anyone reached CW round 8 yet?

2»

Comments

• Hightower2
    Hightower2 Posts: 3
    Sorry this is a bit off topic but I cannot create a new thread to ask and have not received any other response but maybe someone here can give me some insight.

I just joined an alliance for the CW event but right now even though I see alliance progress in ranking, etc I see no other members of my alliance in either Team IM or Team Cap battle, I'm the only one ranked in either and I'm also the only one contributing to round progress according to the alliance round info. So while alliance rank is apparently taking all of us into account the round progress I appear to be completely on my own and that's disappointing to say the least as I dont have the time or the covers to make all that grinding practical. This a bug or something intended?
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I woke up this morning and logged on to Wrecking Crew to get my 5* Iron Man before I started my 6th clear!

Used some of that clear to hit IM max progression then switched to cap side - we're on round 3 there with five sub refreshes to go, should be able to get to team LT on that side pretty easily.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Scarfighters has Just killed cap and as our players have hit max progressions we are switching to team cap to take on IM. I am wondering if anyone will hit max progression on both or will they fall short from not having enough nodes to clear. I think the secs said it was not possible for the alliance to do both, but I do wonder about individual progressions
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    level 8 done in stampcollectors and heading to the other side
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, we just finished round 8 after the 12pm (EDT) refresh and are already up to Round 3 on the other side. I think we should get through 5 and maybe 6 if we keep playing hard.

Did anyone finish round 8 in 5 refreshes? if so then I would expect at least a few alliances to get to round 8 in both.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    We finished Team IM and I didn't mind the scaling change on the mission nodes there since we were so close to being done. It just sucks to fight 290+s in the Team Cap nodes to fight a level 150 IM.

Thanks for killing my motivation to continue devs.
  • Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    Tacos have completed Cap's side, and are starting round 6 over on Tony's. The latter has way more annoying side nodes, and boss abilities.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ludaa wrote:
    Tacos have completed Cap's side, and are starting round 6 over on Tony's. The latter has way more annoying side nodes, and boss abilities.
    Pretty sure we finish 6. Just found my groove on this side's boss node with thing/xpool/hood. Struggled for a while with cyke/jean/hood and cyke/ice/hood. Maybe I use hood too much lol. Never lost but felt too hard and took too much damage every time. Recent champ thing really helps.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    wymtime wrote:
    Scarfighters has Just killed cap and as our players have hit max progressions we are switching to team cap to take on IM. I am wondering if anyone will hit max progression on both or will they fall short from not having enough nodes to clear. I think the secs said it was not possible for the alliance to do both, but I do wonder about individual progressions
    Oh, really? Good job guys! We only just finished round 7 for team Cap in U.L.T.R.O.N, and are focusing Team IM now rather than trying stage 8. Thanks again for the merc position on Hulk.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    wymtime wrote:
    I think individual progression was higher than the teams. I know most of us had to continue to personal progression after we were already there on the team. I think perfectly optimal play could have finished rd 7 on the 'other' side.

Edit: after doing the math it doesn't take anywhere near optimal play to finish 7, but does take consistent play throughout the team to the end. I predict several finish 7. We likely will. I don't know If 8 is mathematically possible though.
  • Vhailorx
    edited May 2016
    TxMoose wrote:
    wymtime wrote:
    I think individual progression was higher than the teams. I know most of us had to continue to personal progression after we were already there on the team. I think perfectly optimal play could have finished rd 7 on the 'other' side.

Edit: after doing the math it doesn't take anywhere near optimal play to finish 7, but does take consistent play throughout the team to the end. I predict several finish 7. We likely will. I don't know If 8 is mathematically possible though.

I think this is right. Clearing both rounds is only possible if someone did the first 8 rounds in 5 refreshes (there are only 11 refreshes in the whole event, so if it takes 6 to do one side then both is mathematically impossible). And it was right after the 6th refresh that people on the boards started reporting they had finished round 8. But that could easily mean that people finished in the 5th refresh and just didn't start posting about it until the 6th. . .
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    TxMoose wrote:
    wymtime wrote:

Your world may be about to be rocked - stand by for a clearance of R8 cap in refresh 10 - a whole refresh early both sides done
  • Vhailorx
    alphabeta wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:
    wymtime wrote:

Your world may be about to be rocked - stand by for a clearance of R8 cap in refresh 10 - a whole refresh early both sides done

That makes sense. 5 refreshes to do 8 rounds, so 10 refreshes to do both sides. Well done!
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    alphabeta wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:
    wymtime wrote:

Wow congratulations clearing both is extremely impressive. Have fun with your new 5* and I hope your LT pulls were fruitful!!