This is the PVE we want!

WEBGAS
WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
edited May 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Civil War is the best PVE we had in a long time.
Without stressful grinding icon_redface.gif , no competition between players icon_cry.gif
and cooperation by teammates icon_e_biggrin.gif
Very well balanced difficulty and good rewards for PROGRESSION ( as the majority of us have been asking for a long time) icon_e_biggrin.gif

Thank you D3...
now apply this PROGRESSION REWARDS system to the remaining PVEs and you will give us the GAME we all are asking for icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif

Comments

• wirius
    wirius Posts: 667
    So you're saying you want the players to be only against the environment? That doesn't sound like MPQ PvE to me at all =P
  • LXSandman
    LXSandman Posts: 196 Tile Toppler
    wirius wrote:
    So you're saying you want the players to be only against the environment? That doesn't sound like MPQ PvE to me at all =P

Haha, so true.
  • JordonLee
    JordonLee Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    Whilst I agree, it's been terrible for ISO and HP. I'm not sure about node rewards, but we get 50 HP in the whole event from progression.
    As for ISO I've done 3 full clears and got about 5k iso from a days worth of PVE. It's pretty darn bad. Go a bit of CP though so I can't complain.
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    JordonLee wrote:
    Whilst I agree, it's been terrible for ISO and HP. I'm not sure about node rewards, but we get 50 HP in the whole event from progression.
    As for ISO I've done 3 full clears and got about 5k iso from a days worth of PVE. It's pretty darn bad. Go a bit of CP though so I can't complain.

If it means I can acquire decent rewards off a progress ladder and NOT have to grind the same nodes over and over and over and over and over and over for hours each day, and NOT have to compete with the entire world for a chance at digital goods, I will trade some of my ISO income for that all year long.
  • grunzadin
    grunzadin Posts: 52 Match Maker
    I like competing against other players in PVE. Sue me.
  • cyineedsn
    cyineedsn Posts: 361 Mover and Shaker
    grunzadin wrote:

If only there was a game mode where you could fight against AI opponents but still compete against other players in placement
  • grunzadin
    grunzadin Posts: 52 Match Maker
    cyineedsn wrote:
    grunzadin wrote:

If only there was a game mode where you could fight against AI opponents but still compete against other players in placement

I "compete" to have a better roster than other players. If there is a progression-oriented game mode, then everyone has an opportunity to get the same number of covers as me. That isn't fun for me.

I'm not saying my opinion is more valid than the players clamoring for more progression rewards, I'm just offering the alternative.
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    tanis3303 wrote:
    JordonLee wrote:

If it means I can acquire decent rewards off a progress ladder and NOT have to grind the same nodes over and over and over and over and over and over for hours each day, and NOT have to compete with the entire world for a chance at digital goods, I will trade some of my ISO income for that all year long.

Absolutely, unequivocally this. As a 3-4* transitioner, the easily-gotten Venom green from the 5* progression token, IMHB red and blue (very soon black), and Rulk green from the Team IM vault, all within the past 24 hours???

</drool>
  • Tarheelmax
    Tarheelmax Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    The funny thing is, aren't we the ones that called them PVE and PVP? Aren't they actually Story and Versus?

Did the devs ever say they were trying to make PVE in it's true form or PVP in its true form?
  • JordonLee
    JordonLee Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    tanis3303 wrote:
    JordonLee wrote:

I get what you mean, but I already get enough covers for characters I can't level because I have no iso. I don't think it's wise to suggest you want more covers without taking in to account actually being able to level them is absurd.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    careful. do your next clear and lets see how many are still singing its praises....
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    TxMoose wrote:
    careful. do your next clear and lets see how many are still singing its praises....

Even with the scaling jump, the opportunity to receive 3 guaranteed 4* covers within 24 hours (I'm talking about the alliance IMHB red and blue plus the alliance progression 5* team IM token since we haven't reached the black progression yet) for fairly minimal effort compared to the 7 days of Hulk to receive 25 CP plus 2 Winter Soldier covers that are not guaranteed by any stretch is more than welcome in my eyes.

The scaling in normal events gets to be every bit as punishing as the scaling in the sub-nodes here, so I'll be singing away!
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    TxMoose wrote:

I knew it was coming. Guess I'm back to the super-duper-fun "Play OML/Fist or die" gameplay. I was enjoying using silly teams like TAHulk/She Hulk (HULKS SMASH!!) and Bagman/Thing/Mr Fantastic...then busting out the big guns for the boss battle. Guess that's over with now, and I can go back to being bored with using the same darn team for EVERY node, because taking in anything else is just suicide. Hurray for variety, I guess... icon_e_confused.gif
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tarheelmax wrote:
    The funny thing is, aren't we the ones that called them PVE and PVP? Aren't they actually Story and Versus?

Did the devs ever say they were trying to make PVE in it's true form or PVP in its true form?

This is true, they never did. BUT, if one section is called "versus" and the other is NOT "versus" then shouldn't it not be versus?

57bb8f318354c0791570ae19bac6aaea.jpg
  • Tarheelmax
    Tarheelmax Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    udonomefoo wrote:
    Tarheelmax wrote:

This is true, they never did. BUT, if one section is called "versus" and the other is NOT "versus" then shouldn't it not be versus?

57bb8f318354c0791570ae19bac6aaea.jpg

I see your point; one is called versus. But the other one is not called "NOT versus," it's called story.

If you go and get ice cream and you have two choices: Chocolate and Double Chocolate, you might look at little silly if you order chocolate, call it vanilla, then complain it tastes more like chocolate than vanilla.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    What kind of store would only offer chocolate and double-chocolate????
  • Meander
    Meander Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    The best kind
  • mazerat
    mazerat Posts: 118
    This isn't the PvE I want. I'm 2-3 transitioner, my alliance is on Round 7 Cap, I'm at 300k points for the event. At this point I'm basically worthless to my team and unlikely to get max progression because I can clear the nodes but they're worth about 5% of a boss clear and I can't do significant damage to Cap (maybe 12k?) before his match damage just overwhelms me.

It's frustrating, especially since every other event can be completed at any level with enough time and effort. Here I just feel like I'm smashing health packs every few hours in order to be a team player.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tarheelmax wrote:
    udonomefoo wrote:
    Tarheelmax wrote:

I see your point; one is called versus. But the other one is not called "NOT versus," it's called story.

If you go and get ice cream and you have two choices: Chocolate and Double Chocolate, you might look at little silly if you order chocolate, call it vanilla, then complain it tastes more like chocolate than vanilla.

If story mode was instead called "Double Versus" then you would be correct. A more appropriate analogy would be if there were two stores next to each other and one had a sign that said "Ice Cream" and the other had a sign that said "Doughnuts" and you went into the "Doughnuts" store and all they sold was ice cream shaped into rings that resembled donuts. icon_razz.gif
  • cyineedsn
    cyineedsn Posts: 361 Mover and Shaker
    udonomefoo wrote:

If story mode was instead called "Double Versus" then you would be correct. A more appropriate analogy would be if there were two stores next to each other and one had a sign that said "Ice Cream" and the other had a sign that said "Doughnuts" and you went into the "Doughnuts" store and all they sold was ice cream shaped into rings that resembled donuts. icon_razz.gif

I demand an Ice Cream Donut store or I will rage quit