Converge Cards and Pyromancer's goggles

Options
EDUSAN
EDUSAN Posts: 197 Tile Toppler
as if playing pyromancers goggles in a deck wasnt hard enough, if i activate them and i fetch a card with converge it will get filled with 0 mana converged so at least the card i had (painful truths) did 0 damage and made me draw 0 cards

kinda sucky how that interaction between cards works.

From a logical point of view i can understand it, but considering that pyromancers goggles is one of the most expensive cards and its activation should be powerful maybe there is a chance that the card gets fetched with 5 converged mana?

Comments

• EDUSAN
    EDUSAN Posts: 197 Tile Toppler
    Options
    to add to this "bug"

the cards with awaken that are fetched with pyromancer's goggles dont have their awaken cost filled.

Is better than a 0 mana converged card because at least IT DOES something. But definetely something has to be done about this
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is fairly standard for MtG. When something replaces the casting cost of a spell with a variable in the cost, that variable is zero.
  • Plastic
    Plastic Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm with blacksheep on the converge part. The awaken cost is probably something that needs to be addressed though.
  • majincob
    majincob Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The goggles are such a build around card you just well... build around it's limitations. If a spell would miss if cast by it, don't put it in your deck. The card behaves as I would expect, being an avid long time player of paper magic.