How many alliances finished Rd 8?

Comments

• Gredler01
    Gredler01 Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    @LordXberk: 15 players from Lock and Load reached prog on Cap side and same also on IM side.
  • Mjmacka
    Mjmacka Posts: 55
    We, Lock and Load 1 completed both. I found it doable on both sides with winfinite if you boosted and played smart. Rounds 7/8 on both sides I was 4/5.

Going forward, an alliance with strong 3*/4* team shouldn't have had an issue clearing all of the rounds as long as everyone hit all 5 or 6 refreshes every 8 hours.

Also, great job KA & Crewsaders.
  • dasquish
    dasquish Posts: 21
    Several of the Medusa's Lair alliances finished 14, I don't think any of us managed to make all 16 though.

Edit for clarity:
    Finished Team Iron Man 8 then finished at least Team Cap 6
    Medusas Coven
    Medusas Lair 1
    Medusas Lair 2
    Medusas Lair 4

I don't know what happened with the rest of the lairs, but I think all but one at least completed Iron Man rd 8.
  • pmorcs
    pmorcs Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    LordXberk wrote:
    Question for the alliances that finished both: was everyone able to hit max progression on both sides, or did the early climbers have to switch over to the other side as soon as the side A was completed and forego max prog on Side A? Someone above said they had an extra clear to spare, so it sounds possible, but just wanted to confirm. Thanks.

There were no issues collecting max personal progressions on both sides.
  • dasquish
    dasquish Posts: 21
    pmorcs wrote:
    LordXberk wrote:
    Question for the alliances that finished both: was everyone able to hit max progression on both sides, or did the early climbers have to switch over to the other side as soon as the side A was completed and forego max prog on Side A? Someone above said they had an extra clear to spare, so it sounds possible, but just wanted to confirm. Thanks.

There were no issues collecting max personal progressions on both sides.

I wanted to Second this with the caveat that if you had some people in your alliance with 3* and lower rosters (none of the teams that finished both had this issue) your higher roster folks had to sacrifice a little bit of score to cover the lowbies' butts. But yeah, if everyone in your alliance are able to run a *buster, winfinite, or a 5* team, I don't see any reason both sides couldn't have been completed. We had half our group drop out after getting through rd8 cap and still managed to get about 25% through rd 7 IM.
  • DCUDCU
    DCUDCU Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    rusland4 finished all 8 rounds for Team Iron Man and 5 for Team Cap.
  • RWTDBurn
    RWTDBurn Posts: 291
    CareBearStare finished all 8 rounds of Captain and just shy of 6 on Team IM.
  • Peej13
    Peej13 Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    TheBlackOrder finished 14 rounds.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Clobbers finished 8 IM and 6 Cap with 8 hours left
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    If I remember the sequencing right, vamanos pest finished a total of 11 rounds - through round 7 for team IM, and through the red Flaptain cover for team Cap. Some people hung around to finish personal progression before flipping, but most of us needed the guaranteed Flaptain covers more than the possibility of the 5*.
  • NJust1ceLeague (NJL) finished 15 rounds (8 for team IM, 7 for Cap).
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Logan's Loonies finished 13 (8 cap, 5 IM)
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    I believe MPQU finished 15, as well (just missing 16).
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Big congrats on all of these impressive results! An especially loud round of applause goes out to the awesome Alliances that managed to complete both Team Cap and Team Iron Man!

...And they said it couldn't be done!
  • CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Big congrats on all of these impressive results! An especially loud round of applause goes out to the awesome Alliances that managed to complete both Team Cap and Team Iron Man!

...And they said it couldn't be done!

David - how about getting some actual data from Demiurge to share - how many (# & %) of alliances finished round 8 of either Cap or IM? Which one had the greater share of round 8 finishes? What's the dev's take on scaling and the massive jump (rather than gradual ramp)?

Any data or insights while this is fresh in our mind would be great so that we can prepare for changes in the second run would be most helpful...

PS - have you seen the scaling on the Gauntlet - is that intended?
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    The Etc. alliance managed to complete round seven of the Team Iron Man campaign. We realized that we didn't have much of a chance to finish round eight, so we switched to team Captain America. We finished round five with seconds left to go (Thumbs up to Zymosan for getting in that final kill just before the buzzer). Total haul: 3 Hulkbuster covers, 2 Flaptain covers. Not bad for a fairly casual alliance!
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Immortal Rage 4 cleared round 8 Iron Man and made it about 60% through round 7 Cap. Cap side was especially brutal without HB or such to carry. I know Immortal Rage (1) also cleared Iron Man and made it to Cap round 7, don't know how far. Overall most of our alliances at least cleared their first side - though the insane scaling change early on didn't help. Even round 3 Cap had massively high normal nodes.
  • DubbaHuss
    DubbaHuss Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
    TheEnlightened finished 15 1/2 rounds, so close to glory.
  • ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    Army of Sparta(with whom i merced for CW) got just past round 6 of cap side after finishing Iron Man.
  • Dankaminari
    Dankaminari Posts: 75
    Shadow Evolved finished Team Cap and got to round 7 of Team Iron Man.