Civil War praise

2»

Comments

• udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    I did not expect my casual pvp only alliance to make it through round 8. We pulled together and hit it with almost a day left and got through 5 rounds of cap too. That was immensely satisfying. The boss fights were challenging but not "unwinnable without board luck" challenging.

I did find that once we switched sides that it was much more difficult for me. I rely a lot on IM40 to power up 4cyc, so with him locked out all the fights were much more difficult. That's really not a valid event complaint, just an observation.

Please do get rid of crit boost rewards. Even if only for special events.
  • Tilesmasher
    Tilesmasher Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    This event was great, rewards were perfect other than crit boosts, it was winnable but not easy, and it was short.

Great job!
  • waywreth
    waywreth Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    Add my compliments as well. It was fun all around.

If I could make one suggestion - turn crit boosts into a rare chance to get a vault token, previous events had more tokens, and opening those is one of the best parts of the game.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have always enjoyed these alliance based events... a lot.

This one was great with some great features. I loved that you had to choose a team, I love that you had the option of the mirror node if you didn't have an essential in your chosen team, I loved that you gave 4 star covers away as progression and an LT at the end, and I loved that this is the first time we've actually earned a 5* character instead of just a CHANCE at one! I loved that once you finished the last round with one, you could switch to the other side and bang away for more progression rewards and not left twiddling your thumbs for the next day.

So many good points.

There are also small improvements to be made, but overall, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

More vault tokens should have been available as rewards, I hate vaults, but if you gave out more tokens, you'd get more draws on it, and make it a little more tolerable. I agree with the advice to get rid of crit boost and give more tokens, and increase the iso flow in this event. The HB covers put him in maxing range, with a couple covers left for champing him... but not enough iso earnable in this event... then followed up with the Gauntlet which is not a high iso generating event either... and especially with monstrous scaling... so my 14 days to earn the necessary iso odds seem pretty slim if we don't get a way to generate iso coming soon.

Scaling is a hard one to answer with this particular event. Make them scale with the boss level, and you have people clearing the lower level nodes on one side to unlock high level boss on the other. Make them scale universally as was done, and you have essential nodes that are way more difficult than the boss level. The jump in scaling would have been better if we were notified in advance that this was intentional, so the lower rosters could be prepared for it. We had great communication leading up to it, this would have been great to share during that time... along with saying that Spidey would be essential even though not on the list.
  • TheDrStrange
    TheDrStrange Posts: 89 Match Maker
    My alliance got further than we've ever gotten in an alliance event! We're filled with a lot of players making the transition from 2->3 and 3->4 (heck, even a few 1->2 star transitioners), so we don't have the impressive rosters I see on a lot of alliances. But, that said, we made it through round 6! A pair of Hulkbusters and a token for everyone! Those rewards will go a long way in getting our players more stuff to play with which is great. I'm ready for the next run in a week or two. icon_e_smile.gif

My one very minor complaint was that if you hit the legendary token in the event vault you got a regular legendary token, not the Iron Man or Captain America one. One of our players hit that and was a little disappointed he didn't get another chance at the 5* Iron Man.
  • Clyve
    Clyve Posts: 91
    I also liked this event quite a bit overall, but agree the scaling on the side-missions got a little out of hand, and the sudden jump around 24 hours seemed a little nonsensical. I don't get why they're using time-based scaling. For newer alliances, it creates an unnecessary challenge where the side-nodes outpace the scaling of the boss. Why not just base the scaling on which round you're on? Something like this: Enemy base level * personal scaling factor based on roster * round-based scaling factor.

Is that so difficult?