Free Comic Book Day 2* Steve Cover

2»

Comments

• Felonius
    Felonius Posts: 289 Mover and Shaker
    Free is free. Thanks D3.

Also, that 2* Steve Cover was enough to get my toon to Champ Level 139, which gave me 3CP. I was happy about that. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Xenoberyll wrote:
    To me it's more like an insult than a gift. I get angry thinking about this being promoted as something players should be happy about. i know, i know...never look a gift horse in its mouth but 250 iso?! really?! icon_rolleyes.gif

You really should look a gift horse in the mouth; you know what happened to Troy when they were given a gift horse, right?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Supposedly 2* Steve is one of the most rostered characters in the game. I think a lot of casual players were very happy for that cover.
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pretty much this forum.

Free thing given away by devs. Userbase rages because the free thing wasn't what they wanted or they wanted much more for free.

Nothing given out by devs. Userbase rages because the devs are too stingy to even give away a small reward.

Then userbase complains that devs don't "communicate enough".
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    MarvelMan wrote:
    DeNappa wrote:
    Hey, a free 250 iso bonus. Nothing much wrong with that!

Spot on. Totally happy with 20% of last years celebration.

Agreed. Not what most players sought for ( star.pngstar.pngicon_captainamerica.png ) & I do admit that d3 could be a bit more generous like giving us a star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_captainamerica.png instead but just happy to get some iso8.png from it than nothing.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    MarvelMan wrote:
    DeNappa wrote:
    Hey, a free 250 iso bonus. Nothing much wrong with that!

Spot on. Totally happy with 20% of last years celebration.
    Of course I'd be happier if they'd given us something bigger. But seen how reluctant they seem to be when it comes to handing out freebies(*), I'm happy to receive anything at all.

(*) -> or even non-freebies... seeing that critboost 'rewards' are still a thing, daily resupply still has standard tokens, and LT's still have a chance to yield Chulk covers
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    In all likelihood, the majority of the player base is still hovering in the range where a 2* Cap cover might still be helpful. Blah blah blah forum peeps don't represent the player base blah blah blah and stuff, same old tired argument.

While he's considered low tier among the 2*s, I loved using him when I was a 2* player personally despite how slow he is. Once he got going, I could use him with 2* Thor and Hawkeye to reliably beat the Big Enchilada (note: This was in the goon/mover/goon/mover pattern, NOT randomized) every day until I had a solid 3* roster because he controlled the board so well. Mine is max-champed, so it was just 250 ISO for me too.

Although I do not think it is the "zomg gr34t3st r3w4rd EVARRRRRR," I am still grateful that they thought of us. Free is free despite it being less than what we received last year. Missed opportunity? Maybe. Am I upset? Not really.