Has there been any mention of massive HP gains in Civil War?

Dragon_Nexus
Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
edited May 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Tell you what, trying to build up 5000 HP to get all of these characters is going to be a tall order on my bank account.

Comments

• ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's almost as if they want people to spend money.
  • Punatulkku
    Punatulkku Posts: 228
    Forcing people never gets to anywhere. Making players happy makes people spend money more easily
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Punatulkku wrote:
    Forcing people never gets to anywhere. Making players happy makes people spend money more easily

Except you aren't really forced to do anything. If you want to collect them you'll pony up the HP or sell off other characters to open up slots. If you don't want to collect them you won't.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Who cares about hp? What about double ISO?

The reality is you only need 2k to roster Bucky and Warmachine.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Fortunately, I have level 1 1* Hawkeye and 1* Black Widow that can easily be sold to free up spaces for real characters.

4 characters in 4 weeks is a little crazy.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    How can people need hp, Unless your a noobie, i mean you should very easy be making between 2000 to 3000 HP per month. then again maybe they are blowing it all on covers and sheilds...I now i have like 14 open slots with almost 15,000 HP. But then again i never buy packs
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Orion wrote:
    Fortunately, I have level 1 1* Hawkeye and 1* Black Widow that can easily be sold to free up spaces for real characters.

4 characters in 4 weeks is a little crazy.

I know it doesn't seem like much better, but it's actually only 3 characters, since you can only get /either/ 5* IM or 5* Cap (unless you are willing to break the bank to buy LTs from both kinds, but if so, you are not worried about roster slots). The only real crime, IMHO was making WS's release a 7 day event. Not only it's a terrible slog, it also made the gap between Drax's release and this seem much smaller.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Here is the reality. You can get 1 new 5* from civil war event. They made it so you cannot get both. We are getting winter soldier, then 1 5* choose you side, the gauntlet, a 2nd run of civil war either a 2nd 5* or a 2nd cover of the first, then war machine. With the 7 day PVE of the hulk you can earn HP each sub, plus there will be PVP and gauntlet to earn HP.

There will probably be additional HP in civil war. Normally it is not too hard to get 1k HP in two weeks for the new character. With 4 new characters if you earn 500 hp a week the new characters will drop you about 2k HP. If they increase the HP from civil war it might only cost 1000-1500 HP to roster all 4. Personally I am thinking about going after just 1 5* two times so I can only go negative 500-1000 HP. Luckily I currently have 8K stored up for just in case like this.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phumade wrote:
    The reality is you only need 2k to roster Bucky and Warmachine.

quoted for truth
  • DTStump
    DTStump Posts: 273 Mover and Shaker
    I wish I could downvote comments saying basically that if you don't have thousands of surplus HP, then you're doing something wrong.

I also wish I people could give me their extra HP since it's so easy to earn.
  • Boommike
    Boommike Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    DTStump wrote:
    I wish I could downvote comments saying basically that if you don't have thousands of surplus HP, then you're doing something wrong.

2 out of 3, you get one more wish!

(wish for more wishes!)
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I get most of my HP from champion rewards. I keep my stash at around 5000. When it's more than 5000, I often buy the daily 100 hp vault token deals. When it gets well below 5000, I stop doing that so that it increases again. I could save and save for a 10 or 40 token deal, but I'm lazy.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    I've got to stop trying for those 100hp daily vault tokens every time I get a vault with a 4* I really want. Sometimes I get lucky but most of the time I get 2*s. Its a sucker bet and I've got to force myself to let it go.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    There's always the option of planning ahead. I've got enough HP to roster 1 character. I've also got 3 1* and Bagman ready to hit the road if I'm fortunate enough to get all of them. I chose to pad my roster with junk to dissuade me from cashing in on those tempting daily deals.

I'll be sad if Juggernaut loses his pals. I hate seeing him up there all alone.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    DTStump wrote:

you should be getting at least 100 HP per PVP and another 50 from allaince 150 x 3 450 x 4 = 1800 a month
    even if you take top 50 in PVE you would be given 50 HP per day 1500 per month.

right there is 3300 a month not counting end rewards
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:
    DTStump wrote:

you should be getting at least 100 HP per PVP and another 50 from allaince 150 x 3 450 x 4 = 1800 a month

If you don't shield.

Below Top 100 (most likely scenario if you aren't shielding) there is no HP reward. If your alliance hits top 250 yes you'll get 50.

So that's 900 each season. 150 from season progression, which you should hit if you are getting all HP each PVP.

1050 each season for PVP.

PVE is much less regular.

If you shield at least once in PVP with the min shield you cut down your HP profits.

With characters released every 2 weeks, and shielding to secure your score for personal and alliance placement in PVP, a F2P player cuts it pretty tight on HP for rostering each newly released character.

I have 90 roster spots, it's pretty tight for me right now.
  • BumpoTheClown
    BumpoTheClown Posts: 74 Match Maker
    slidecage wrote:
    DTStump wrote:

Quick math question: What percentage of players are in the top 10%? Take your time.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Yes. Whoever runs the vaults is expected to make massive amounts of HP.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Tell you what, trying to build up 5000 HP to get all of these characters is going to be a tall order on my bank account.

Why do you think there have been almost weekly 3x or 5x stark buy clubs lately??? icon_twisted.gif
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    its 4 characters right? not sure where the 5th is coming from. 4K is still a lot - just wondering if I missed something.