Veteran PVE Brackets Are Bad

2»

Comments

• mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Also, there's no real strategy for getting in n00b vs vet brackets in pve. I tanked the last pve, but it didn't make a difference. Even when I join a bit late, I still end up in the vet bracket. Basically I have to not play pve for a month straight to get returned to a n00b bracket. If that's what it takes, then I'm happy to do it!
  • Phaentom
    Phaentom Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    My bracket has 8hrs 46mins left which is one full clear and a grind and I'm sitting in 6th with 145,697. Basically the same people that were top 10 after the first part, are still top 10 now. I'm also not a fan favorite of 7 day events, but it's for a new hero.
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    Phaentom wrote:
    My bracket has 8hrs 46mins left which is one full clear and a grind and I'm sitting in 6th with 145,697. Basically the same people that were top 10 after the first part, are still top 10 now. I'm also not a fan favorite of 7 day events, but it's for a new hero.

I feel like there is some strange expectation that "new character release" necessarily dictates "grind as hard as you can" around here. In my experience, it's entirely player-bracket dependent even from event to event.

My bracket has #1 at about 140k, and the rest of the T10 is ~125k-ish at the low point. As I said before, I am still in 31st at 105k.

The last PvE test event in Prodigal Sun, my bracket had the top 10 grinding up over 200% of the top progression reward, and it was not a new character release. Same slice, slice 5. In fact, the rewards on that one were terrible for placement - Mr. Fantastic was the 4* reward, and it was still ground to dust for some bizarre reason.

Assuming that new character necessitates heavy grind may be true in general, but as myself and others have noted, it is way too bracket dependent in the end to rely on that assumption alone. I don't know what all the factors may be that limits or pushes grinds in separate brackets, but new char == grind is not always true.
  • Stony
    Stony Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Darknes21 wrote:
    mpqr7 wrote:
    It's not fair that I have to work my butt off and probably won't even win it, while others get n00b brackets and win lots of covers with lower PVE scores.

News flash life is not fair! Why should MPQ be fair! I forgot we live in a world were everyone gets what they want when they cry and complain! God forbid people have to work for things!
    **** like this is why we need the downvote button back. **** idiot
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    The joke is getting the covers like I do 60-70% of the time: with less than 24 hours of play. It makes me feel bad for those who have stories like OP - but even worse for those who grinded for 7 full days.

Jumped into S1 yesterday. One full clear + ~1/3rd of a proper grind and Bucky is on my roster this morning.

Not how you intended D3? How about putting that 4* cover as the final progression instead, limiting the late bracket-jumpers like myself?

Have to agree here. I'm a bracket sniper and usually make t10 in every event. People like us are gaming a broken system and really we shouldn't be able to but d3 need to change pve before anyone will stop doing what we do.

Make the cover the final progression and we can't do that.

The only thing stopped me in this event is alliance commitments and so I played the full 7 days but that is rare for me.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    mpqr7 wrote:
    People on this forum pressured me to do 5-6 clears per day. ...

Hahaha, that's the funniest line I've read in a long time. Forum peer pressure. icon_razz.gif
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    mpqr7 wrote:
    People on this forum pressured me to do 5-6 clears per day. ...

Hahaha, that's the funniest line I've read in a long time. Forum peer pressure. icon_razz.gif
    All the cool kids are doing 7 clears...
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    The joke is getting the covers like I do 60-70% of the time: with less than 24 hours of play. It makes me feel bad for those who have stories like OP - but even worse for those who grinded for 7 full days.

Jumped into S1 yesterday. One full clear + ~1/3rd of a proper grind and Bucky is on my roster this morning.

Not how you intended D3? How about putting that 4* cover as the final progression instead, limiting the late bracket-jumpers like myself?

I lost on the bracket roulette this time. Joined with just 24 hours left and was player 499 lol. Win some and lose some. I would love to see story events progression only but I just know that D3 will put that progression at near optimal scoring, as it is I shall embrace the current system and enjoy the thrill of seeing that I join an event with a few hours left and there is only 20 players in it icon_e_smile.gif
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,790 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:

You was in my slice, I saw you and recognised the name from here. I finished 83rd, you absolutely didn't do it with one full clear, no way. Don't get me wrong it was minimal effort, I did 3+ clears not quite optimal and some minor grinding and I'm sure you were well above me in the end.

I still maintain they should convert pve score to iso. If you grind for 7 days and still dip out at least you have the consulation you earn a load of iso for your effort. Where scrubs like me that successfully snipe new covers almost every time with less than a day on the clock would get the cover and the few thousand iso compared to the hundred thousand someone else would get.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,727 Chairperson of the Boards
    After grinding night after night I had a score of 123,125 and.....104th place. A Vision cover (and pulled 2* Bullseye with the token) was my reward for playing and playing this #*!# event. I wish the developers would be nice once in a while when this happens and change the reward structure. So many players ground this thing down and got a lame 3* cover. Yay lets go play the new event.....
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    I'm top 50 with 30K with one clear a day. Thanks casual alliance (that lets me join four days into an event to get placement)!
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    mpqr7 wrote:
    People on this forum pressured me to do 5-6 clears per day. I'm now at over 100,000 points on this endless 7-day pve, and I'm still not even in the top 100!! I have alliance-mates who have 90,000 points, and they're number one!!

5-6 clears? So you're not even trying to get all rewards from the nodes? Yet you still want t100?

In Magical Christmasland that may happen, but not in mpq. If you want rewards, you need to put in the time.
    If you're falling behind t100, play more. It's not like people's points are hidden. The only person to blame here is yourself.

Sorry, but that's the sad truth