    Everything was great until you jacked up the scaling. Nobody in my alliance was strong enough to continue and we didn't get to finish round 6. I can't be mad because we all got 2 Hulkbusters but it definitely made us feel like we were no longer welcome and absurd scaling in the gauntlet doesn't help either.

If nobody in the alliance was strong enough to continue past round 6, maybe you reached the point, as an alliance that you deserved? If your alliance is composed of 2* and 3* players, I assure you that they don't need one cover of a new 5*. For your alliance 2 Hulkbusters is already an awesome reward that you'd get from no other event.

Correct. I, and maybe two others in my alliance, shouldered the brunt of this event. I earned about double the points that more than half of the alliance. If myself and the few others in the alliance that put up big numbers weren't there, then the others would have been gated it at their ability, which probably would have been 2 HB covers.

Not everyone is going to complete a side of Civil War. I thought the scaling was fairly reasonable for my roster. I'm well into 4* transition, with a lvl 360 OML to power through most of what CW was offering. I only lost one of the boss battles through the entire event.
  • j0nats
    j0nats Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    I would like to say that i really enjoyed the event. With a good alliance getting a 5* was definitely doable.

Getting 2 5*s though was more of an 'extra challenge' due to the scaling of the side nodes. But i must say that i enjoyed the added difficulty. It was doable with a good roster and good strategy, and time of course (which i had little of due to RL).

Thank you devs it was fun! Now pls an Xmen themed event vs apocalypse!! (Added bonus to boost psylocks abilities... and most importantly make psylocke art look like Olivia Munn plssss)
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was very happy to earn eight 4* covers, with two including shots at a 5*. It's a rare event that lets you get that much in 4 days.
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    LXSandman wrote:
    I could handle the scaling increase for the most part, but it was a ****.

The truth is that it turned something that was "Fun" into something that was a grind.

This.

I completely understand everyone's points here, but when you have to beat a node team whose level is HIGHER than the boss's then something's wrong.