Free Comic Book Day 2* Steve Cover

madsalad
madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
edited May 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Please, D3, you embarrass us with these riches.

Another missed opportunity. This would have been a great time to give everyone 1 3* Steve and 1 3* IM40, not show how biased you are for #TeamCap and open the coffers a little bit.

Thanks for the 250 iso.

Comments

• Stussi
    Stussi Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    agree, sometimes it's better do nothing.
  • Tryke
    Tryke Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    madsalad wrote:
    Please, D3, you embarrass us with these riches.

Another missed opportunity. This would have been a great time to give everyone 1 3* Steve and 1 3* IM40, not show how biased you are for #TeamCap and open the coffers a little bit.

Thanks for the 250 iso.

Dat crippling iso shortage doe! icon_lol.gif
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Not to mention that tomorrow is actually FCBD
  • Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    Just to play devil's advocate here...
    what's to say this is the only thing they do? Maybe we'll get another cover later/tomorrow. Maybe we'll get a token.

You got something for free and you still complained. Unbelievable.
  • madsalad
    Jathro wrote:
    what's to say this is the only thing they do? Maybe we'll get another cover later/tomorrow. Maybe we'll get a token.

Missed opportunity is still missed.

D3 refuses to acknowledge the iso shortage, that this is a 3*/4*/5* meta now. If 2* Cap helped you, I'm happy. Maybe there was an influx of new player for CW (I'm sure there was) and they could probably use 2* Cap. Good for them.

I got 250 iso. D3 is very stingy with digital assets. I will complain if I want to. It is believable.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jathro wrote:

13p1ye.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Maker
  • Stussi
    Stussi Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    Jathro wrote:

Do you ever buy a 10 packs token? I did that error a couple of times. Last time I found 10, and I repeat, 10 2* token without any 3* o 4* and I spend money for that. This "gift" only confirm what I think about MPQ rewards system.
  • madsalad
    Also, here is the link from last year when they gave us a 2* Wolverine + 1K iso.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=28844&hilit=Free+comic+book+day

Now, I will admit, I did blow through the reward quickly AND I sometimes forget that all rewards are on one screen now, so maybe I missed that they ALSO gave us 1k iso this year, too. Can someone please confirm?
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    There was no ISO this year.

And yes, it looks like a bad joke icon_razz.gif
  • Esheris
    Esheris Posts: 216 Tile Toppler
    A neat event would have been the Antman event where it had the few nodes and rewarded maybe a different 4*.

I'm really bored in-between CW refreshes and this event seems to lack Iso and HP so that would have helped in all cases while being fun!
  • madsalad
    Esheris wrote:
    A neat event would have been the Antman event where it had the few nodes and rewarded maybe a different 4*.

I'm really bored in-between CW refreshes and this event seems to lack Iso and HP so that would have helped in all cases while being fun!

There is always Balance of Power...
  • BumpoTheClown
    BumpoTheClown Posts: 74 Match Maker
    And for you... Slacks!

You'll grow into them.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Spudgutter wrote:
    Not to mention that tomorrow is actually FCBD

It is tomorrrow already in some places
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hey, a free 250 iso bonus. Nothing much wrong with that!
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    DeNappa wrote:
    Hey, a free 250 iso bonus. Nothing much wrong with that!

Spot on. Totally happy with 20% of last years celebration.
  • wirius
    wirius Posts: 667
    There's a word for people who complain about receiving 5$ then complaining its not $10. I believe its called an "ingrate". There are legitimate complaints out there, this is just spoiled entitlement.
  • madsalad
    wirius wrote:
    There's a word for people who complain about receiving 5$ then complaining its not $10. I believe its called an "ingrate". There are legitimate complaints out there, this is just spoiled entitlement.

There was a missed opportunity here. They only gave us a Cap cover, during an event where you can pick side between Cap or Iron Man. Why only one side? At least one of each? And at the same level, which would mean 3* Cap and 3* Iron Man.

While we're at it, last year they gave us 1K iso on top of a free cover, so why not this year? Did I miss where we are getting so much iso now that we don't need that extra 1k?

I try to call things like I see them. I see this as a missed opportunity to really please your player base and make FCBD and CW great experiences.

I did thank them for the 250 iso.

BTW, I also give D3 praise when they do something right. They went above and beyond on a CS experience I had a few months ago and I let folks know about it. I even talked about it on the PW3 podcast because I wanted folks to know. It's not all doom and gloom but they miss opportunities to really make something special happen.

Edit: typo
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    You know what else is a missed opportunity? D3 could've set me up with Keira Knightley ANY TIME IN THE PAST 2 YEARS (BECAUSE I'VE MADE THIS JOKE BEFORE), BUT THEY HAVEN'T, **** U GUYZ.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    To me it's more like an insult than a gift. I get angry thinking about this being promoted as something players should be happy about. i know, i know...never look a gift horse in its mouth but 250 iso?! really?! icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    ISO shortage solved.
    Good work.